PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have a AZ miniMe Figured Out Yet?

Pixl
12-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Ok, here I go again. I took delivery on a miniMe two weeks ago. After reading how poor the blind scan is, I was discouraged to even take it out of the box. Well today I did and have been screwing around with it for 3 hours and haven't seen one channel yet. Hmmnn.. the setup is difficult on this box and I'm sure I have several settings wrong.

Here are some screen shots of the setup menus.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

eastof111
12-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Any pictures yet?

Pixl
12-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Any pictures yet?

I edited them into my first post at the same time you were posting

eastof111
12-15-2012, 03:37 PM
Really nice graphics. The tuner setup looks a lot like the Engima2 setup.

Pixl
12-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Here are some N.A. setup instructions that might explain some stuff.

eastof111
12-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the pdfs. The LNB switch offset info helped me. I was having some problems using E2 where they call it switch threshold instead of offset..

kodaz
12-15-2012, 07:36 PM
i didnt see the bandstacked settings in there yet, i hear they are coming. But, with all those user programmable lnb settins, is it possible to use it with bandstacked also?
thanks

el bandido
12-15-2012, 07:47 PM
It would be better if they had some dedicated settings for bandstacked lnbs, but I have similar settings on a couple of receivers. Adjustable low and high settings for the lnb have allowed me to run a cband bandstacked Eagle Aspen, but I still had some problems with duplicate transponders & channels.
I wish there was more support for bandstacked equipment because IMO, it is much better technology than the legacy stuff. At least with receivers like these, we can get by with bandstacked lnbs. EB

Pixl
12-15-2012, 09:32 PM
The MicroHD is is probably the best receiver for band stacked setup.

kodaz
12-16-2012, 06:08 AM
I am not happy with the micro's failure to keep 18 volts on both V and H Bandstacked settings. as of 12/16/12 cause someday i hope that can be fixed.

My openbox s9 does a far better job with c-band stacked .

I expand the scan settings,(micro) but in my opinion , that levels the playing field with all the rest that can do that.
This creates a tremendous problem. It is difficult to troubleshoot a problem when trying to operate within the confines of a known problem that can influence all the rest of the problems.
for this reason, i have been studying the new boxes and asking a lot of seemingly dopy questions on them.
My apologies for that.
I have my eye on that new AZbox. We will see what happens as pwsurge(?) said he was going to work on the bandstacked issue.

Pixl
12-16-2012, 07:47 AM
I would think this receiver could easily do band-stacked. Just put in your lowest and highest freq. and set the scan for one polarity only.

Pixl
12-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Today I got it to scan in 4 channels off my fixed dish 103Ku. This was done by letting it scan the existing TPs pre-programed in the sat list. Manual key in of a TP also works, blind scan still not working for me. Also can not get it to work with my C band dish. It send out a motor command, dish move to correct position, but no signal. Can someone with a ASS box take a look at my C band setup for 105w posted earlier in this thread, see if it looks the same as other versions of the AZbox.

el bandido
12-16-2012, 11:35 AM
have you tried runnung straight to the c band dish without using any switches?

Pixl
12-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Yes, still didn't work. I'm only running one switch in my system now, a diesqc 1.1 8 port, and the switching must be working because the AZ found my fixed 103Ku dish on port 4.
My latest test was to use a splitter with the Raptor in command. I tuned in 89C where there are CBS 4:2:2 feeds. The Raptor gets the sound from the NFL game, but just a gray screen, plenty of signal. The AZ gets signal, but no channels will scan in manually or blind scan.

el bandido
12-16-2012, 01:28 PM
I would expect you to get channels during a blind scan, even if the l.o. frequencies were wrong. You have the l.o.entered according to the instructions....

What firmware is in the receiver? Maybe the firmware needs an update???

Pixl
12-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Ver 1.0 Kernel 3.5.5

The only ver available at this time

Pixl
12-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Now it locked up after I tried to do a full manual key in of a TP including pids.
This baby is not for me. I think I'm going to put it up for sale and move on.

el bandido
12-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Send it back to the seller. Maybe you have a defective receiver?

Pixl
12-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Yea, probably nothing defective except me. I just don't have the patience to struggle thru each little nuance. Maybe it would be a better fit for one of you E2 guys.

pwrsurge
02-05-2013, 04:48 PM
It would be better if they had some dedicated settings for bandstacked lnbs, but I have similar settings on a couple of receivers. Adjustable low and high settings for the lnb have allowed me to run a cband bandstacked Eagle Aspen, but I still had some problems with duplicate transponders & channels.
I wish there was more support for bandstacked equipment because IMO, it is much better technology than the legacy stuff. At least with receivers like these, we can get by with bandstacked lnbs. EB

We are working on adding support for bandstacked LNBF's in a future firmware update.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

pwrsurge
02-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Yes, still didn't work. I'm only running one switch in my system now, a diesqc 1.1 8 port, and the switching must be working because the AZ found my fixed 103Ku dish on port 4.
My latest test was to use a splitter with the Raptor in command. I tuned in 89C where there are CBS 4:2:2 feeds. The Raptor gets the sound from the NFL game, but just a gray screen, plenty of signal. The AZ gets signal, but no channels will scan in manually or blind scan.

In the screenshot you posted, it shows that you selected port 8 for an uncommitted DiSEqC switch but no port for committed DiSEqC switch so I don't think this is a valid configuration. The only time you would select an uncommitted switch port would be if you have a committed switch in front of it so you would also need to select a port for your committed DiSEqC switch as well. This is used if you want to cascade two DiSEqC switches in order to increase the amount of available ports. With this setup, you would place a committed DiSEqC switch first in line (DiSEqC pulse comes from the receiver so first would be closest to the receiver), then you can hookup an uncommitted switch to the committed switch and the committed switch will ignore the uncommitted switches commands. All regular DiSEqC switches are of the committed type if not specified but only certain specific DiSEqC switches are of the uncommitted type.

If you only had a single 8 port DiSEqC switch then you should have selected DiSEqC 1.1 instead of Advanced for "DiSEqC switch type" which would have only allowed your switch port to be specified in the DiSEqC input field on top and the committed and uncommitted options would have been disabled.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

P.S. Based on user feedback, we already simplified the Antenna setup a bit in current firmware versions so it should be more intuitive to configure.