PDA

View Full Version : Jynxbox Ultra HD

Pixl
02-27-2013, 06:53 PM
I just bought a Jynxbox Ultra HD. It comes with a turbo 8psk tuner and I added the optional ATSC tuner. I've had my struggles with this already. It came out of the box with minimal software to operate a few menus, but not the tuners. I've been all over several sites trying to gather some info on this, finally got some files to try and I bricked it. Chasing down yet more file I found a boot loader and factory file that recovered it back to where I started. I then up graded the FW to the latest ver and activated the tuners. I am hoping to get some of the TPs from 110w that occasionally are in the clear, but my other receivers won't get turbo. This box scans them in with good signal and quality, but just a black screen. Anyone know what is going on here.

TunaDude
02-27-2013, 09:56 PM
hi pixl how are you. im thinking maybe a turbo pid finder in the works. I want to ask you couple of things

Can you blind scan the turbo transponders in from scratch ? or do you have to add them in the tp line?.

and then sat scan the transponder?

and if you are say sat scanning a turbo tp and it brings in channels scrambled or black? can you go check for me if you see the pids on each of what ever it scanned in? even if I don't have a turbo box yet if your interested maybe I could make a small something for you to see if the theory works in turbo ...

so on the black channels can you hit info see if each one has pids?.

Pixl
02-27-2013, 11:52 PM
Tuna, I'm going to do some work on the dish tomorrow, then I'll test for that.

TunaDude
02-28-2013, 09:12 AM
good luck pixl with your outside set up of dish or lnb add on.... for 110 what about 119 61.5

Costactc
02-28-2013, 12:22 PM
I've heard of the jynxbox being very buggy from other sites. You might want to try 129w where most of the hd programming is located in order to take advantage of the turbo 8psk. Don't expect to find them open often if at all.

rrob311
02-28-2013, 07:29 PM
It would be interesting to see if the tuners available for this unit are interchangeable with other receivers.

Pixl
03-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Maybe, who knows. The ATSC tuner would be useful in other boxes. One difference I see, the Raptor tuner drops straight in to the slot. The Jynxbox motherboard has to be loosened and pulled forward to get the f-connectors pushed thru the back plate.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Pixl
03-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Well trying to get help with this box is difficult. People on the FTA sites don't own one or if they do, don't want to talk about it. People on the Pirate sites don't let you in to download files or ask questions unless you pay for VIP status. One that did let me post asked me "what server are you using"? I answered I didn't think I needed a server if I'm receiving channels that are ITC. Their response.. what is ITC ! Sheeeze.

Costactc
03-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Well trying to get help with this box is difficult. People on the FTA sites don't own one or if they do, don't want to talk about it. People on the Pirate sites don't let you in to download files or ask questions unless you pay for VIP status. One that did let me post asked me "what server are you using"? I answered I didn't think I needed a server if I'm receiving channels that are ITC. Their response.. what is ITC ! Sheeeze.

Those are iks/hack sites. You shouldn't need to pay for any type of vip status.

el bandido
03-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Quit messing with the sheep heard Pixl. :hail::hail:

Pixl
03-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Quit messing with the sheep heard Pixl.

Aw comon, I fell and cracked a rib this past week and stuck at home. Plenty of time to try and get this working without using illegal keys. Keeps me busy.

kodaz
03-01-2013, 05:21 PM
keep going Pixl, i have a large interest in this box.

rrob311
03-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Pixl, is that the jynxbox tuner in the pic or the raptor tuner? Also, does anyone know offhand if the Triplex tuners are removable? I would like to compare all.

Pixl
03-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Pixl, is that the jynxbox tuner in the pic or the raptor tuner? Also, does anyone know offhand if the Triplex tuners are removable? I would like to compare all.

Pictured is the Jynxbox tuner.

Pixl
03-01-2013, 10:20 PM
I did manage to get some turbo channels to scan in today. I rolled the FW back to v1.2.33 instead of the most recent. That got me working. Channels on 61.5, 110, and 119 that had SR of 20000 and 21500 locked in. Most are scrambled, but a few are ITC. I was not able to find any of the channels with hidden pids by manually keying them in. I'll have to work on this. It is nice to know this box has some usefulness without using any of that IKS stuff. I have yet to try the ATSC tuner. That will also be something to try.

eastof111
03-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Good to hear you got it working. I wonder if the ATSC tuner does a blind scan of the frequencies similar to the Sonicview 8000HD? If it doesn't, it must be reading the frequencies from an xml file. If that's the case, it would be great to have a copy so I could compare it to the Hypercube file used with it's tuner, which is not ATSC, but PAL. Anyway, just a thought.

rrob311
03-12-2013, 07:53 AM
Pixl do you have a dvb-s2 tuner for this? If so will it do 16apsk? 3982V 1035 is hot right now on 95w.

Pixl
03-13-2013, 03:01 AM
I did not buy the S-2 tuner as I already have several boxes that I use for that. What I didn't have is turbo and ATSC, this configuration addresses that and was working well UNTIL... I started having freeze up of the picture on the turbo HD only channels. The box runs quite hot and I discovered the tuner was the source of most of the heat. I contacted the dealer that sold it to me, Allstar Wholesales, they had me run a few checks and are sending me a new tuner. A bit of a set back but I'm happy the dealer is working with me on this. I'll post the results.

cpr43
03-24-2013, 03:07 PM
Hello pixl

I'm looking forward to get a stb which can handle OTA. Have you tested the ATSC tuner yet to see if it works in USA??? I know the FTA will work using the S2 board. Will the unit can be purchase with the S2 and the ATSC tuner boards????Also, havent heard back from you on the channel editor, did you finally got it?? What is the firmware version thet was able to activate or able to see the added tuner boards?? Thanks

Carlos

Pixl
03-25-2013, 08:43 AM
The ATSC tuner works great. Very good sensitivity, and steady picture. The fun part is that it scans the tv bands and displays the results in the same format that the box does for FTA sats.
I have not found an editor that works with the Jynxbox format. The PVR-800 editor will read and display all data except channels. Then if you make some edits and reload the file it crashes the box, requires a rs-232 recovery to get back to factory defaults. At least the recovery procedure works, so you can experiment with other editors without permanently bricking the box.
Current stable FW ver. is 2.3.3 there are newer releases but some problems have been reported.

cpr43
03-25-2013, 02:01 PM
I see there is a Loader and an channel editor in diferent files in the pro eye patch site but you need to pay in order to dowmload:puke2:

Pixl
03-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Your files have been sent via e-mail.
Ok with me to post them on this site if you find them useful.
They came off a site in Germany that was more friendly than most with no fees.

cpr43
03-25-2013, 07:02 PM
Thank you so much!! Already got it!! Still we need to try to get the Channel Editor!!:thankyou:

kodaz
06-14-2013, 09:34 AM
i have been away from this a bit, i was wondering if the box is still showing solid support, or did they forget about it?