PDA

View Full Version : My Review of the X-Square (X

el bandido
01-27-2013, 01:52 AM
I can only say that I did not expect much when I got this receiver. It was a surprise to open the box and find composite AV cables (White, Red, Yellow), a HDMI cable, and a Wifi USB dongle. There were also two remotes included but no AAA batteries for the remotes were included.

The X

cpr43
01-27-2013, 06:17 AM
Thanks EB, very good review!! Now people will know why we who already owned one were so desperate to get the new shipment to US and get another one!!! Best part is that once you scanned all your sats you can save a copy of your database inside the box, erase everything and re-scan again so you can later compare. The database will not be erase from the memory even if you do a factory. So at any time you can restore the database and you will have everything back!! You will also see channels pop up that you used to scan before but cant see. Thks

solrackm
01-27-2013, 09:31 AM
I agree with you on the x2 blind scan, and the tuner sensitivity is great also and I'm using this on a 1.2 meter dish c-band.

cpr43
01-27-2013, 09:49 AM
sorry I hit something I shouldnt please accept my apologies. Viper see if you can help me to deleted mmy mistake on the POST THANKS section Sorry

el bandido
01-27-2013, 09:57 AM
That is a good point about storing the database. I have already used that feature. The Raptor does the same thing so I am familiar with it.

Universal LNB L.O. frequency settings in the X

TunaDude
01-27-2013, 10:00 AM
wow a 230 in the morning review wow eb nice post look around iside the menu for me if you can about is there anyway to run one 8 switch which is 1.1 and then add into this a regular 4 out put 1.0 disec like the open box?

reason I ask is this box sounds great im still leaning toward the eyebox x5 / openbox x5 cause this does have the settings like my regular open box s9 where I use both 1.1 and 1.0 in my set up I like being able to use my 8 switch this way out of the 8 ports on my 8 switch 3 of the 8 I added a disec switch 1.0 and have the settings inside my open box to match what gets me is this is the same maker of open box s9 and the same maker as the new eyebox x5 the eyebox/open box x5 has 1.0 1.1 and 1.2

so this 53 dollar fast blind scan x2 and what it found on 87w as an example the pbs and ktel and the 72w 1666sym rate one like you wrote is telling me it has quality of what I want faster blind scan more accurate blind scan but im stumped with lack of setting for lnb

And Carlos you open my mind with the saving of you channel and all and being able to write them back I thought I read it looses what you had from before whne you do a new blind scan of a certain sat.......

I know you use 1.2setting and a motor eb and once rrob posted a screen shot of the setings can you look into this a bit more eb if I got 17 lnb all ku and I use one 8 switch how do you run a 8 switch and wire into it 3 regular 1.0 4 out put disec switches?

and since you have this box now 93w ku 89w ku and then 99w ku can you please give me a time line of these in a blind scan like viper did with the eyebox?

93 and 89 don't have much in ku most of the time and 99 does you all ready answered 87w ku and as far as skinny tp be on the look out for the 89w ku in you blind scan the 12196 h 12192 12188 12185 12182 12178 etc ql 2185 symbol rates most of the time these piss me off when the open box skip over it example the
nebraska one is acitv as I type this 12192h 12196 h both seem to bring it in this morning just want to see if this x2 finds it

And thank you eb when you were talking about 87w ku in your blind scan and 72w at least were on the same page you 2 am poet!

the time line in a blind scan for 93w and 89w these to seem to diddie daddle a lot and on 93 you might find one Spanish channel 12005 v and maybe a hit or miss other Aztec feed or a 6111 feed from America and 89w maybe the bring in byu stuff and the Nebraska feed on those 12192 2185 this shows me how much maybe fasgter the x box realy is and 99w ku with its cbs new path and shit load of 3978 feeds most times my open box does this in around 3.5 to 4 minutes and most of the time finds at least 10 channels with something on it maybe not on a sunday morning but 99w ku if the x2 does it in around 2 that a plus...

o yea one more the echo star on 105w 12123 h 1000 lately its been hard to blind scan in again for me even with 60% quality even the regular tp scan it misses but I have it in my channel list all the time.

note at 11 15 am on sunday morning I have no quality on it so I don't know if its active or there is weather issue from colorodo somimtes I loose quilty on it but you have your 105 on your motor and the centered 1.2m dish ii have 105 piggy backed on my 36 inch round dish aimed at 101 ku so you might see quality where I don't right now and again thanks eb

Costactc
01-27-2013, 10:01 AM
Great review EB, I wouldn't mind testing this receiver but no shipping to Canada creates a problem.

