PDA

View Full Version : Triplex BlindScan

ViP3R
07-13-2012, 05:25 PM
This is a video I took today of the Golden Media Triplex doing a BlindScan on 97W KU.

This machine is blazing fast! though far from perfect it would satisfy any feed hunters even in this early stage.

The Alien2 is advertised as having a 450 MHz processor where as the Golden Media Triplex is advertised as having a 540 MHz processor.

As you can see in this video the Triplex does the scan of 97W in less than 2 minutes (1:55) to be exact, where as the Alien2 as posted on other sites takes over 3 minutes.. I would think it's very possible there just may be a difference in processor speeds unless we have some magic Triplex STB's here.

I also scanned in my entire C-Band arc today and scan times on the majority was 3 minutes.

Tuner 1 C-Band , Tuner 2 KU band. working just fine.

The cost of the Golden Media Triplex is well below the price of the A2..even with the 3rd tuner...Support is Spark (Fulan) and Golden Media will have the same updates at the exact same time as other Spark boxes.

You also have three different face plates for your machine with the Triplex, just another nice bonus..

Regardless, we will be posting more info on this box soon and many tips and tricks. Including recovery and adding satellite lists..

Much more to follow.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

And remember... Just say no to drugs..

eastof111
07-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Will Spark include the spectrum analyzer in their updates?

ViP3R
07-14-2012, 05:17 AM
Will Spark include the spectrum analyzer in their updates?

I don't see why not, they seem to like the eye candy..lol

ViP3R
07-14-2012, 05:32 AM
A few attached Pictures of the un-boxing. Shown are the two different face plates so you can change the look to suit your surroundings and the cool scrolling display..also pressing the F1 button on the remote gives you a nice little pop up on the top right of your screen to show the current weather and easy access to files. Of course you have to enter your city's first.

The thick manual covers the features in detail and is in English, French, German,Russian and Spanish.

eastof111
07-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Yes, it would be nice if they added an analyzer similar to Crazy Cat's, in conjunction with the already fast blind scan would certainly be a great feature.

ViP3R
07-16-2012, 01:40 PM
I should mention that Triplex did boot in Pal mode for me..However, the Vformat button actually works on this box and all you need to do is press the Vformat button to suit your TV settings.. everything is displayed on the cool front panel display to see....easy!

ViP3R
07-29-2012, 12:30 PM
The Golden Media Triplex doing a Blind Scan of 91W C-BAND. also a view of the cool Radio side.

My favorite Satellite for Radio programs not to mention the nice Reelz channel on the TV side.

With a 600Mhz clock speed and now the ability to dual boot with Enigma2 ( Plugins Galore) and a new an upgrade file expected this week to fix known bugs, this is turning into a kick ass box!

ViP3R
07-30-2012, 09:55 AM
The 600 MHz powered Golden Media Triplex Blind Scan of - Atlantic Bird 58.0

crnipauk
08-07-2012, 06:51 PM
whether there is support for 4:2:2 feeds?and how to recognize this format?

Sorry to my english

Thank you!

el bandido
08-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Welcome to Legit Crnipauk!
No, the TripleX does not support 4:2:2 video. You will have to look at other receivers if you need 4:2:2.
You may record 4:2:2 video and play it on your computer or other monitor using VLC player.

delfi
08-13-2012, 01:30 PM
In a way 422 support is a funny stuff (or sad) as there is HW in ST71xx family of SoCs that can do the job, but, seems that drivers are not up to the task.

08-13-2012, 01:45 PM
In a way 422 support is a funny stuff (or sad) as there is HW in ST71xx family of SoCs that can do the job, but, seems that drivers are not up to the task.

That's why I keep my azbox on c band as that's where most of the 4:2:2 feeds I scan in are on that band. CBS NFL feeds are always 4:2:2 on Galaxy 28 and Galaxy 19.
I do have to agree that blind scan speed on the Home Media Triplex is outstanding, especially my most commonly scanned sats from 72-105w.

delfi
08-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Yap this box is way quicker in blind scans than my Optibox Koala or anything else I've tried. Maybe we could try a group request towards Spark makers - Fulansoft for 422?

08-13-2012, 05:18 PM
4:2:2 would be nice on any box but especially on the Triplex which has such a fast blind scan.

delfi
08-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Pls add your support for the 422 req:

delfi
08-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Well, it's a pity that mods deleted/suspended my completely benevolent post for 422 support with a link to sw developers. I really can't see no harm in pushing the issue where feed hunters need to stand together:) One voice might not be enough to get a proper answer or, hopefully, solution.

08-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Well, it's a pity that mods deleted/suspended my completely benevolent post for 422 support with a link to sw developers. I really can't see no harm in pushing the issue where feed hunters need to stand together:) One voice might not be enough to get a proper answer or, hopefully, solution.

It was auto-modded probably because of the live link. I have also replied to your post at that site dromo.