PDA

View Full Version : FAC.Optibox.RAPTOR.v2.10.57

eastof111
06-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Installing the new FAC.Optibox.RAPTOR.v2.10.57 loads so much faster than the last Euro version.

It also seems to have a time calibration that pops up on lcd display on every boot. Didn't know we had a time calibration problem.

KFTL on 72 KU still takes a few minutes to lock in. Just an observation.

Not complaining; always happy to see a new firmware release.

el bandido
06-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Installation speed will depend on what all has been changed between the last version that is in the receiver and the version that is being loaded. If you had 10.52 already in the receiver, then 10.57 will not take long to load because there are not many changes in the two firmwares.

The time calibration is a good thing. The receiver is trying to make sure the time is set as accurately as possible, but it does not really help those that run the time in manual.
It would be nice if they would add an internet time option instead of depending on the transponders for the correct time.

The problem with KFTL on 72 West can be seen in firmware that is over a year old. I do not expect that problem to ever get fixed but it does not hurt to wish.

Overall, I enjoy the performance of the Raptor very much but it would be nice to see some things improved in our part of the world. EB

apsattv
06-16-2012, 04:23 AM
You can always adjust the time calibration per satellite in the satellite menu.

el bandido
06-16-2012, 10:58 AM
You can always adjust the time calibration per satellite in the satellite menu.

Where is the setting for this? I must be blind because I cannot find it.

apsattv
06-16-2012, 02:42 PM
In satellite search , Time Calibration options are Simple , OFF, Full

mengram
06-16-2012, 06:38 PM
I don't know about the other Raptor owners but I am not impressed with it. I loaded the new firmware and still have all the issues I had with the original firmware the receiver had when purchased new. The Raptor still hangs up when deleting encrypted Service 1,2,3, ect channels, the AMI Access Channel # 1 on 107.3 W and the NUVO channel on 105.0 W still causes the receiver to hang up.

mengram

apsattv
06-17-2012, 04:15 AM
Did you perform a a reset to factory defaults?

mengram
06-17-2012, 07:50 AM
I did the reset to factory default after I installed the new firmware and got stuck in PAL mode. It took about an hour to get out of that, had to reload the previous firmware version in order to see the menu settings. IMO, there should be a button on the remote to change between Pal and NTSC because you can't see the menu to change which mode it's in if you have a black screen. I also tried hooking it up to an older tv and all I could get then was a rolling screen (it rolled so fast I could not read the menu options).
I hope Optibox will get these issues worked out because I like the receiver having twin S2 tuners (no need for a switch which is one less headache).

mengram

ViP3R
06-17-2012, 08:04 AM
A few nice things to get out of Pal mode easy.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

chewie
06-17-2012, 09:07 AM
hello Gents
I tough the pal mode issue was resolved and also included the NA satellite list, or maybe I miss understood the EB review on this box.
Vip3R -I try the first link and it won't let me see it, i guess I do not have enough privileges.
Regards.
Chewie

ViP3R
06-17-2012, 09:36 AM
hello Gents
I tough the pal mode issue was resolved and also included the NA satellite list, or maybe I miss understood the EB review on this box.
Vip3R -I try the first link and it won't let me see it, i guess I do not have enough privileges.
Regards.
Chewie

Yes chewie the NA file does take care of that, if you load a new file your fine, but once a factory reset is done the box will go back to PAL, this is no problem to get back to NTSC now with the new plugins..

The first link is a special Raptor section for owners of the Raptor, so yes you will not see this.

mengram
06-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Thanks ViP3R the OSD screenshot program works fine.

mengram

ViP3R
06-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks ViP3R the OSD screenshot program works fine.

mengram

It is nice! Thank EB for finding it for us..... great tool!

mengram
06-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks elbandido for finding the OSD screenshot program, it works great.

mengram

el bandido
06-17-2012, 02:59 PM
In satellite search , Time Calibration options are Simple , OFF, Full
According to the manual, this setting only pertains to downloading the time table for a particular transponder. This setting is not much use to us in North America.

I don't know about the other Raptor owners but I am not impressed with it. I loaded the new firmware and still have all the issues I had with the original firmware the receiver had when purchased new. The Raptor still hangs up when deleting encrypted Service 1,2,3, ect channels, the AMI Access Channel # 1 on 107.3 W and the NUVO channel on 105.0 W still causes the receiver to hang up.

mengram
I do not get a signal for the transponder that contains the AMI Access Channel or the NUVO channels, so I do not have any information about these two channels. We need to get some sort fo information on these two channels and also see if the same problem is in the Anaconda on these two channels. Every bit of information about a problem helps identify it. Right now, about all I have is the Raptor hangs up on two channels that are on different satellites.
Upload your system fdu file (sys fdu) and let me look at it. Usually there is some detailed channel information in it.

