PDA

View Full Version : Powers Up and Stops at Menu

easily confused
08-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Just wondering if any you have heard of this issue, or know if it has occurred. I can power up the Anaconda and shows "load" and then "Run". When I press "Menu" it shows the word "Menu" on the front of the Anaconda receiver but nothing happens on the TV. Have you seen this or heard of this happening? Doesn't appear that the Anaconda is dead, but she might be wounded.

el bandido
08-11-2012, 11:48 AM
You need to try a different video port than what you are using. It sounds like the video port you are using is dead.

easily confused
08-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Are you talking about on the receiver? If so, how do you change port? This is happening on both TV's

el bandido
08-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Are you using HDMI? If so, look on the back of the Anaconda and use a different video connection. I am not sure of what the Anaconda has but I know there is more than one video source available.

easily confused
08-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Tried HDMI and tried RCA (3 colored wires) and no luck. menu will not show up on screen. here is one other connection but I need to try to find a wire to connect it to the TV.

el bandido
08-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Could the receiver be stuck in PAL? Loading the NTSC firmware should correct this.

ViP3R
08-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Could the receiver be stuck in PAL? Loading the NTSC firmware should correct this.

I would say that is the problem.

ViP3R
08-11-2012, 12:45 PM
I would say that is the problem.

The Anaconda has HDMI, Composite and scart. If you see the load-run-menu then the box is fine, it's in Pal mode. I'm lucky one of my smaller TV sets will display in pal as well, but as EB says the NA file will boot the box in NTSC, then you can load a channel list.

When the Anaconda is displaying Menu it's asking you to set up the menu such A/V settings ect, ect, but you can't see the menu as it is in PAL mode.

el bandido
08-11-2012, 03:01 PM
IF the Web interface plugin had been installed then you could see the receiver's screen through the interface. Having this plugin installed has saved me lots of problems.

easily confused
08-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Ok, this I will have to figure out. Having never loaded anything into this receiver, do I simply load the NTSC file into a flash drive and then plug into the Anaconda and power the Anaconda up? I have not loaded anything so I do not think the web interface has been loaded.

ViP3R
08-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Ok, this I will have to figure out. Having never loaded anything into this receiver, do I simply load the NTSC file into a flash drive and then plug into the Anaconda and power the Anaconda up? I have not loaded anything so I do not think the web interface has been loaded.

It's all here bro. Just follow the info.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

[Only registered and activated users can see links](1-Participant)

Lots of other goodies that this box can do as well in the Anaconda sections.. Good idea to load some things like the web interface in case of future problems..

el bandido
08-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Download the NTSC file.
Unzip the file and install it on a formatted fat 32 usb stick.
Turn the receiver OFF using the rear rocker switch. Insert the usb stick into the receiver.
Hold the front UP button and turn the receiver ON. Continue to hold the front up button until you see the file being loaded.

easily confused
08-11-2012, 06:49 PM
What does it mean if I get an Er.90 message?

el bandido
08-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Error 90 = USB Error

Have you tried the other usb port?
Did you unzip the file before loading it on the usb?
Is the file the correct one for the receiver?
Are you using a Kingston usb stick?
Was the usb stick formatted to fat32?

easily confused
08-11-2012, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=el bandido;37196]Error 90 = USB Error

Have you tried the other usb port? Nope, didn't try that
Did you unzip the file before loading it on the usb? Yes
Is the file the correct one for the receiver? Used the one in the link from Viper
Are you using a Kingston usb stick? No, don't have a Kingston and was wondering that may be the problem
Was the usb stick formatted to fat32? Yes and I am currently formatting it again for a second try. I guess if this doesn't work, I will have to wait until I can pick up a Kingston

ViP3R
08-11-2012, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=el bandido;37196]Error 90 = USB Error

Have you tried the other usb port? Nope, didn't try that
Did you unzip the file before loading it on the usb? Yes
Is the file the correct one for the receiver? Used the one in the link from Viper
Are you using a Kingston usb stick? No, don't have a Kingston and was wondering that may be the problem
Was the usb stick formatted to fat32? Yes and I am currently formatting it again for a second try. I guess if this doesn't work, I will have to wait until I can pick up a Kingston

These boxes really are fussy on USB sticks ec,,,a Kingston stick will do it.

el bandido
08-11-2012, 08:24 PM
When all else fails, Use the cable loader (Rs232)!