TunaDude
01-27-2013, 10:31 AM
does amazon ship to Canada? if so you can buy one from amazon costactc but you have the new open box x5 both made by the same folks! whats the point of getting this x2 ?

Costactc
01-27-2013, 10:33 AM
does amazon ship to Canada? if so you can buy one from amazon costactc but you have the new open box x5 both made by the same folks! whats the point of getting this x2 ?

Always have the itch to try a new receiver. I attempted to buy this receiver 2 months ago on Amazon and the transaction was cancelled when they realised that I lived in Canada.

cpr43
01-27-2013, 10:58 AM
I went thru the same process having problems to ship to Puerto Rico. All I did was to order one from here and have it ship to a member of my family in Florida and from there they will ship to me by US postal service.

EB
Can you let me know which firmware version your box came with?? Mine using Dec 5 2012 will overwrite renamed channels with PR1, PR2, PR3 (same as Ch-1, Ch-2, Ch-3 on Openbox)Thanks

el bandido
01-27-2013, 11:43 AM
First, 12196 and 12192H are going to be the same transponder. 4MHz Is not really enough separation for two transponders transmitting TV signals. The X

Costactc
01-27-2013, 11:58 AM
If anybody is willing to ship to me from the US, all shipping will obviously be taken care of. Viper found one on ebay for me but they don't ship to Canada.

TunaDude
01-27-2013, 12:20 PM
thanks eb as far as 89w ku I have seen days where 12192 and 12196 have 2 different feeds for some reason 89w ku does have very close feeds active at times and are different like I have seen 12196 with ketv and 12192 is the abc color bars other days I have seen 12185 wmur 12182 another feed

some days I get bleed over like I will get the same 2 channel ketv nebrasak on 12196 and on 12192 this is when one feed is off like today no color bars feed on 12196

but if you get some time whats the time lines for blind scanning on 93w 89w and 99w just wondering and if you can some time from around 4pm to 8 pm see there is the feeds on 89w ku real close to each other but there are different feeds 89 w is weird this way but id think the same as you most tp that are 4 degress aprt are the same but not on 89w ku when 2 feeds are active at the same time they are 4 off to each other they just have to both be on at the same time.....

cpr43
01-27-2013, 01:10 PM
12196 H 2782 on 89W KU is a Washigton Hearst feed which usually aired news feeds from Monday to Friday until 7 or 8PM. Then around that time they switch the feed to ABC KETV 7 until later night or next day in the morning. Then it change back to Hearst News feed. On weekend Sat- Sun recently ABC KETV 7 is up 24 hrs.

el bandido
01-27-2013, 07:45 PM
The X

TunaDude
01-28-2013, 09:24 AM

CLICK UP HERE TO SEE ABC KU TP FROM ABC after it opens look to the right half way down page downlink freq. should see 12163h then12167 etc

Thanks for 105w e b and the 12123 h 1000 tp you blind scanned I wanted to show you more about 89ku and the close tp and how yes I am getting different ones as close as 3 to 4 degrees apart.

This is from abc it shows the frequencies of there ku 89w bird and just wanted to show that the range of 12163 to 12195 h 2185 does show many transponders in the down link section on this chart very close to each other

note that they also don't show the symbol rate rather the data rate but the transponders are the ones that ketv the 2 hearst channel yes 2 not one and the rest of the ones I see a lot and 3 and 4 degrees apart so what I wrote is accurate its not that hearst comes on at 7pm then at 8 pm ktev switches there both close and different that's how I have watched both at the same time just like days I have watched hearst 12191h and hearst 2 1t 12195h ..

el bandido
01-29-2013, 09:08 AM
That is a very nice list that shows most of the possible frequency combinations that they can use. I doubt you see two transponders running at the same time 4MHz apart using the same polarity on the same satellite. They would be inviting trouble from interference if they did this.
Do simple test. Pick a transponder, then change its frequency by 1 MHz until you lose its signal. Most fta lnbs can be moved at least two MHz Up and Down without losing the signal on a transponder. Commercial gear is not that generous but they need space between two transmitting transponders that are being directed to the same area.

