PDA

View Full Version : Help solving problem with firmware

Gary Bidwell
11-26-2012, 06:32 AM
i am working with X2 tech to solve the problem with channels not coming up or moving to satellite, I am asking your help.

Dear Sir,

I appreciate your cooperate with us, Can you please give us some details about exactly problem and hardware you have:

You have how many satellite installed ?
Do you use Only C-Band or Ku-Band together ?
How many motor you have connect and DiSEq?

Also please explain from which satellite to which one you face like this problem (From DiSEq Swith to motor or what ?)

Hope to get your reply soon

----------
Best Regards
Ma Wang
X Square Technology
Shenzhen-China
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Please email to

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

ViP3R
11-26-2012, 11:10 AM
Very nice of them to respond..I'm sure the X2 guy's here will have some input..You might want to wait until everyone has a detailed list together and confirm issues are the same for all before responding so you have everything covered..Then compose the list in detail as clear as possible...In our experience the language barrier and understanding just what you are trying to solve can be a challenge.

cpr43
11-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Gary
Good Job!!!
You will get the best response from rrob which runs motor and diseqc together. All my dishes are fixed so no problem so far. There are 2 features that I 'll like to mention

-Addition of Channels Manual pids entering inside the software so we can add them using the remote control.
-They need to come up with a much friendly user CHANNEL EDITOR. The EZM is a very complicated program to use. A much ligther editor similar to the Ali will be great. Still I cant find a way to keep channels with the name once I rename them. When you run a blindscan it will erase everything and will brought back the Ch-1, Ch-2 (PR1, PR2) channel name. On my Openboxes I change the SID to cero (0) with the editor and it keeps the rename eventhough it add the channel as Ch-1, Ch-2 at the end of the list when blindscanning.

Gary Bidwell
11-26-2012, 01:39 PM
I agree on the blind scan wiping them out. I emailed them a month ago about easyer editor program. They said that all they have for now. Hopefully that will change.

Gary Bidwell
11-29-2012, 06:57 AM
The tech told me that they would have a new firmware loader out in 7 days, I don't know if it will be a editor or not.

cpr43
11-29-2012, 07:16 AM
The tech told me that they would have a new firmware loader out in 7 days, I don't know if it will be a editor or not.

Good News!!!
I also mentioned them to look to add NETFLIX along with YOUTUBE and WEATHER in the Network/Multimedia section. I hope they take a look in the future, Thanks

p.d.
Whenever you get a chance please ask if the Time (clock) can be converted to 12 hours instead of Military 24 hours. Thks

:thumbup:

Gary Bidwell
11-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Ok I will ask about clock and NETFLIX

el bandido
11-29-2012, 11:08 AM
You may invite the X2 people to come here and post. That might make it easier on everybody. EB

cpr43
11-29-2012, 01:38 PM
You may invite the X2 people to come here and post. That might make it easier on everybody. EB

Sounds Great!!

Gary Bidwell
11-29-2012, 04:04 PM
I have done that about 2 weeks ago .

rrob311
12-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Well I just heard from X2 and they claim to have completely fixed the motor control in the latest firmware that they are working on. They say it should be released in a few days.

Gary Bidwell
12-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi ,
File is out on there web it works good for me on motor, will check out the recording tonight.

Gary