PDA

View Full Version : Raptor won't play certain YouTube Videos (Restricted?)

Pixl
12-20-2012, 10:39 AM
Is there a "naughty filter" in the YouTube player? I did a search for Je T'aime,...Moi Non Plus YouTube comes back with several pages of this song, but puts up a "can not play this video" with a red X on every selection. These will all play fine on my computer. Now this is a very sexy song in French from 1969 and was banned from air play in Europe, but hey why would the Raptor care 43 years later?
This song is currently featured in a Miss Dior perfume commercial.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

ViP3R
12-20-2012, 10:56 AM
YouTube has made changes again to prevent viewing on FTA boxes, All I would think..So a new file to fix the issue will be needed.

Pixl
12-20-2012, 10:58 AM
YouTube has made changes again to prevent viewing on FTA boxes, All I would think..So a new file to fix the issue will be needed.

I play stuff all the time on the Raptor from YouTube, this is the first block I've seen. Is it selective?

ViP3R
12-20-2012, 12:06 PM
I play stuff all the time on the Raptor from YouTube, this is the first block I've seen. Is it selective?

I have seen selective blocks on my Western Digital media player, but with FTA boxes it usually works on all or none at all.

krexim
12-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Hi,

When I tried to play youtube videos hard enough, e.g. at least 5 or 6 times (mostly from the history) I was always able to start all of them. So I think if I must use my Raptor to watch youtube videos, this can be a solution, although not so easy. :)

K.

el bandido
01-15-2013, 01:24 PM
YouTube and the weather forecaster has been fixed in the 2.11.34 firmwares. EB

Pixl
01-15-2013, 03:26 PM
YouTube and the weather forecaster has been fixed in the 2.11.34 firmwares. EB

Not completely fixed.
I've installed Xcruiser 2.11.34 firmware, several of the you tube still will not play, say about 1 in four I get red X. It is better than the stock Raptor file, but not back to where we were.

el bandido
01-15-2013, 03:30 PM
Post a couple that are giving problems so we can look at them.

krexim
01-16-2013, 06:36 AM
That is interesting. I tried around 20 random video (including full HD also) to play yesterday, and all played successfully.
I found only one important issue with it, so I was able to forward/backward during play max. twice, after the third attempt, my Raptor usually freezed completely and only the main power switch helped.

Pixl
01-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Post a couple that are giving problems so we can look at them.

Type in to the You Tube search window "je taime". Six of the first ten returns will X out on you.The ones that do play are somewhat not related to the search.

Second try typing in "Bailamos" a great song by Enrique Iglesias, the first seven cuts (the best ones) will X.

Also try "Lotta Love" by Nicolette Larson. All of the Nicolette performances get a X. The same song by other artists will play.

Sublime
01-17-2013, 04:31 AM
Also try "Lotta Love" by Nicolette Larson. All of the Nicolette performances get a X. The same song by other artists will play.Don't know about the factory firmware, but they all work fine with the My Tube Player in Enigma 2...

Pixl
01-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Does your E2 have blind scan as well as the rest of the factory features?

el bandido
01-17-2013, 09:37 AM
E2 does not have blind scan. that is about the only feature it is missing.

Pixl
01-17-2013, 11:14 AM
E2 does not have blind scan. that is about the only feature it is missing.

EB,

Too bad, for me blind scan is at the top of the list of features I use every day.

el bandido
01-17-2013, 11:49 AM
It takes about 2 minutes to switch between the two operating systems once you have everything set up.

ViP3R
01-17-2013, 11:55 AM
I would think it's just a matter of time before Blindscan is enabled for E2.

eastof111
01-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Very true, when the coders run out of eye candy to play with, they may start on the blind scan coding. So far one of the best things they have added to compensate for using an external os was to incorporate the overclock and swap file function. But, every update they issue seems to be getting more stable so I can't complain. It's been GOOD and FUN testing.

Sublime
01-18-2013, 07:39 AM
I would think it's just a matter of time before Blindscan is enabled for E2.
That would make things more convenient. I'd settle for Polaredit being able to convert fdu channel lists to E2 lamedb files.

FWIW, I tried those Nicolette Larson videos on the latest Openbox firmware and none would play, as Pixl said.