PDA

View Full Version : X2 March 8/13-1167_130306 - Discussion

ViP3R
03-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Discuss this Topic here.

cpr43
03-08-2013, 08:31 AM
URGENT!!!

A WARNING note should be add to the release!!

Do not try to load previous backup DATABASE from beta firmware. It will brick or stuck the box!!! Nothing will work!! I have to recover the box using the X2 Loader. Then re-load the new firmware and re-scan all my sats!!

Carlos

ViP3R
03-08-2013, 08:36 AM
URGENT!!!

A WARNING note should be add to the release!!

Do not try to load previous backup DATABASE from beta firmware. It will brick or stuck the box!!! Nothing will work!! I have to recover the box using the X2 Loader. Then re-load the new firmware and re-scan all my sats!!

Carlos

Thanks carlos, only a few people here had access to the beta firmware, So they can heed your warning.

I would suggest those who had the beta firmware roll back to the last official release before upgrading to the new file.

cpr43
03-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Still NO way to add audio AC3 to Bounce TV on 103W:thumbdown:

ViP3R
03-08-2013, 10:33 AM
It would be nice to hear what has been fixed or added with some details.

We can get to what needs done after.

Pixl, when you get a chance would you load the file and give some feedback please. and all X2 owners of course.

hags
03-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Where is this firmware from?

Why is it in beta, was it tested prior to release?

As per the description in the files section, how does it "Improve the performance" ?

ViP3R
03-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Where is this firmware from?

Why is it in beta, was it tested prior to release?

As per the description in the files section, how does it "Improve the performance" ?

The firmware is not beta hags, this is an official release from X2 emailed to me.

We did have a previous beta file to test the PID.

Now it's up to X2 owners to give feedback on the release notes.

hags
03-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Ok, I didn't see it on their website.

So the previous warning regarding not loading your saved data after installation still applies then?

ViP3R
03-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Ok, I didn't see it on their website.

So the previous warning regarding not loading your saved data after installation still applies then?

That only applies to those who were running the beta file.

Costactc
03-08-2013, 01:46 PM
I haven't loaded this file yet but will do later on. Just wondering if the audio and video info are now being displayed?

Costactc
03-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Just flashed my X2 and I see the pid entry part and the clock and date seem to be spot on. Bummer, no audio or video info- sure hope this is addressed in the next file.

ViP3R
03-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Just flashed my X2 and I see the pid entry part and the clock and date seem to be spot on. Bummer, no audio or video info- sure hope this is addressed in the next file.

We all like to see that info and should not be hard to add, I just sent a request to have it added as well as AC3, it was requested before as well, let's hope they can add soon.

cpr43
03-08-2013, 02:49 PM

pid entry is only to add the pid within a TP. It doesnt scan the channel in ,so it defaults to regular SD video and regular mpeg2 audio. If the pid to be added is SD w/ regular audio is fine but if the pid to be added is H.264 and AC3 audio then it will not work.

Costactc
03-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Excellent picture quality and blind scan is lightning fast. No issues on Filmon channel on Ses 2 at 87w as with the openbox x5. The sat list is much more complete then before but some are still missing like:

Ses 2 at 87w

Simon Bolivar at 78w

Galaxy 17 at 91w

I have just started rescanning sats so I'm not quite sure yet if any others are missing. The sat list is also all over the place, would be better to see it listed 1 after another from Atlantic to American satellites. I really like this receiver and once the info is added I'm sure to be keeping this as my main c band scanner along with my azbox premium+.

Costactc
03-08-2013, 05:14 PM
I've noticed that the clock is quite accurate but the date defaults back to 1971.

