PDA

View Full Version : Discussions on using EZM editor

Gary Bidwell
11-24-2012, 06:24 AM
:point:Like to hear what you think about the EZM Editor and what experience with the editor you have had.

Gary

cpr43
11-24-2012, 06:57 AM
Gary,
I connected my box with the null cable and was able to download something from my X2. I did notice there are many features you can use such as changing the background picture etc etc. But to tell you the true this is way out of my knowledge. The program is way hard to work compare with actuals channel editors. After an hour or so i got tire and disconnected my box from the computer. I wasnt able to do anything at all. I'm looking forward to see if there is any way I can rename channels and add any flag so when I run a Blindscanning again it doesnt erase the rename name and bring back to PR-1, PR-2 (Ch-1, Ch-2). Also, we will need to find the way to add hidden channels entering the pids manually with the editor

Gary Bidwell
11-24-2012, 01:58 PM
The editor EZM will download the
Database
Loader
1st App
Private Data
Share bank Data
Whole STB Flash will not download to file.
You can edit the Share Bank, but I have found that if you edit the wrong thing it will not load. And sometimes it will requirer a factory reset.
I have been able to load the 1st app and loader and mixed from other ver. and it worked ok.
There is a manual for EZN in the install directory. I have been playing with it for 3 months and still have problems with it.
Has any one else had any good luck with it.

Gary

cpr43
11-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Once we found the way to use it , we can probably write a much easy to understand procedure. What was your main goal when you try to edit the database?? What do you want to accomplish??

Gary Bidwell
11-25-2012, 07:22 AM
I was setting up NA satellites as default and changing the favorites, also setting resend to 2 in the connections so the motor and switch would work.