PDA

View Full Version : Updating Flashplayer in the Raptor

mengram
05-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Hello all, when I try to watch videos with the Raptor using Webzeal v 2.7, I get a messege that says I need to update flashplayer. I tried to download it using the Raptor while on Adobe Flashplayer download page but that was a nogo. Do I need to download the flash player to a USB drive and install it on the Raptor using one of the USB ports. Any help is appreciated.

mengram

el bandido
05-05-2012, 08:36 PM
I do not know if there is any way to do this, but I think we are limited. I think the user installed storage for addons and plugins is about 30MB, and WebZeal takes most of that. It sure would be nice though and we will ask about it. EB

Jim S.
05-05-2012, 08:39 PM
More to the point, Adobe probably isn't going to provide a player for whatever CPU is in the Optibox. If they do provide a precompiled Linux player, it's probably only for Intel chips. You're probably dependent on the author of WebZeal updating it, or not.

mengram
05-06-2012, 06:59 AM
Thanks for the help guys. I hope they can get this fixed. No sense in having an internet ready receiver if it will not stream video because the flashplayer is out of date or non-existent.

mengram

Jim S.
05-06-2012, 07:31 AM
Well it's just a shame that so many people have gone with Flash. They ought to be using standards that are non-proprietary, and also not bloated with unnecessary features that provide more security holes than desirable functions.