PDA

View Full Version : 2.11.16 Discussion

mountaineer
11-28-2012, 11:23 AM
I tried this firmware last night and it did seem to Blind scan faster. I used the blind scan option of manual and set it to 10750-12200 which i believe is the width of the scan needed...and it scanned 101 ku in about 10 mins. It doesn't appear to be faster at times, but then it will just jump to the end and start scanning channels. I guess it times and % for a full scan and then when it gets to the part not needed it just jumps through it.

I don't like the colors...red. But least of concerns.
Biggest want/need of new firmware ...atleast for me....is streaming to computer. This may involve an app or a true web interface like e2. If any of you guys are in contact with the manufacturers or coders ...please mention this if you don't mind. That little improvement will make it one of the best boxes for price in NA...period. Atleast in my humble opinion.
Not sure why there isn't more crossover of abilities between E2 and fortis firmware. Both have linux and similar structure. I contacted Optibox about source code like they said to in their text releases ...two months no info. Anyone else tried?

ViP3R
11-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Thanks, I know EC has the Anaconda..have you tried this file yet EC to see if blindscan speed is improved for you? maybe you guy's can compare notes.

I don't recall doing a scan that was 10 minutes,, most of my Blind Scans were about 30 minutes, though that was on C-Band.

mountaineer
11-29-2012, 06:13 PM
I scanned SES 2 KU in 10:36. I then scanned G28 KU in 11:45. That is from start to complete finish and watching channels. Again that is setting it to manual 10750-12200. Scanned in everything.

el bandido
11-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Did it find the 11802H 1249 tp and channel on SES2 ku???

mountaineer
11-29-2012, 07:29 PM
No....but I hate that one anyway...SF religious that screws up all the time I think. I can't get any signal on it all manual or otherwise.

el bandido
11-29-2012, 07:54 PM
No. That is a pbs feed. Try to manually enter that info and see if the receiver works on that tp.
I do not think the receiver is finding any transponders below 2000 SR.

SatelliteGuy
11-29-2012, 08:09 PM
I tried this firmware last night and it did seem to Blind scan faster. I used the blind scan option of manual and set it to 10750-12200 which i believe is the width of the scan needed...and it scanned 101 ku in about 10 mins.

I should have mentioned this a few weeks ago, but I have noticed 10-12 minute blind scans using firmware version 2.11.07. However, the improvement was only seen when scanning KU or C (I forget which one). Since I still have 2.11.07 installed I'll perform some testing this weekend and post the results. I'll then upgrade to 2.11.16 to see if my results differ.

I don't like the colors...red. But least of concerns.

This concerns me, because one of the things I love about the Optibox receivers is the choice of colors and GUI design. Could someone please post an image of the new color design?

Species
11-30-2012, 04:15 AM

ViP3R
11-30-2012, 01:41 PM
I should have mentioned this a few weeks ago, but I have noticed 10-12 minute blind scans using firmware version 2.11.07. However, the improvement was only seen when scanning KU or C (I forget which one). Since I still have 2.11.07 installed I'll perform some testing this weekend and post the results. I'll then upgrade to 2.11.16 to see if my results differ.

This concerns me, because one of the things I love about the Optibox receivers is the choice of colors and GUI design. Could someone please post an image of the new color design?

The GUI is much the same..I don't see any Red..Load it and see..you can always go back easy enough if you don't like it.

mountaineer
12-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Has optibox ended firmware updates for Anaconda? I thought I read where one of you posted that. If so are all updates now going to be from Octagon and modified for optibox? if so who does Mods? Does Ice crypt make firmware that will run on anaconda? i don't think they do but just wanted to be sure.

last but not least...if there is no more optibox support/firmware .... then which "box type" should I modify the anaconda to? Thanks and all info and comments are appreciated!!!!!

ViP3R
12-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Has optibox ended firmware updates for Anaconda? I thought I read where one of you posted that. If so are all updates now going to be from Octagon and modified for optibox? if so who does Mods? Does Ice crypt make firmware that will run on anaconda? i don't think they do but just wanted to be sure.

last but not least...if there is no more optibox support/firmware .... then which "box type" should I modify the anaconda to? Thanks and all info and comments are appreciated!!!!!

