PDA

View Full Version : FAC.Optibox.RAPTOR.v2.10.86 - Discussion

ViP3R
08-20-2012, 11:06 AM
Discuss this Topic here.

ViP3R
08-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Just loaded the new file with no issues, checking things out now.

eastof111
08-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Any ideas on where do we find the ip address for the software upgrade server?

Just for the heck of it, type in RAPTOR instead of ip address, said it was downloading, then it freezes and had to reboot.

eastof111
08-20-2012, 05:20 PM
The KFTL on 72 ku pops in perfectly. No waiting three or more minutes like in the past firmwares.

ViP3R
08-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Any ideas on where do we find the ip address for the software upgrade server?

Just for the heck of it, type in RAPTOR instead of ip address, said it was downloading, then it freezes and had to reboot.

We will try and find that out....would be handy to have, lol

chewie
08-20-2012, 07:36 PM
hello Vip3R
Can you please give us the steps you use to upload this software to the raptor, after you install the software does it come up in pal mode?
please let us know.
Thanks in advance.
Chewie

ViP3R
08-20-2012, 07:47 PM
hello Vip3R
Can you please give us the steps you use to upload this software to the raptor, after you install the software does it come up in pal mode?
please let us know.
Thanks in advance.
Chewie

Hi Chewie,

Loading the new file should not change any settings like PAL/NTSC. though it's always a good idea to save your setting to the system just in case.
Main menu-System Recovery -click store system data.

Other than that just download and unzip or rar the file. and transfer to a clean formatted Kingston fat 32 drive..pop it in the Raptor and it will ask if you would like to download it. press the red button and wait till the Raptor reboots..

Your done. pretty much it.

brr5
08-21-2012, 07:35 AM
I upgraded and finally my Raptor sees the USB wireless that I plugged in. Before I could only use the Ethernet port on the back to connected to an access point to gain access to my wireless system. Even though it is the same wireless USB that EB uses the Raptor would not see it in the Network settings until this upgrade. No issues that I can find with this upgrade.

chewie
08-21-2012, 08:17 AM
Hello Vip
Thanks for the instructions, they are a lot better than the ones that came with this SW, updated last night, eveything so far is good.
I did noticed after the upgrade when the box re-booted the screen was blinking really fast the display turn green color just for a second.
I started to change the channels, the blinking was not as often, re-boot the box using the off/on switch and it looks like the problem is gone.
Love my Raptor.
thanks again.
Regards.
Chewie

mengram
08-21-2012, 09:10 PM
The KFTL on 72 ku pops in perfectly. No waiting three or more minutes like in the past firmwares.

I must have got a bad Raptor because KFTL is still not coming in like it should, still having to wait for it to pop in.

mengram

eastof111
08-21-2012, 11:32 PM
I don't think so Mengram, next morning I had the same problem tuning in KFTL.

Yep, my bad, should have indicated earlier that I tuned in the NBC mux first, then went to KFTL, took a while, then went to InternetTV+ tuned in a feed, exited while still on KFTL and it popped in right away. Went back to NBC, back to KFTL, same problem. Went back to InternetTV+ menu, did NOT tune in a feed, just exited the menu, and KFTL pops in right away. Weird, but it does work that way, for me anyway. Otherwise, you still have to wait a couple of minutes for it to pop in.