PDA

View Full Version : WebTV

eastof111
06-13-2012, 01:08 AM
What's with all the promotions for WebTV on the Amiko? Is this something planned for the Optibox?

ViP3R
06-13-2012, 08:09 AM
I'm not sure if any webtv is planned or even needed with all the features and plugins available with the Optobox models. Pretty much anything can be streamed, So I don't see any problems if they wanted to add extra, extra features...lol

el bandido
06-13-2012, 08:11 AM
What is supposed to be the difference between web tv and internet tv? None I bet. EB

eastof111
06-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Can't figure out if they're referring to actual IPTV feeds from sats or internet streaming; plus they claim you have to be connected to their server to receive their programming. Totally confused as to what they are offering.

el bandido
06-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Let me guess. The channels that are available on the WebTV are not advertised.
I bet this WebTV thing is from the same site that installed a sat file in the Openbox receiver file and called it a "private firmware release". EB

eastof111
06-13-2012, 02:15 PM
That's the one. Even posting that they can receive VOD programming and software upgrades through their server. You will only be able to have access once you purchase their receiver with their NA firmware. Euro or Asian purchasers of these receivers will not have access to the server. Seems they're also working with a Euro affiliate to maintain the server and it's programming.

Good marketing.... does it work? Don't know.