GetBit03
03-09-2013, 03:10 AM
O.K. just loaded mine up. Clock is still way way off, as is date! Lost my Sat list and channels I had scanned in. MAD!! Just spent an hour putting the sat list back in, the channels are going to take much longer since its a slight challenge with a 6 footer, I get 95% of them but it takes some time! Don't know what I did wrong, I even backed up to USB before I switched and tried to reload my backup to find it's default? I backed up my database but it didn't save? Question, what good is 64 DISEqC positions if you can only turn 32 Satellites on from the list? I wouldn't of upgraded but I saw 64 positions and jumped. DOH! Next time I'll ask first and think twice!

cpr43
03-09-2013, 06:18 AM
O.K. just loaded mine up. Clock is still way way off, as is date! Lost my Sat list and channels I had scanned in. MAD!! Just spent an hour putting the sat list back in, the channels are going to take much longer since its a slight challenge with a 6 footer, I get 95% of them but it takes some time! Don't know what I did wrong, I even backed up to USB before I switched and tried to reload my backup to find it's default? I backed up my database but it didn't save? Question, what good is 64 DISEqC positions if you can only turn 32 Satellites on from the list? I wouldn't of upgraded but I saw 64 positions and jumped. DOH! Next time I'll ask first and think twice!

I added a big Warning in the first released page of the post.I went thru the same process. Looks like ALL previous database will not work or load with the new release. I thought it was only me since I was running a previous Beta version. In my case which I dont run a motor there isnt much of improve. Pid scan still wont work properly. Like you, I shouldnt update if I know.:mad:

Costactc
03-09-2013, 06:26 AM
I usually back up all my info but very rarely do I actually transfer it back. I like working with virgin receivers so I'll be sending the bud over to 11w and starting over and creating my own sat list again from scratch for c band. I noticed that the clock also needs some attention, every time you power up you need to adjust it.

ViP3R
03-09-2013, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the feedback guy's, I passed on all your findings.

GetBit03
03-09-2013, 10:30 AM
I saw your post Carlos but I didn't think I was running BETA? It wouldn't be a big deal to just rescan as I have all my positions written down for the V-Box but it takes me some time to scan because with the 6 foot dish I have to enter and adjust some transponders manually and unhook my KU motor and dish. Oh well live and learn! Maybe we can get a Computer based Channel and transponder editing software soon, that would be nice, I know why they send two remotes I'm gonna wear the first one out!

Gary Bidwell
03-09-2013, 10:53 AM
I have loaded the update and reput in the sats from 55 west to 139 west. I was able to have 65 sats active. I will upload in a few minutes . Is a more complete list of north America sats. If you add more than 65 sats even if it is not actived it messes up the list of sats.

hags
03-09-2013, 10:56 AM
This box is getting a pretty bad beating on another site b/c of some of the menus in the new firmware.

I don't go that route but as an FTA receiver this is a pretty good one.

eastof111
03-09-2013, 11:31 AM
I slowed down on my scanning with other receivers considerably, but with the X2 and the fast scan it makes it worth while. Let the naysayers on the other forum continue their groupie fun; they don't know what they're missing.

ViP3R
03-09-2013, 11:48 AM
This box is getting a pretty bad beating on another site b/c of some of the menus in the new firmware.

I don't go that route but as an FTA receiver this is a pretty good one.

I read that as well, Just because something is in a menu does mean everyone uses it on any device, and I think everyone knows they have files there from all sorts of boxes capable of theft of service.
Let's face it any box with an internet connection or rs232 or ttl that can be added to rs232 could in theory be used for theft of service.

This site is devoted to true and legal FTA and no one can control what people do with any box, as long as it does not happen here it not my business.

The bashing is basically because this is a pretty nice box for 52 dollars and at a much lower price than their home site sponsors box.

I also read were icecube say's why not upload here rather than having people register there to download. I believe you have to be a registered member there to download a file.

Sour grapes...blah blah blah

ViP3R
03-09-2013, 11:55 AM
I have loaded the update and reput in the sats from 55 west to 139 west. I was able to have 65 sats active. I will upload in a few minutes . Is a more complete list of north America sats. If you add more than 65 sats even if it is not actived it messes up the list of sats.

