PDA

View Full Version : E2 and cooling Raptor

eastof111
11-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Most likely some may have already done this, but I thought I would save some testers time if they are contemplating overclocking and cooling the Raptor with E2.

I use the laptop cooler #8425 from Monoprice ($12.00+) that has a very quiet fan along with four usb slots. It works well when using E2 and overclocking the box to 500. Absolutely no problems to date. Have used it at 600 for a week recently, with no problems and no need to remove the cover.

DISCLAIMER - Overclocking - do so at your own risk.

rrob311
01-27-2015, 01:10 PM
When you overclock these do you have to manually change settings on the board like a PC or is it all done with software?

eastof111
01-27-2015, 02:26 PM
When using Enigma2, it is selected in the image. But not all images have this selection.

Sublime
01-28-2015, 12:00 PM
When you overclock these do you have to manually change settings on the board like a PC or is it all done with software?Both PKT and HDMU can do this via software. PKT also has a setting where only the boot sequence is overclocked, leaving normal operation at normal speed. I haven't seen any speed improvement with overclocking except when booting and there was a post at the HDMU forum that basically stated this.

eastof111
01-28-2015, 02:36 PM
I don't remember how far past 600 I tested, but it did improve the boot cycle after making changes and a reboot was required.

Would be nice to see this feature added to other E2 images just to see if it cuts down the backup and reload time of settings.