I am doing some test scans of 89W today and will post a list of scanned transponders.

TunaDude
01-29-2013, 10:47 AM
That is a very nice list that shows most of the possible frequency combinations that they can use. I doubt you see two transponders running at the same time 4MHz apart using the same polarity on the same satellite. They would be inviting trouble from interference if they did this.
Do simple test. Pick a transponder, then change its frequency by 1 MHz until you lose its signal. Most fta lnbs can be moved at least two MHz Up and Down without losing the signal on a transponder. Commercial gear is not that generous but they need space between two transmitting transponders that are being directed to the same area.

I am doing some test scans of 89W today and will post a list of scanned transponders.

Your funny eb you doubt tha I am seeing and have seen abc have 2 different channels on at the same time only four degress apart I have even put up what abc has and its plan to see there transponder in this 12163 to 12195 range

you will one day see what I see it might not have been this morning It might be from 4pm on till 8 today

the transponders list I found in a search yesterday for abc ku transonders I put it here for all to see... they have theses active at times and there are real close some times sometimes you don't see hardly any active ones in this range its all depends whats going on if there was something that needed to have them send the truck etc....

el bandido
01-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Let me know when you see two active transponders running 4MHz or closer with channels active on both transponders at the same time. I would like to look at that. Can't ever remember running into that before.

TunaDude
01-29-2013, 01:10 PM
will keep my eyes open the next time I see this on 89 ku its all up to abc I guess as in the feeds that become active during times when another feed truck or location also has an active feed going and uplink and downlink the part of these transponder isn't realy the 4 degrees rather is the x2 gonna blind scan these in when there active?

my dumb open box s9 during blindscan many times skips right over these tp's or maybe get one of them sometimes in the blind scan

what I always end up doing is looking in my tp list of these 10 transponders and see which ones have any quality and if so sat scan them in

im probably gonna wait out the open box x5/eyebox and get me one of these x2 that way I can retire the ole s9 with its broken hdmi port and its lousy sound that sometimes don't match the lips of something im watching I got my moneys worth from it has the PIXL FIX IN IT be nice for a change blind scanning a sat have it blind scan faster (so I hope) and not miss shit! or not miss as much shit!

el bandido
01-29-2013, 02:09 PM
IMO, Wait a few days before you buy anything. There is a reason for this.

TunaDude
01-29-2013, 03:49 PM
stuff is active now on 89w ku off and on tp

TunaDude
01-29-2013, 05:36 PM
IMO, Wait a few days before you buy anything. There is a reason for this.

cause of the micro

el bandido
01-29-2013, 06:17 PM
No.The X

el bandido
01-29-2013, 06:27 PM
The X

el bandido
01-30-2013, 06:17 PM
The guard band of 4 MHz ensures
that the transponders do not interact with each other.

The minimum spacing in MHz for two transponders using the same polarity is 2MHz each side of the transponder, for a total of 4 MHz of dead air space between each pair of transponders. Much is written on this subject and if you want more information on it read the attached .pdf file or Google search "satellite transponder guard frequency".

Our fta systems are not designed for tight tolerances. We do not pay a lot of money for them compared to commercial systems. Some of our lnbs drift, while other fta lnbs can be moved 2-4 MHz off of a frequency and still get a signal on the frequency it was moved from. Knowing these things, it is easy to see how closely spaced transponders can cause problems for our fta systems.

The X

el bandido
01-30-2013, 07:13 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

cpr43
01-30-2013, 07:30 PM
Nice findings and review!! I think Vyper can forward a copy of this review so Xsat can take a look and see if they can work something out not to delete the second find closer than 4mhz!

cpr43
02-01-2013, 11:53 AM
[QUOTE=el bandido;48979]First, 12196 and 12192H are going to be the same transponder. 4MHz Is not really enough separation for two transponders transmitting TV signals. The X

Gary Bidwell
02-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Can anyone tell me is there any difference in the new X2 hd receive over the other X2 hd model

chifut
02-01-2013, 12:38 PM
My open box 9 lock Tuves mux on 15w when blind scaning i
ps. But have to wait couple secunds to pop up the Q signal

el bandido
02-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Can anyone tell me is there any difference in the new X2 hd receive over the other X2 hd model

Do you mean the X

ViP3R
02-01-2013, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=el bandido;49344]Do you mean the X