It remains to be seen if optibox has ended, the last files posted here are converted Atemio files that you do not have to change the ID for the box, they just load up.
The list of the files that can be loaded can be found here with the flasher>>>> [Only registered and activated users can see links]

mountaineer
12-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Atemio is not in that list. Who does the conversions? Which model of Atemio is the anaconda? Thanks again VIPER!!!!

ViP3R
12-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Atemio does the conversion they are the same as Atevio I believe..German group..To be honest I can't recall the model for the Anaconda at the moment.

EB is on top of that more than myself, Just keep in mind you do not have to change the box ID, it's done for you.

eastof111
12-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Check their site and see what's available.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Other Anaconda name brands.

Species
12-10-2012, 03:58 AM
Here is a complete list and the answer for the above question

[Only registered and activated users can see links]_HX-8200_HD_PVR

delboy
12-18-2012, 07:15 AM

Wondering the same questions :D

Species
12-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Hi mountaineer..There will be no new SW for "Optibox" brand name (Fortis boxes) from now on. The EU distributor has ended his partnership with Fortis ( optibox supplier).
This is not a problem though because we can convert the SW from the other Fortis boxes and loa them on "Optibox". All are based on the same HW and SW.
I will shortly upload the new 2.11.30 for Gekko, Anaconda, Raptor. :) No need to change the reseller ID.

mountaineer
12-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Thank you species, for the info about optibox. That is a shame.

I appreciate your help with the new software. Who is doing the conversions? Is it you? I'm very appreciative. Are you a coder or etc.? I'm so grateful for your help ...but would just like more info on how this is all going to continue, and who is doing it...

Really the only short coming I see in these boxes is streaming to computer, it is available on E2 but not in normal firmware. I like the normal firmware better because of the internet tv and less bugs. But if only it had streaming or a good web interface.
thank you for the info and your time and work Species...it is noticed and appreciated!!!!!!!

Foco
12-19-2012, 04:05 PM
In my reciever is software version 2.11.30., but freeTV is not working.. Where I can download FreeTV v 1.05 ?

eastof111
12-19-2012, 06:05 PM
I am still on 2.11.16. Looks like it's not working. If it's not working on 2.11.30, the coders have to fix it in the firmware.

chewie
12-19-2012, 07:28 PM
hello Foco
I loaded 2.11.30 last night and FreeTV is working fine on my Raptor.
Regards.
Chewie

eastof111
12-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Good to know.

SatelliteGuy
12-24-2012, 08:59 AM
Loaded 2.11.30 this morning. So far not too bad.

delboy
12-27-2012, 06:17 AM
Here is a complete list and the answer for the above question

[Only registered and activated users can see links]_HX-8200_HD_PVR

this link has been empty in last few days for some reason. it was great table, I didn't save it on time, and now is gone... anyone? is there a new link available?

Sublime
12-29-2012, 06:51 AM
this link has been empty in last few days for some reason. it was great table, I didn't save it on time, and now is gone... anyone? is there a new link available?When on that page, click on the tab that says "versionen/autoren" and then click on the previous date on the list before the December 19th update. Then make sure you print that page to a PDF file! :D

delboy
01-10-2013, 07:11 AM
On the official Optibox site they've published a firmware update version FAC.Optibox.AnacondaHD.v2.11.18.rar [Only registered and activated users can see links] ???

I'm a bit confused, as it was discussed here that Optibox is discontinued and taken over by Octagon (or something like that. please correct me :). So what is the latest or at least the best working firmware version?

thanks

el bandido
01-10-2013, 07:26 AM
Karmacom controlled the Optibox line of receivers and they have discontinued this particular line of receivers.

Optibox is made by a company named Fortis.
You can run any firmware on an Optibox that is designed for other Fortis receivers such as Octagon. The tools are available on this site to do this.

Somebody is making firmware changes so you do not need any tools to run some firmwares on the Optibox. EB

delboy
01-10-2013, 07:36 AM
thanks. will dig into this :D