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

The file transfer will take 45 minutes to 1 hour through the RS232 port, but it does work! EB

easily confused
08-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Ok, got a Kinston stick, loaded the unzipped file, with the stb off I plugged in the stick, turned the stb on while holding the up button on. Front panel showed LD and counted up from 0 to 99, then FE and counted up, then FP, counted up then back to FE, then FP and finally the front panel flashed END. Tiried menu and still nothing so any suggestions as to what I may have done wrong?

el bandido
08-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Use the cable loader and see what happens.

easily confused
08-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Ok, just to clarify, a null modem cable has both ends with the same number of pins? The cable I have fits the RS232 connection and the other end is the same. Can't connect it to anything I have here. I do have an adapter but I would be connecting to the RS232 through a USB connection on the laptop and I don't think that will work.

easily confused
08-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Maybe a another connected issue of separate, but with the Anaconda connected to the TV, the TV has shut down twice. This has not happened before.

el bandido
08-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Most newer televisions automatically shut down when no video is present for a certain amount of time.
You can buy null RS232 cables at most electronics and computer stores. They are a bit harder to find than a few years ago. The file Will Not transfer unless the correct cable is used.
Your best bet on getting this receiver fixed might be returning it or sending it to Viper. You will have to decide what you want to do. EB

easily confused
08-14-2012, 08:43 PM
Most newer televisions automatically shut down when no video is present for a certain amount of time.
You can buy null RS232 cables at most electronics and computer stores. They are a bit harder to find than a few years ago. The file Will Not transfer unless the correct cable is used.
Your best bet on getting this receiver fixed might be returning it or sending it to Viper. You will have to decide what you want to do. EB

The TV shut down once with no picture but the second time the receiver was connected but we were watching TV. Asked about a Null modem cable at Staples when I bought the USB stick but the guy looked at me like I was talking Greek.

el bandido
08-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Go to Radio Shack. They should know what a null cable is.

ViP3R
08-15-2012, 12:46 AM
The TV shut down once with no picture but the second time the receiver was connected but we were watching TV. Asked about a Null modem cable at Staples when I bought the USB stick but the guy looked at me like I was talking Greek.

Ec, if you don't have any luck send it to me. I have one here I can ship back to you..I'll make sure it has the latest firmware and a NA sat list installed. just let me know.

easily confused
10-21-2012, 11:08 AM
Going to give another shot at trying to resuscitate the Anaconda and just wanted to verify that the Raptor RS232 Recovery Loader is also the one to use on the Anaconda?

el bandido
10-21-2012, 11:13 AM
Yes. The recovery loader for the Raptor will work for the Anaconda and Gekko.

easily confused
10-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Ok, no success but I have seen some strange things on the front and was wondering if anyone has seen this. Right now I am looking at what appears to be an "S" followed by an "E" missing the top line of the letter, followed by a lower case "r" and followed with a lower case "n" with a - above it. Pressing the "Menu" button shows 0003, pressing "OK" shows what I just described and pressing the "OK" button again displays something else. Any idea wht these things mean?

el bandido
10-21-2012, 04:26 PM
IMO, you have messed with it long enough. Send it back for repair. EB

easily confused
10-21-2012, 06:02 PM
LOL, Thanks EB, That is just about what I had decided after all of this.

10-22-2012, 12:01 PM
If you need a null modem cable, I'm sure I have a few lying around. Have to agree with the boys and ship it out for repair.

easily confused
10-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Thanks to Viper, we have this thing worked out and hopefully I will be up and running in a few days.

ViP3R
11-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Just a follow up EC, I got a chance to today to open up your return.

I did get it to load through RS232, Problem was it would only boot in 480i.

It looks to ,me like the HDMI port is shot as well as the Tuner and Ethernet port from what I tested.

So the conclusion is Lightning is not our friend..and you were wasting your time..but we got you fixed up with another box and that's the main thing.

Pretty much the same thing happened to me with Lightning and since then when I see it's coming or forcasted when I won't be home I disconnect the V-Box cables and unplug the power source from the STB.

I guess the same could be said for our our valuable household electronics when a storm is brewing.

easily confused
11-06-2012, 12:44 PM
When O rodered my new V-Box I also ordered two inline fuses that go in the cable so if I get hit the fuse will open and stop the current just in case something happens when I am not home. Are you actually saying that wasn't all my incompetence? Here I thought I just couldn't couldn't get simple instructions straight. I'm going to crack open one of the bottles of Glenfiddich and have a celebratory shot!

ViP3R
11-06-2012, 12:56 PM
When O rodered my new V-Box I also ordered two inline fuses that go in the cable so if I get hit the fuse will open and stop the current just in case something happens when I am not home. Are you actually saying that wasn't all my incompetence? Here I thought I just couldn't couldn't get simple instructions straight. I'm going to crack open one of the bottles of Glenfiddich and have a celebratory shot!

Yes, you can blame mother nature...lol

easily confused
11-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Great, I can put her on my blame list with Father Time.:confused:

ViP3R
11-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Great, I can put her on my blame list with Father Time.:confused:

Oh,, don't even get me started about that old Bastard!! :rofl: