PDA

View Full Version : Openbox S10 goes to - - after booting

Gary Bidwell
01-02-2013, 05:11 PM
:bigcry: My OpenBox S10 just went to - - after loading my channel abs file . I have no video nothing on screen of tv just - - on receiver. I have used loader to reload firmware 50 times with no change. Any body know whats wrong. Help

TunaDude
01-02-2013, 05:30 PM
you got a 232 cord? null cord from the lines you see my guess is your gonna have to re write back say your hds2dump back to the box with the eprom loader the one I use I cant find here its says az box loader 1.0 but this one form this site should work you need to have the box flipped off in the back open the loader use you hds2 dump and when it ready to go you hit start then flip the switch in the back of the box and just wait it looks like its not doing anything but give it time half way through it asks you to write the hd dump to the box and you do and when its done your box should be fixed well back! this link is from this tool good luck I have fixed my open box many times this way since I have tired to do many things with different firmwares good luck your box will be back if it don't work the first time try again its all im timing and flip the switch on the back ..

[url][Only registered and activated users can see links][/url never mind on this one I just looked at it I you need a eprom write az 101 my other computer has it on it I will still look around

cpr43
01-02-2013, 05:57 PM
I may suggest you to unplug the box, let it rest for a day or two and them try again to load a file. Just in case load an old working file which doesnt have a clone kill, you never know. Usually take time to erase the brick bug from the memory.

TunaDude
01-02-2013, 06:07 PM
unplugging the box? nope he needs to re write back a firmware those lines mean something didn't go right when he added his tp prg list its happened to me nothing to di with a clone kill the program I use was called loader S900 its a eprom writer but if you want to unplug it for a day to try its still gonna be ---- in 24 hours 48 hours etc this can happen to anyone open box when ever they load a firmware or even there own tp prog channel list the box hiccupped..

TunaDude
01-02-2013, 06:50 PM
well i tired again to attach this i guess i dont know what im doing i get it to attach then i see this little arrow invalid file well its valid on my end!

el bandido
01-02-2013, 07:04 PM
Go Advanced, then click on the paper clip or scroll down and click on Manage Attachments.

TunaDude
01-02-2013, 07:21 PM
I guess I don't know still how to attach it or what im doing wrong I can attach it part 1 but its the part 2 I can seem t o get to or why I get the little arrow on the right saying invalid file I read what it tells me to do and maybe im just not doing something

cpr43
01-02-2013, 07:45 PM
unplugging the box? nope he needs to re write back a firmware those lines mean something didn't go right when he added his tp prg list its happened to me nothing to di with a clone kill the program I use was called loader 5900 its a eprom writer but if you want to unplug it for a day to try its still gonna be ---- in 24 hours 48 hours etc this can happen to anyone open box when ever they load a firmware or even there own tp prog channel list the box hiccupped..

ok I fired up my other computer what you need is called loaderS900

STB AZ-Upgrade HD 2.00c 2009=5-22 this is what I use and have used to bring back the box! unless you walked my shoes and used this tool to bring back open box this re writes to the box when its in this stage of _____ make sure you check include boot loader and remember switch off in Theback to you hit start

Hey Tuna
Did you read his original post??? He already has the S900loader, he mentioned he already tried 50 TIMES!! Nothing is being written on all the issues related to Openboxes. I have 2 Solomend, 3 S9 and 3 S10 and you never know what is going to be. There are several tricks that I have heard including putting your Openbox inside your fridge for several hours.

Sometimes what you think can be fool it has solve others their problems and maybe in the future you end using the same trick. Welcome to the OPENBOX world!!

Gary Bidwell
01-02-2013, 07:57 PM
it has to be a zip ,or rar file

TunaDude
01-02-2013, 08:03 PM
he didn't say he was using the s9 l loader since he is here now maybe he can say some more

TunaDude
01-02-2013, 08:05 PM
so what are you using gary? are you trying to re load your original firmware that has you hds2 dump is it taking the write?

not to insult you but are you powering down the box first then I guess the loader you use you add what you are gonna write to your open box and are you checking the add boot loader? does it have this feature in your loader program if not that could be an issue as why you have not had success yet

Gary Bidwell
01-03-2013, 08:11 PM
I used the AZ loader and the pansat loader with many different firmware ver. I will take any help that there is .

el bandido
01-03-2013, 08:24 PM
What Pansat loader are you talking about and where did you get it?
Does the loader display any errors when you try to load the file to the receiver?
Does the loader display anything at all while the file is being transferred?

Gary Bidwell
01-03-2013, 08:49 PM
let me give you a little info ,first of all I am not just a user,I owned and operated a satellite & computer sales and repair shop for 14 years in the US Columbus, Ohio. I used a skybox s9,s10,s11 epromupgrader, and AZ loader and a pansat loader. I used factory files . I ask for help because I have done all the normal restoring process. My total years working with satellite and computers are about 25 years. The loaders takes the file loades it than burns to flash memory. Yes I reset the box when loading the file to flash. Yes I check boot loader.

TunaDude
01-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Well I see you have the know how that's great to bad your open box isn't coming back using the az eprom loader like I use you have tried what I do and just short of saying to you I don't know what to tell you now on your box maybe a way to j tag it if there is a way?

el bandido
01-03-2013, 10:07 PM
let me give you a little info ,first of all I am not just a user,I owned and operated a satellite & computer sales and repair shop for 14 years in the US Columbus, Ohio. I used a skybox s9,s10,s11 epromupgrader, and AZ loader and a pansat loader. I used factory files . I ask for help because I have done all the normal restoring process. My total years working with satellite and computers are about 25 years. The loaders takes the file loades it than burns to flash memory. Yes I reset the box when loading the file to flash. Yes I check boot loader.

If you would have put this info in the first post, it may have saved some time. We do not assume anything and have to ask basic questions in order to get an idea of what to tell you.
I have had one receiver sent to me that had problems as you described. The receiver I worked on would take firmware that belonged on another receiver and work with it to a degree. But it would not run with the firmware that it was designed for. I could not fix this receiver and it was returned to the factory. I was never told if they fixed it or what was wrong with it. This is all the info I have on your problem. EB

Gary Bidwell
01-04-2013, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the info and trying to help

Gary Bidwell
01-06-2013, 09:07 AM
I downloaded a fresh copy of firmware and the S9 upgrade and found that it did not work with a different firmware version than I had in the receiver when problem show up,but then I tried the same ver. of firmware and it worked. Could it be that the ver. that we load to fix makes a differences ?

Pixl
01-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Seems there is a mini operating system you can load to push out a version that is stuck in the receiver. It only has re-load firmware capabilities. You then load a known good file in the receiver.
Trouble is I don't remember where I read about this. Maybe someone else?

dr.zin
09-13-2013, 12:47 PM
openbox firmware is full size,so there is nothing to push out when you flash since you are flashing the full chip.
-- is a hardware detection error,like trying to load old solomend firmware from early 2011.The -- error is what lead anonymousx to make his versions of firmware.His prot ic got corrupt and he got that error.He hacked openbox firmware to bypass the hardware check.

mountaineer
09-13-2013, 01:34 PM
dr zin...one of my friends loaded the anonymous x firmware, 8/15 i think...and can't install anything else...do you know of a way to load another firmware on or get rid of that one? Thanks for the info

dr.zin
09-13-2013, 03:57 PM
I killed my genuine s10 with the aug 2012 anonymousx firmware that was released by a beta tester, and he neglected to mention it was for clones only.The protection ic is actually a secure eeprom that has a section that can be read and written to,like the mac id details and other stuff mentioned on the sys info screen.That firmware corrupted the chip and now you can only run anonymousx firmware or you get the --
If you disable the prot ic by removing the surface mount resistors in series with pins 5 and 6 you can run modded manhattan firmware,but the front panel doesn't work.I modded it to use the openbox remote.I'm not delighted with the results even with the feb 2013 firmware,the last firmware I could find for m3602 based receivers.The audio was out of sync with the video on stuff recorded with that firmware.I have been using modded globo hd x100 firmware,but the tuner works just the opposite of the original firmware i.e. H transponders blindscan as V and vice versa.Front panel doesn't work
but like the manhattan it has the signal beep function for dish aiming.It also has another benefit I can't mention on this site.

dr.zin
09-13-2013, 06:08 PM
skymaster dxh90 will work on the s10 after modding and has the signal beep feature and a feature I like-resume playback of a recording you stopped previously.Like a tape or dvd where you can pick up playing where you left off.
Also the rec icon disappears off the screen after a few seconds when recording.
That is a 2meg firmware.With the 4meg versions, the tuner doesn't work at all.

mountaineer
09-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the info. So even with the security chips removed you can't load s10 or s9 firmware in it? Manhatten just came out with a new release I think...will that work? Thanks for the info and help!!!

el bandido
09-14-2013, 08:17 PM
This is the information I have on Openbox to Manhattan firmwares:

The first versions of the Manhattan firmwares will work on the Openbox S9 and S10. Later Manhattan versions will load but will only function in a very limited way on the S9 and S10.

The Current 4.4 version from Manhattan that was released in 02-2013 will load but will not function correctly on the S9 and S10.
The Manhattan 4.4 version will load and function almost 100 percent correctly on an Openbox S12. No other Manhattan firmwares have been publicly released after version 4.4.

A Manhattan remote or programmable remote will be needed for Openbox to Manhattan conversions. EB

dr.zin
09-15-2013, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the info. So even with the security chips removed you can't load s10 or s9 firmware in it? Manhatten just came out with a new release I think...will that work? Thanks for the info and help!!!

nope,even with the oldest solomend firmware I could find from june 2010 you get the --
which is the hardware detection error.
with manhattan 4.4 you have to mod the firmware to use the openbox remote and disable the prot ic.
If you don't disable the prot ic the tuner doesn't work(clash on the i2c bus I believe)

dr.zin
09-15-2013, 06:41 PM
I was hoping to find somebody with a clone that could copy the eeprom,then I would replace the chip with a regular eeprom and be able to run openbox firmware that was pre-clone detection at least.Now that anonymousx had a falling out with openbox you think that he would at least release the tool he used to decrypt the firmware.

cpr43
09-16-2013, 07:08 AM
I noticed LINKBOX USA (PANSAT) is using Ali chip *.abs on their latest models 8000HD/Plus/Local. I have a 8000HD Local (w/ATSC) that has H/V scanning options and several additions that could be great to have it on Openbox models. Software and Channel editor looks pretty similar to Manhattan and Openboxes. Hey Dr Zin do you think you can give it a try??

dr.zin
09-16-2013, 08:42 AM
probably a later version of the chip,like the 3601 or 3606

dr.zin
09-17-2013, 01:07 PM
the linkbox editor is actually an old version of alieditor with an updated script.ini file .
If I had one I would be using v3.03 and the updated ini file,it had more features.

cpr43
09-17-2013, 02:06 PM
I have tried all the Ali editors with more features (H.264, AC3, AAc etc ) that I have but they're incompatible with the 8000HD database. All I have is up to v3.0.0e. Never see a v3.0.3. When I open the database from the 8000HD using the editor with more features it erases all the channel names and substituted them with a square box.

dr.zin
09-17-2013, 03:34 PM
the script.ini has to match the receiver.
Sounds like you were using the old ini file for the s10 instead.
The new ini file is larger,3913 bytes instead of the old 3714 bytes

dr.zin
09-17-2013, 04:11 PM
the rev is listed at the top line of the about screen,right after the DB4
They all use upgrade library version 3.0.0e so that means nothing.
The linkbox alieditor is the old rev 2.00c

cpr43
09-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the inputs. Do you have a copy of the one I can use for the 8000HD with additional features?? Here is a copy of my database from the 8000HD local. See if you can do some changesd and save the file using the newer editor. Once you save the file try to open it again and see if everything remains good, thanks

dr.zin
09-17-2013, 06:45 PM
probably should have it's own thread

cpr43
09-17-2013, 07:37 PM
Agree

dr.zin
09-27-2013, 12:22 PM
I ordered an eeprom programmer but it's going to take a while to arrive from china(slow boat)
So the -- s10 fix research is on hold for a while.

dr.zin
02-06-2014, 08:11 PM
a guy on a u.k. forum has an s10 with a jumper on the protection ic from one of the resistors close by to pin 2 on the chip that is cut and turned up.With the jumper off the receiver would just boot to --
He put the jumper back on and claims it boots now but he didn't say what firmware he is using.
I may try that once I get more info from him.