PDA

View Full Version : You Tube

Pixl
12-27-2012, 08:54 AM
You Tube has been blocked from playing on my Raptor for a few weeks. I've read that the Amiko receivers were knocked off too. But some like the X2 are still working. Whats going on? Anything we can do to fix this?

ViP3R
12-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Last few times it happened it took a few weeks for a new file to fix it, Not much you can do but wait for a new file.
If the X2 is still working then that's pretty cool as usually if one box is down they all are.

Pangie
12-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Yeah what he said...lol

eastof111
12-27-2012, 08:11 PM
Hey Pixl, per SatGuys, you're not supposed to be watching Youtube on a sat receiver anyway.... LOL

rrob311
12-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Just checked x2 and its working. Triplex is not working for some reason.

cpr43
12-27-2012, 10:16 PM
X2 working fine overhere!

Pixl
12-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Hey Pixl, per SatGuys, you're not supposed to be watching Youtube on a sat receiver anyway.... LOL

Yea, I read that. It is the current attitude over there because their precious Micro HD doesn't have lan connectivity. But ever since "Hogan's Heroes" was taken off MEtv I get bored some days. Most of what you need for a media player is already built into a FTA box, so why not use it.

Sublime
12-29-2012, 06:28 AM
I've noticed that some things play and some don't on my Raptor. It used to be that all played.

Pixl
12-29-2012, 09:22 AM
I've noticed that some things play and some don't on my Raptor. It used to be that all played.

Yes, I find like one out of every dozen or so will still play on the Raptor. But none of the ones I want to see.

ViP3R
12-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Yea, I read that. It is the current attitude over there because their precious Micro HD doesn't have lan connectivity. But ever since "Hogan's Heroes" was taken off MEtv I get bored some days. Most of what you need for a media player is already built into a FTA box, so why not use it.

Ahh Hogans Heroes...lol that is one of my all time favorite shows.

What makes it even more special is one of my dogs the Akbash will howl like a wolf on the opening music..He never does this with any show at all.
Even more bizarre is he will not do it with the early black and white episodes with slightly different intro music..:omfg:

eastof111
12-29-2012, 01:14 PM
In the new schedule they still have Hogan's on Sat and Sun at 6pm Eastern, but it was better when they had it every afternoon.

Sublime
12-31-2012, 06:42 PM
I just noticed that the first time I try to play something, it cannot be played. Second time I try, it plays.

Pixl
01-01-2013, 10:47 AM
In the new schedule they still have Hogan's on Sat and Sun at 6pm Eastern, but it was better when they had it every afternoon.

Ahh.. some is better than none.

Pixl
02-15-2013, 11:01 AM
Seems that it may just be the videos that have advertising attached to them that are blocked. Must be that if your device won't play the ads, they won't play the vid for you.
The Amiko receivers lost YouTube the same time the Raptors went down last December. Amiko released a fix for this over a month ago. Sure would be nice to see this fixed for the Raptor too.