Very good..I hope poster number 16 reads your post...lol

hags
03-09-2013, 12:15 PM
The bashing is basically because this is a pretty nice box for 52 dollars and at a much lower price than their home site sponsors box.

Yep, I would agree.

rrob311
03-09-2013, 05:43 PM
So will this new firmware allow you to have more than 32 satellites in channel memory? I have not had a chance to load it yet and am more interested in having more birds with channels in the list.

GetBit03
03-10-2013, 03:38 AM
I have the new firmware loaded and I just tried it again, I can not activate more than 32 birds from the list?? What am I missing, I have 64 Satellites in my list??

Gary Bidwell
03-10-2013, 08:11 AM
Did you do a factory reset ? I uploaded a file with more complete sat list

hags
03-10-2013, 08:23 AM
When I turn on the X2 with the new firmware installed it starts up on a menu screen regardless of where I was prior to shutdown.

????

hags
03-10-2013, 08:50 AM
You mean a factory reset after you upload and install the new firmware?

Why would you do that? I don't see anything in the manual about that.

I'm just asking and not being confrontational.

GetBit03
03-10-2013, 01:33 PM
I've already loaded all my satellites manually back into the box, I don't need a list I have made my own for the fourth time. I've confirmed the firmware is the correct version. How do I save my current Satellite list so I can do a factory reset? I'm not loosing the list again. IDK what I'm missing. When I select satellites I get to 33 and it won't turn on.

Costactc
03-10-2013, 01:49 PM
I've already loaded all my satellites manually back into the box, I don't need a list I have made my own for the fourth time. I've confirmed the firmware is the correct version. How do I save my current Satellite list so I can do a factory reset? I'm not loosing the list again. IDK what I'm missing. When I select satellites I get to 33 and it won't turn on.

Menu
Setup
Upgrade + Backup
Backup to Usb

That will keep your list.

cpr43
03-10-2013, 03:08 PM
You can also make a database backup inside your box which will not be erase by the factory and you can restore as you wish

frige
03-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Having trouble getting the unit to upgrade. Every time I try it says upgrade failed. I unzipped it with 7 zip. Could that be a problem?

hags
03-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Having trouble getting the unit to upgrade. Every time I try it says upgrade failed. I unzipped it with 7 zip. Could that be a problem?

I doubt it, that's what I used.

Create a folder on your USB and then extract to that.

rrob311
03-10-2013, 06:16 PM
frige have you been able to upgrade that box before with the storage device you are using?

cpr43
03-10-2013, 06:29 PM

Are you upgrading via Internet or USB??

rrob311
03-11-2013, 07:02 AM
I am having the same problem with it saying upgrade failed. I tried network and USB and get the same thing.

rrob311
03-11-2013, 07:38 AM
just tried the upgrade on my other X2 and it went through fine. I am going to factory default the other receiver and try it again. Now my 2nd receiver seems to not want to load the sat list with the new firmware like noted above. Hopefully there is a way to get a new list to load.

rrob311
03-11-2013, 08:01 AM
I just loaded Gary's list and it seems to take it. I tried Costa's list and my old one and neither would load.

frige
03-11-2013, 12:18 PM
frige have you been able to upgrade that box before with the storage device you are using?
Yes I have used the same flashdrive to upgrade it before. I went back in to the drive and deleted everything except the new upgrade and it still does it. I will play with it a little more later.

Question how do you program the satellites on this box? The only way I can figure out is to go out to the dish and run the motor by hand. There must be a easier way...

rrob311
03-11-2013, 12:23 PM
I program all of my Ku satellites VIA USALS.(I am running an sg2100 motor) I don't use diseqc settings for my Cband satellites because I use a dsr-920 to move them.

Costactc
03-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Yes I have used the same flashdrive to upgrade it before. I went back in to the drive and deleted everything except the new upgrade and it still does it. I will play with it a little more later.

Question how do you program the satellites on this box? The only way I can figure out is to go out to the dish and run the motor by hand. There must be a easier way...