Encrypted services 1,2,3 are hanging up where? What satellite and what transponder?
At one point. I had encrypted services hanging up on the PowerVU transponders that are on c band 121 West. I do not have this problem anymore so I assumed that it had been fixed for you also.
We have to supply some sort of information when we turn in these problems. There is not much of a chance of getting them fixed if we do not describe in detail what is happening.

Much has been written about how to get out of PAL. At this point in the game, I do not see PAL as much of an issue. There is a button on the remote that could be used to change from NTSC to PAL or Pal to NTSC but it is disabled. Having a remote button with this feature can cause problems because people push the button accidentally.

IMO, Everybody should store the system information in the receiver. This is easy to do and there is a menu to assist in doing this.
Getting out of Pal is real easy if you have system information stored in the receiver. All you have to do is in two easy steps.
(1) Press the down button on the remote, then press OK
(2) Press the left arrow button on the remote, then Press OK. Doing these two steps immediately after booting into PAL will reload your stored settings.

A couple more tips on getting out of PAL can be found in these two links:

wbarrett
06-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Well I loaded this 57 update and rolled back to 29.

For me the big thing right off the bat was: I found that the wireless network no longer worked for me. When I went to Weather I would get a process failed no matter how many times I tried to connect to my AP before access. Everytime I tried the CNN or You Tube it would lock the box up.

Rolled back to 29 and everything works again.

I definitely have no issue with the NUVO and AMI channels or deleting pay services when I accidently scan with ALL checked instead of FTA by the way.

===
Bill

wbarrett
06-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Couldn't stand the thought that I was not getting 57 to work so I tried again.

This time I took the wireless USB network transceiver out of the back USB port before loading the 57 ird file. This time I was able to get the wireless network to work just fine. So far so good.

You are right about one piece of advice, El Bandido.... I did need to step back from thinking how my AzBox was updated and managed compared to the Raptor!

===
Bill

mengram
06-18-2012, 08:48 PM
el bandido here is my system file 3538

mengram

el bandido
06-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Very Good!
I will look at it and see what it will tell me about those two channels.?'

What channels are hanging up when you try to delete them? What satellite and transponder are they on?

mengram
06-18-2012, 09:30 PM
I hope this helps you understand what is going on with my receiver.

Thanks,
mengram

wbarrett
06-19-2012, 05:15 AM
I only blind scan FTA ONLY so that explains why I do not see the bug you do. When I do make a mistake and scan ALL CHANNELS I have not had teh bad luck to have a SVC_x woitrh Powerview encryption it seems.

===
Bill

el bandido
06-19-2012, 07:07 AM
There are some open channels that will scan is as encrypted, so it is common for people to scan all channels and look at every one of them before deleting anything.

wbarrett
06-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Good tip... I assumed the $ sign meant never FTA

===
Bill

el bandido
06-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Most of the time but not always. Some channels with dollar signs will be unencrypted.

wbarrett
06-19-2012, 06:00 PM
So tried this tonight on the birds mentioned above with Powerview encryption. I had no problem deleting the encrypted channels or had lockups trying to do so.

Only thing I did note though was the encrypted channels are now marked with a € sign rather than a $ sign now that I put on the 57 update.

===
Bill

brr5
07-23-2012, 11:00 PM
How do you get out of PAL mode? Or reload the previous firmware without being able to see the screen? I just got the Raptor and upgraded it to .67 and now I can't see anything. The front panel asks me to choose a language and that's all. I did try using the remote V.format but to no avail.
Thanks,
Bob

I did the reset to factory default after I installed the new firmware and got stuck in PAL mode. It took about an hour to get out of that, had to reload the previous firmware version in order to see the menu settings. IMO, there should be a button on the remote to change between Pal and NTSC because you can't see the menu to change which mode it's in if you have a black screen. I also tried hooking it up to an older tv and all I could get then was a rolling screen (it rolled so fast I could not read the menu options).
I hope Optibox will get these issues worked out because I like the receiver having twin S2 tuners (no need for a switch which is one less headache).

mengram

el bandido
07-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Look in the Link: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Let me know if you cannot get out of PAL. EB