PDA

View Full Version : Can You Merge Two Sat Files?

Pixl
06-12-2012, 12:38 PM
I have two Openbox S-9's, one for Ku and one for C-band. I would like to put everything on one receiver and use the other box for something else. Can I merge the Ku sats onto the C-band receiver with out having to key in all that info manually on an editor?

el bandido
06-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Do you have the setedit channel editor?

dr.zin
06-12-2012, 01:29 PM
there was a setedit for openbox,v126 I believe
never tried opening 2 files at once tho.

Pixl
06-13-2012, 07:04 PM
I've never heard of Setedit.
I have the pvr800 editor only.
Do you think it can be done with Setedit?

dr.zin
06-13-2012, 07:17 PM
the ideal way would be to copy/paste the C band sats say into the list that had the ku band or vice versa.
I couldn't get setedit to do that.The closest I could get is copy/paste channels one at a time but the flaw is the sat has to have at least 1 channel already,which it wouldn't.I couldn't paste to an empty sat.One channel at a time would take forever anyway.
I may look at the .udf file with a hex editor to see if anything can be done that way.

dr.zin
06-13-2012, 07:18 PM
I don't have any examples of sat lists with just C band.
Mine are just Ku.

el bandido
06-13-2012, 07:44 PM
The pvr 800 editor is too weak to do much of anything. But what do you expect for free?

SetEdit allows you to do several things, but it costs money. I have three different versions of SETEdit which allows me to transfer files easily between the different brands of receivers. It saves me a lot of time.

Upload your two sat files that you would like to merge and I will see what SetEdit can do to them. EB

dr.zin
06-13-2012, 08:07 PM
you can drag and drop tp's between sats in the same list,but not between 2 lists.(setedit v126)

Pixl
06-15-2012, 08:53 AM
I'm interested in trying out setedit. Where should I buy it and how much $.
I Googled setedit found a site doesn't really say it is for satellite editing. What is it supposed to be used for and is there a support forum somewhere. Looks kinda complicated.

el bandido
06-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Go to [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Then Select SetEditHD100 1.34.

Most people do not bother to read the instructions which are attached.

To do what you want to do, simply open two instances of Setedit and put them side by side on the computer screen. Then drag the entire satellite of one file to the other file. Doing this should drag the channels and the transponders from one satellite file into the other satellite file without erasing anything. This worked for me on a couple of satellite files that I tried it on, but they were not loaded with channels. I am not running any Openbox at the moment to generate two channel files and check it, but it should work.

The price of SetEdit is about 25 Euro. The conversion rate is around 1.3 in favor of the Euro, so expect to pay around 33 dollars for an unlocked version. Your license key is emailed to you normally within 24 hours of purchase. PayPal and credit cards are accepted.
SetEdit is a professional program. EB

dr.zin
06-15-2012, 12:33 PM
you can't drag n drop from the active screen to inactive screen,just tried it again to verify.
You get the circle with the slash through it when you make the attempt.
I ran setedit and loaded a .udf with 83w removed.I ran another instance and loaded a list that had 83w and tried to drag n drop,no go.Unless I am using the wrong rev of the program.

Pixl
06-15-2012, 01:10 PM
EB,

I downloaded the demo version. I can not drag anything from one screen to the other. Is the demo version functional?

el bandido
06-15-2012, 01:16 PM
you can't drag n drop from the active screen to inactive screen,just tried it again to verify.
You are correct Doc, but we are not talking about doing that.

What we are wanting to do here is combine two ACTIVE satellite files, 1 that is ku and another that is c band into one file.
Both of our screens would be active because one screen would have the ku file on it and the other would have the c band file on it. Simply drag from one to the other to combine these two.

el bandido
06-15-2012, 01:18 PM
EB,

I downloaded the demo version. I can not drag anything from one screen to the other. Is the demo version functional?

You are allowed to make a few changes in the demo version. Nothing else. The demo version is really just for looking except for advanced features that can be done with a demo version.

dr.zin
06-15-2012, 05:16 PM
I can't make 2 active at once.
You are opening 2 different files with 2 different instances of setedit.
I am using winxp,not the modern windows versions.

el bandido
06-15-2012, 08:10 PM
I opened up a Windows XP computer and checked. There are no problems with XP and SetEdit that I can find.

Open your first instance of SetEdit. Select your channel file and load it.
Then click on New in SetEdit and select Comaq HD 100. This will open your second instance of SetEdit.
Next, open your second satellite file. You are now able to drag and drop between the two files.

Information on how to do this is in the instruction manual that I posted earlier. I found out how to do this by carefully reading the instructions. EB

Pixl
06-16-2012, 12:00 PM
EB,

I bought the registered version. Following your instructions and reading the PDF I have it working and have merged some of my sats successfully.

el bandido
06-16-2012, 12:31 PM
IMO, The PDF is hard to read because it is a translation from German to English.

SETEdit allows you to do some pretty neat things if you have more than one version of the software and if you have multiple receivers that are different brands.
For example, I can transfer information from The Optibox Raptor to the Amiko Alien without using any cables or usb sticks. Both receivers are on the same network, so it is as simple as setting up two instances of SETEdit and transferring the information using wireless connections. This saves me a lot of time considering the Amiko 8900 does not have blind scan capability. EB