PDA

View Full Version : How do you key in USALS Local Lat & long

Pixl
02-10-2013, 05:52 PM
I am in antenna setting/ motor/ usals/ manual.
I see lat and long and can change it, but it doesn't save??

rrob311
02-10-2013, 06:20 PM
enter the settings then press the drive to zero I think it is then back out of it
That should work.

Pixl
02-10-2013, 06:31 PM
That did not work. Hmmnn...

rrob311
02-10-2013, 06:34 PM
I am running the 12/11 firmware. Maybe try hitting Go after you enter the numbers then drive to zero. I remember having the same issue but I was able to get it to save. The older firmware had a save option in that screen so I thought the drive to zero or go saved it.

Pixl
02-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Rob,

I already tried that too. My box has Dec 24, 2012 software.

rrob311
02-10-2013, 06:58 PM
I haven't really tried any of the newer firmwares because the one I have been using suits me well. I did struggle with that same issue for an hour or so but I don't remember which firmware it was.

el bandido
02-10-2013, 07:31 PM
I am going to write this from memory because I do not have the receiver.

Enter your latitude and longitude, then use the arrow key on the remote to move to a stored city, then arrow back to what you entered, and exit the menu. Return to the latitude/longitude menu and verify that your latitude and longitude were saved.

Pixl
02-11-2013, 12:59 PM
EB,

That was it! The new long/lat was saved. My dish still doesn't move, but it is probably iced up from freezing rain or trouble with the outdoor power supply that runs it.

el bandido
02-11-2013, 01:26 PM
You may want to verify that the motor does not move with another receiver. Just a thought. EB

whrrlr1
04-13-2013, 08:15 PM
I just got an X2, special edition with Jan. 4, 2013 software on it. There seems to be no place to enter lat/lon in this software version. Anyone else running this software to confirm?

Also, their website seems messed up, and I can't find updates to download to usb. Any ideas? Any help is appreciated.

cpr43
04-14-2013, 06:27 AM
Try updating to the latest file dated March 30 2013 in our section, eventhough the title is April-2-13 the real firmware date is March 30-2013, here is a direct link

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

whrrlr1
04-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Thanks. I got it downloaded to my phone, and will give it a go as soon as I can move it to a usb drive. (no internet here at my off grid property yet) Hopefully that will do the trick, as I like this box otherwise.

jugghedd
04-15-2013, 07:45 AM
Their website isnt really updated or functional. You'll get more updates from forums than from the company. The USALS doesnt work for North America unless Im missing a major fix.

whrrlr1
04-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Ahh. I see. That explains why I can't find a local position input area, even with the latest firmware installed. That's a shame. The box is perfect otherwise. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will be added in a future update.

Edit: Oh hey! I finally found where lat/lon gets entered. For anyone else who reads this thread looking for how it's done, in antenna settings, while setting motor type, you press OK on the remote and it takes you to local position settings.

jugghedd
04-16-2013, 08:35 AM
The web site is virtually non-existent. Broken links, no firmware, no info, wrong pictures. Ive had better luck on forums getting fixes. USALS is way busted from what I can tell. Mine actually lets me enter my location, then it tells me "Out of Range?" for EVERY sat. not nice. I hope they slow down the selling and get moving on development. The box has potential.

rrob311
04-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Hi jughead which firmware are you using? Are you in the lower 48 states? I am at 72w and haven't had any range issues.

cpr43
04-16-2013, 09:31 AM
Here at legitfta we have a X2 files section. Files released (tested) from X2 are sent directly here. We have direct communication with X2 so feel free to come here and download the latest files for your needs. :thumbup:

jugghedd
04-16-2013, 10:26 AM
I actually did download the latest here. I also tried every other version possible. Maybe I need to factory default it a few more times or something. But, it didnt work on any version. I also havent tried entering the coordinate and back button like the one posting suggested. That coupled with me having to use the remote in reverse direction is a bit annoying. Does anyone else have that issue? It turns the proper way on my geosat receiver. But not on the X2. left=right, right=left. And if USALS doesnt work anyway, I guess entering my location is the lesser issue.

rrob311
04-16-2013, 11:01 AM
I have been using an sg2100 motor with the x2 for several months. I just tested the usals on this latest firmware and it is working OK. Now just to make sure I understand your problem, are you unable to save your latitude and longitude settings?

rrob311
04-16-2013, 11:04 AM
After you update the firmware go to system information and verify what version/date the firmware is.

cpr43
04-16-2013, 11:09 AM
jugghedd

Welcome to legitfta!! The latest X2 special edition hasnt being in the market for a long time. Its a new model just released and it usually take some time to sort and fix all the problems. Others here found similar problems and did a work around to make thing work for them. I'm almost sure others will jump in and will help you. Go thru the X2 discussion section and read as much as you can so you get familiarize with what is going on. X2 has come up with firmware releases in the last several months to fix issues so we expect they work on yours or similar ones.:waving2:

jugghedd
04-16-2013, 01:02 PM
i keep hearing about the greatness coming. but for now, buggier than aardvark dung. I'll check my firmware version to be certain. But, I think Im at the latest. MAybe I'll box it up and wait for the forthcoming fixes to enable the features I paid for a month ago.

ViP3R
04-16-2013, 01:15 PM
i keep hearing about the greatness coming. but for now, buggier than aardvark dung. I'll check my firmware version to be certain. But, I think Im at the latest. MAybe I'll box it up and wait for the forthcoming fixes to enable the features I paid for a month ago.

No disrespect at you, but I see many happy people for a box that costs 50 dollars..Many have bought boxes in the 300-400 dollar range that have many bugs that will never be solved and scan like molasses..
There is no super box out there that is perfect,,none that I have seen.

I would take your own advise and box it up if it annoys you this much.

cpr43
04-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Use your best judgement its yours. We will try to help whenever we can.

rrob311
04-16-2013, 01:29 PM

jugg, do you have the north american satellite list loaded? We should be able to get your USALS up and running very shortly.

jugghedd
04-16-2013, 01:34 PM
I understand what development is and that there are experimental boxes out there. I just dont like the idea of a company advertising features it cant provide. I know its a 50 dollar box and is worth more if most of it works. So, thats how they should advertise it. Sorry if I got off on a little rant. But, I feel like Im talking to employees of the company or something when everyone seems all too understanding about being lied to. And thats really what it is. They make statements about their products that arent true. Comparing them to overpriced options that do the same isnt too helpful.

I am a little new to the industry as a buyer and I tend to compare things to computers too often. So, some of that is just my stubborn opinion. Just consider that I've been doing computer network work for near 20 years. No home phone, no internet at home, no cable TV, and I just got my first personal cellular phone since 1994.

I never take opinions as disrespect. When I act like a cranky old man, feel free to call me out on it. Im glad I can state my own opinion (even unpopular) and not get flamed too much. Who knows, minds do change too. ;)

By the way, I will check my versions and default the box. I HAVE been frustrated with other devices and found that some moron had things setup wrong. That moron would be me. So, I will update tomorrow with specifics.

ViP3R
04-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Hey no worries at all, this is a place where you can voice your opinions..good or bad.. I have mine as well..I don't agree where they have lied to anyone about anything..explain what you mean please.

I simply have boxes here for sale for members to buy at a cheaper price..the only reason I agreed to sell the x2 was that they would support the box, and so far this has held true.
It does take time to code the firmware, they first have to figure out how to fix an issue and then make sure that they don't break something else in doing so.

There is also no way for any manufacturer to know that everything will work properly on every single FTA setup.. Everyone has so many variations using multiple hardware.

Comparing prices is very warranted in this aspect on what you get, what works, how well it works ect.

I think in the end when they fix what is possible you will be happy with the 50 dollar box.

jugghedd
04-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Im only posting more to answer the one question. I think they lied when they advertised features that even they knew their box wouldnt do out of the box. At least thats how I see it. Im not going to get into naming them. They exist.

ViP3R
04-16-2013, 02:06 PM
Well, if there are advertised features that do not work, they won't be fixed if no one is willing to report them.

jugghedd
04-16-2013, 05:30 PM
OK. Here's why Im a little careful going out on a limb. I checked my firmware and it wasnt the newest. So, I found the newest one and installed it. Tried USALS, and.........BINGO! Channels started popping like magic. That was pretty cool. So, the only issues left for me would be the backward dish rotation. Not bad to live with especially when I spent so much time tweaking things with Diseqc that USALS is just working. I like it. And sorry for the harsh words. I think they still have work to do. but, that works pretty slick. :th_thumbs20up:

rrob311
04-16-2013, 06:22 PM
Way to go!

cpr43
04-16-2013, 06:31 PM
OK. Here's why Im a little careful going out on a limb. I checked my firmware and it wasnt the newest. So, I found the newest one and installed it. Tried USALS, and.........BINGO! Channels started popping like magic. That was pretty cool. So, the only issues left for me would be the backward dish rotation. Not bad to live with especially when I spent so much time tweaking things with Diseqc that USALS is just working. I like it. And sorry for the harsh words. I think they still have work to do. but, that works pretty slick. :th_thumbs20up:

See!! If you will follow our recomendations from the very beginning maybe some screens and typed words should be being avoided!! Glad you can now move your dish. Keep playing with your toy and dont hesitate to ask! We will be here!!!

whrrlr1
04-17-2013, 06:50 PM
I thought maybe I could beat the reversed motor movement thing by inputing my latitude as Southern hemisphere, but no dice on that either. Heck, I'm starting to think about opening the motor and reverse the motor's power leads.

rrob311
04-17-2013, 07:06 PM
what make and model of motor do you have?

jugghedd
04-18-2013, 09:30 AM
I have the SG2100. It works as expected when hooked to my spare Geosat dsr200 receiver.

whrrlr1
07-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Just thought I should follow up. I finally got the reverse motor issue resolved. I reset the X2, but more importantly, the motor too. Reinput all the data into the X2, and its working as it should. So anyone with this issue, if you are using a motor previously used with another box, make sure you do a reset on the motor itself.