Although it has been a while, I used to program my sats with diseqc 1.2 one sat at a time and saving the positions.

rrob311
03-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Costa were you able to load your sat list with this new firmware? I am unable to load any of the previous sat lists.

Costactc
03-11-2013, 01:30 PM
I haven't even tried Rob, I'll get back to you bud.

Costactc
03-11-2013, 01:36 PM
Costa were you able to load your sat list with this new firmware? I am unable to load any of the previous sat lists.

All loaded up Rob, no problem at all.

rrob311
03-12-2013, 07:59 AM
I just moved the dish to 95w to check the 16apsk signals and I am unable to get a lock with the X2. 3982V 1035 is relatively strong but it won't lock with this receiver. :-(

I just got it to lock at 65% quality for a split second but unable to scan. Maybe somebody with a bigger dish or better tuned dish can try to get these. It seems the receiver should do 16apsk but I am having trouble locking these where a few of my other receivers are able to play them with low quality readings.

Gary Bidwell
03-13-2013, 06:28 AM
There has been a lot of sun flares during the few days,Which might be giving you problems on locking on some tansponders

rrob311
03-13-2013, 08:22 AM
These come in fine with the GM Triplex and Openbox S10 receivers.

Gary Bidwell
03-13-2013, 11:06 AM
Have made sure that your setting for the lnb are correct for the type you have ?

mengram
03-13-2013, 11:07 AM
This tp comes in on my Manhattan but not on Eyebox X5 or the Optibox Raptor.

mengram

Gary Bidwell
03-14-2013, 06:54 AM
Have you checked the lnb settings ?

rrob311
03-14-2013, 08:48 AM
Ya the settings are proper. All of the other channels on the bird come in fine. I think it may work but I would just need a bigger dish to get a lock. I wont be able to check with my 13 footer for at least a few weeks.

Gary Bidwell
03-14-2013, 11:17 AM
Let us know when get the big dish up and runing

rrob311
03-26-2013, 05:28 AM
I have next sunday, monday and tuesday off so maybe I can set the dish up then. I I figured out how to get the new firmware to load in the X2. I had to load one of the original firmwares and then load the newest firmware afterwards. I still cannot figure out how to get the sat list to load. The sat list that comes up is disorganized and it is annoying.

Frige, did you figure out your receiver yet? We had the same problem I think being stuck with the october firmware. You just need to load the earlier firmware.

Costactc
03-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Pole in the ground yet Rob? I got fed up with the sat list not being in order so I deleted all of them and started from scratch at 11w and set up each one in proper order as my arc thread goes. Great receiver and waiting for my second one to slap on my ku feed.

cpr43
03-26-2013, 03:12 PM
Pole in the ground yet Rob? I got fed up with the sat list not being in order so I deleted all of them and started from scratch at 11w and set up each one in proper order as my arc thread goes. Great receiver and waiting for my second one to slap on my ku feed.

Costa
Can you post when you a chance a database updated using the new firm from march?? I did updated mine just with my dishes. It will be great to have an update with the USA arc including the most recent TPs and in order. I havent being able toload previous databases. Thanks!!

Costactc
03-26-2013, 03:22 PM
No problemo Carlos, once I get to Galaxy 13 at 127 w I'll post it. Keep in mind that the list will only have all my c band sats, arc thread to follow on ku band when I get my other x2 and install my prime focus invacom twf-031.

cpr43
03-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Okee
Gracias!!

rrob311
03-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Costa my 13' dish is folded up on the trailer so I just need to point it at 95w next week hopefully so I can test the 16apsk feeds. The trailer has 4 jacks, one on each corner of it that stabilize the trailer. Then there is a hand crank to adjust dish elevation. Side to side movement is accomplished by swinging the dish back and forth on the pole that is mounted to the trailer.

The sat list on the x2 is so screwed up now I haven't bothered trying to make a new list. I just scan whatever sat I want to watch and then take it from there.