TunaDude
02-01-2013, 05:27 PM
nice to see all those shots of 89w ku and the feeds eb ... of the 12195 12192 etc range of tp

what id like a box to do in a blind scan on 89w ku is this if by chance it was say around 530pm est when the abc feeds are active and 12195 12191 12188 12184 were all active when the blind scan was done you had all 4 of the feeds

that was really my point with 89w ku and these feeds cause the stupid open box never ever gets all of them one if im lucky in a blind scan I always had to tp scan them and even if they were not 4 degrees apart like if 12195 and 12184 were active scan would still miss even many times it would miss both....

maybe costactc with his open box x5 /eyebox x5 might chime in ? since super bowl is gonna bring in tp on 89w ku if you see 2 tp active or 3 tp active etc on 89ku is to blind scan it when there active this way one would know how good the open box x5 was with these feeds the x5 with its 667 MHz or what ever the power is on this box ..

And welcome back legit!

cpr43
02-01-2013, 05:38 PM
What I heard so far is that the original X2 premium HD use the same software as the Special edition so I assummed they're the same. My Special edition is in transit so when I get it I will post results

el bandido
02-01-2013, 10:27 PM
nice to see all those shots of 89w ku and the feeds eb ... of the 12195 12192 etc range of tp

what id like a box to do in a blind scan on 89w ku is this if by chance it was say around 530pm est when the abc feeds are active and 12195 12191 12188 12184 were all active when the blind scan was done you had all 4 of the feeds

that was really my point with 89w ku and these feeds cause the stupid open box never ever gets all of them one if im lucky in a blind scan I always had to tp scan them and even if they were not 4 degrees apart like if 12195 and 12184 were active scan would still miss even many times it would miss both....

maybe costactc with his open box x5 /eyebox x5 might chime in ? since super bowl is gonna bring in tp on 89w ku if you see 2 tp active or 3 tp active etc on 89ku is to blind scan it when there active this way one would know how good the open box x5 was with these feeds the x5 with its 667 MHz or what ever the power is on this box ..

And welcome back legit!

I appreciate you showing me those transponders because I have never noticed that before.
Plain and simple, 4Mhz of transponder spacing will cause us problems because most of our fta systems are not designed for that. Interference could be causing the Openbox to miss some transponders, especially if the antenna system is generating noise too.
The X

cpr43
02-02-2013, 07:34 AM
EB
Never mind it was to short, the mux was open just a couple of hours, only bling bling open on that mux

Thanks

el bandido
02-05-2013, 09:21 AM
I shipped my X² to Pixl today. I look forward to his comments about the blind scan and build quality. You cannot expect much for the price! EB

cpr43
02-05-2013, 10:39 AM
whats the deal??

el bandido
02-05-2013, 10:57 AM
What deal? What do you mean?

TunaDude
02-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Im happy hearing a review on this box from pixl eb or carlos all three of you at least all three of you got one! I think a box as cheap as 50 to 60 dollars and reviews coming from the three of you is a great idea at least all three of you know your shit!

so carlos your input on any thing you find out or the shit I have been asking on the box please fell free to post about it....... and what ever eb and pixl come up with is only a plus on this box after all how many folks you know came up with the pixl fix ?

Answer 1 PIXL!

IT FIXED MY OPEN BOX ! And as far as eb if it was not for him and his posts.

if you ever need to learn something go back and read his stuff reading eb old post taught me how to learn the open box!

all three of you can have good input on this x2 prem eb calls some boxes cheap it use to bother me on the open box when I read he call it cheap but you know what I learned from eb he is right! its cheap

that's why it also needed the pixl fix in the open box and the hdmi don't work etc lol

but maybe pixl will come back and write wow for 53 dollars this little box is made pretty well he outta know! at least it wil be a honest review .

el bandido
02-07-2013, 12:35 PM
why are you sending your X2 to pixl?? Are you team up with him to make reviews on the X2?? If so why and you're looking forward for his comments while you mentioning him that he cant expect much for the price??? Did you sell him yours?? whats the deal or what is all about??

I sent the X² because I want some tests done on it. End of story.

el bandido
02-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Some people have asked me about USALS and the diseqc 1.2 motor features of the X². Seems a guy named Brian Gohl wants to claim the USALS motor controls do not work. I do not know what X² receiver Brian has because USALs worked fine for me.
Brian is the developer of the MicroHD receiver, so we cannot really blame him for trying to make one receiver look bad while making his own receiver look good. But the truth needs to be known!

