PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Factory reset

chewie
07-16-2012, 09:39 AM
Hello Gents
I have a question regarding the System Recovery, is it the same thing as factory reset? If I do a System recovery, does it recover with the same software?
another thing, will it come back in Pal Mode, if it does, does the receiver give you a choice to save current settings after you press the system recovery or you have to save settings before you press system recovery.
Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie

chewie
07-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Hello Gents
Found some answers on the OP'S Manual, there is a few choices, I want to be able to delete all the channels, after the recovery I do not want to deal with Pal mode, also I want to
keep the N/A satellite list.
Listed on the OP'S Manual;
Reset Configuration data
Reset Service data
System restore to stored position
Store system data
Delete store position
which one will do the job right.
please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie.

el bandido
07-16-2012, 10:26 AM
None of the above unless you have the NTSC firmware installed from 3-29-2012.

Press the FAV button on the remote to access the satellite list and select "All Service"
Next, Open the Service List Manager in the receiver's main menu and. Highlight "Delet Services" under "Select Edit Mode" and press the OK button on the remote. Press the green remote button and follow the prompts to delete all channels.

Another way to delete all channels is to reload the sat file. Look in the link. It is a better sat file than what you have.

Backup what you have before deleting or loading anything. Do this so you will have a copy to restore if you do not like the new sat file. EB

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

chewie
07-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks EB
I believe I have this SW REV. installed on my receiver, I will check when I get home, thanks for the tips.
Regards.
Chewie

chewie
07-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Hello EB
I check the software rev. on my box, this is the information;
HS 2.10.29
API Mar 22, 2012
FDU v. 1.3

Regarding the New sat list, is there any way to edit this list and get rid of some sats, I can only hit sats form 61W TO 139W.
Do you upload this file using the procedure you Described as " upgrade without using receiver manus" or you have to use filezilla and send this list to a folder in the receiver.
please let me know.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
07-17-2012, 03:18 PM
All you do is unzip the fdu(sat) file, put it on a blank fat32 usb drive and insert the drive into the receiver.
The receiver will read the drive and ask you if you want to load the file.
You may also use FileZilla or some other program and load the file FTP, but i think the usb stick is easier.

I will try to delete the satellites as you requested in a little bit. EB

el bandido
07-17-2012, 07:03 PM
I do not see any way to delete satellites. I can add them but I cannot delete them.
You seem to have the NTSC firmware installed, so just do a factory default and you should be OK. It would be a good idea to back up what you have first. EB

chewie
07-26-2012, 08:09 AM
Thanks EB
I have one question, after uploading this new satellite file, you say to do a factory default, is this going to cause the receiver to boot-up on Pal mode?
Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Chewie

el bandido
07-26-2012, 08:19 AM
No reason to do a factory default. Point out where I wrote that and I will change it!

Doing a factory default will put you in PAL unless you are using the only NTSC boot firmware. I think that is the 10.29 firmware from March of this year.

chewie
07-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Thanks EB
This is the software in the receiver;
HS 2.10.29
API Mar 22, 2012
FDU v. 1.3

so it show boot-up in NTSC MODE, I want to do a factory default just in case there is something in there causing problems.
Thanks for the help.
Chewie

el bandido
07-26-2012, 02:53 PM
OK. Do a factory default. Even when it ends up in PAL, it is not the end of the world.

brr5
08-01-2012, 07:34 PM
I found this on another website - I loaded the NTSC firmware and I had instant access again. And then I upgraded the firmware to the newest version.
Bob

How to Escape From PAL Video Format

1. Format USB flash drive to fat32 and install the unzipped NTSC firmware file for your model of receiver onto the flash drive.
2. Insert USB drive into the receiver. Wait 15 seconds then press the red remote button, press the left arrow button, then press the OK button.

These steps will cause the firmware to load

chewie
08-01-2012, 09:21 PM
hello EB and brr5
I have the NTSC loaded on the receiver already, if I upgrade to the new firmware that just came out, is it going to come up on pal mode after the installation? if it does, why do I want to install the the NTSC back on the receiver, this is what I had to begin with.
installing this NTSC firmware again is going to cancel the the latest file I just upload it correct?
thanks for your comments.
Regards.
Chewie

brr5
08-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Chewie-
I have had it go both ways. When I upgraded to .42 it put me back in PAL mode and also only the EU sat list showed up. When I upgraded to .78 it restarted in NTSC mode with no problems.
So it's nice to know how to fix any problems that may arise.
So far it is a GREAT box that I am still getting used to - and someday maybe I will get the wireless to work. I ordered another USB dongle that has one of the listed chipsets as the one I have now has the chipset but the Raptor doesn't see it.
Bob

el bandido
08-02-2012, 09:39 AM
It will not come up in PAL mode unless you do a factory default OR unless there is a problem when the file is loaded.
These updates do not normally write to the var folder, so you should have nothing to worry about.

IF you do end up in PAL, there are several ways to get out of it. The web interface works in PAL so if you have that installed before you update, you can see the receiver's screens and menus on your computer.

chewie
08-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Thank you guys for your replay, I been looking for information on " how to " on this receiver and there is very little out there.
I want to make sure I have my bases cover.
I did upload the new sat file and like it better than the one I had.
Regarding the wireless, I had a wifi gamer adapter laying around is a D-LINK adapter, I connected to the ethernet port and it works very good.
Regarding this web interface, is this part of the raptor screen manu? is it a plugin? if it is where can I get it from.
Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Chewie

el bandido
08-02-2012, 04:20 PM
I have posted a bunch of "How To" information on this receiver. Let me know what you are trying to do and I will point you to it.
Also, look in the Anaconda section. Almost all of the normal "How To" information works on the Raptor. The E2 Anaconda information is different.