USALS on the X² does not for satellites about 60 degrees away from the center of the motor or due South.
USALS on the X² worked for me all the way down to 30 West and my South is about 85 West.
USALS did not work at 15 West on the X². This distance would be about 70 degrees from the center of the motor or due south.

I used diseqc 1.2 for 15 West and USALS for the rest of the ku satellites. The X² handled the diseqc 1.2 command and the USALS commands without ANY issues.

I have a Geosat 1.2 meter dish attached to a DG380 motor. It is not easy on any receiver's power supply to move the dish from 15 West to 103 West. The power supply of the receiver has to work pretty hard to get the motor and 1.2 meter dish moving when the dish is parked at 15 West. The X² receiver also had to power an ESX 522U-FE dual lnb while moving the 1.2 dish.
My X² receiver did not have any problems moving this dish system. My X² moved this 1.2 meter dish system many times to 15 West and from 15 West without ANY problems. EB

GetBit03
02-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Thank you for that clarification, Brian has been trying to talk me away from this receiver for a week now on another web site! rrob311 told me to come over here and check it out! I was probably going to buy this receiver no matter what Brian said anyway. It's nice to find people actually trying to improve this product and not just talk it into the mud! BTW is support still active on this box? Have not seen or heard of any updates recently? I'm glad to hear the USALS and DISEqC is working! Overall I'm hoping this box works O.K. for my first STB Using USALS to drive the KU and DISEqC to drive the BUD through a VBox 7.

ViP3R
02-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Thank you for that clarification, Brian has been trying to talk me away from this receiver for a week now on another web site! rrob311 told me to come over here and check it out! I was probably going to buy this receiver no matter what Brian said anyway. It's nice to find people actually trying to improve this product and not just talk it into the mud! BTW is support still active on this box? Have not seen or heard of any updates recently? I'm glad to hear the USALS and DISEqC is working! Overall I'm hoping this box works O.K. for my first STB Using USALS to drive the KU and DISEqC to drive the BUD through a VBox 7.

We have requested added features and improvements.. The support is still active , they told me the engineers are having problems with the main structure of the CPU and need more time to solve issues.
It is Chinese new year right now so I guess party time!!! We will see a new file once they figure things out and get rid of the hangover...lol

GetBit03
02-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Thanks!

hags
02-10-2013, 05:16 PM

Yes, that thread is pretty amusing. Like I posted over there, I have one and I'm happy with it right now.

el bandido
02-10-2013, 07:50 PM

How are you going to connect the c and ku lnbs together? Describe how you will connect everything starting at the back of the receiver and ending with the lnbs.

GetBit03
02-13-2013, 11:13 PM
Well I was going to go receiver to VBox to a 4x1 DISEqC switch, then port 1 to the C-band LNBF and port 2 to the Motor then to the KU LNBF. I'm pretty sure that's how I want it? From what I understand using USALS to control the KU Motor the VBox will ignore the USALS commands and only move the KU Dish, then use DISEqC to move the BUD through the VBox. KU satellites will be even numbered and C will be odd numbered. Any flaws in my plans? I know I'm not going to receive all the C-Band stuff due to only having a 6' dish but I'm prepared to tune tune tune!

el bandido
02-13-2013, 11:35 PM
It is not a good idea to put a diseqc switch in front of the ku motor.

Run the coax feed line like this: Receiver--->VBox--->Ku Dish Motor---> Diseqc Switch--->LNB(s)

GetBit03
02-14-2013, 11:54 AM
OK will do thank you for the clarification!

GetBit03
02-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Ordered my X2 from LegitFTA today, can not wait to receive it and get it working!! Also ordered everything else needed to get everything up and running! HAPPY HAPPY!

bruski
03-13-2013, 07:37 PM
this to get my
he is superior to openbox s10 and lines fex
from already thank the experts in the subject

Gary Bidwell
03-14-2013, 06:49 AM
I have used mine with the switch before the motor but the cable needs to be short or you will have problems

Receiver--->Diseqc Switch--->Ku Dish Motor---> --->LNB(s)
--->C Dish Motor---> --->LNB(s)