Discuss this Topic here.

Firmware Download Link: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

sacket
03-28-2013, 12:16 PM
If I load this firmware and try it would it be
possible to go back to official firmware that came with the azbox

el bandido
03-28-2013, 02:24 PM
There are files included with this download to take you back to the official firmware but I have not tried it yet.
Some screenshots and some notes will be posted in this thread later this afternoon. EB

iq180
03-28-2013, 03:09 PM
if this firmware is openrsi openpli, I did try it when it first came out and i was not happy with it, no blind scan, on TP scan it would scan CHs
in but when you would go to the CH list there was nothing there, HDD was not working, and the file that they say will get you back to
official firmware don't work, in fact I had to use JAZUP by hector & PR2 to get back to official firmware.
one more thing before you load this firmware you need to know your azbox ip address, you will need it to go back to official firmware.

chewie
03-28-2013, 04:14 PM
I try this AlonzoRevolution v2 , it looks very nice, but is to slow, Open SPA spaze just came out with a new vesion and is working good so far, of course they all have bugs and no blind scan.
Regards.
Chewie

iq180
03-28-2013, 04:51 PM
I try this AlonzoRevolution v2 , it looks very nice, but is to slow, Open SPA spaze just came out with a new vesion and is working good so far, of course they all have bugs and no blind scan.
Regards.
Chewie
a good blind scan is a must have for true fta, before you load any firmware to an azbox read, read, then read some more
until you under stand how to do it and how to undo it.
I am trying to help a member at another site now that loaded open pli and now is in boot loop, jtag on an azbox is no joke,
in fact I think I will just have them mail it to me,LOL.

ViP3R
03-28-2013, 04:59 PM
a good blind scan is a must have for true fta, before you load any firmware to an azbox read, read, then read some more
until you under stand how to do it and how to undo it.
I am trying to help a member at another site now that loaded open pli and now is in boot loop, jtag on an azbox is no joke,
in fact I think I will just have them mail it to me,LOL.

This may help the member on the other site.

iq180
03-28-2013, 05:20 PM
This may help the member on the other site.
LOL, if it don't come with a BRAIN its not going to help that member,LOL.

ViP3R
03-28-2013, 05:22 PM
LOL, if it don't come with a BRAIN its not going to help that member,LOL.

The old saying, reading is fundamental..

I think you need an avatar..Let me hook you up..

chewie
03-28-2013, 06:30 PM
there is a plugin that I like is call TSsatEditor 2.0, with alonzo software you can just download it using the receiver, go to plugins/press the green button to download more plugins and look under extentions, it downloads it and installs it.
check it out.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
03-28-2013, 07:54 PM
Post the Open SPA spaze firmware and I will try it.

Files for a return to the official firmware are included in the Alonzo Revolution v2 download. I will check and see if they work at a later time.
The Alonzo Revolution v2 firmware does have a blind scan. Satscan is the blindscan and it does work but it is extremely slow.

Here are a couple of screenshots taken during a blind scan of 87W ku.

chewie
03-28-2013, 09:29 PM
here is the Open Spa files

iq180
03-29-2013, 10:12 AM
there is a plugin that I like is call TSsatEditor 2.0, with alonzo software you can just download it using the receiver, go to plugins/press the green button to download more plugins and look under extentions, it downloads it and installs it.
check it out.
Regards.
Chewie
what does this plugin do, and is there a internet URL for it.

chewie
03-29-2013, 01:49 PM
hello ig 180
here is some of the things it can do;
TS-satEditor 2.0.0 by mfaraj57
complete management for satellites and transponders

features:
-adding,editing and removing satellites and transponders
-information and statistics of transponders and satellite
-updating satellites.xml from internet
-downloading settings from popular settings servers
-updating and adding satellites from lyngsat.com
-compatible with sd and hd skins
-plugin appears in channels scan menu and plugins menu
-simple interfaces and tables

If you have the AZBOX receiver make sure the receiver is connected to the internet than go to Plugins/press green bottton to download more plugins and I think is under system plugins or extentions..
if you have the alonzo firm you can download the plug in and it will install it for you.
I had the Open RSI Firm and now the Open Spa firm but is not installing it for some reason, it comes up with this error - Some plugins are not available
SystemPlugins/TSsatEditor
(Bad magic numberIn/usr/llb/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/TSsatEditor/plugin.pyo

I don't know what this means, but I am working on it.
If you want to download the plugin just google it, many sites have it and you can download the files.
Hope this helps.
Regards.
Chewie

ViP3R
03-29-2013, 02:03 PM
Thanks chewie,

I uploaded it here >>>> [Only registered and activated users can see links]

el bandido
03-31-2013, 08:37 AM
Going back to official firmware was not a problem. Use AZup to load the E2 patch file that is in the "BackToOfficial" folder. You will see the rescue menu once this E2 patch has been loaded.

chewie
04-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Hello Gents
OpenPli Alonzo_REVOLUTION_V 8.0 was just released, it is much better than the Version 2.1, to me is a lot faster and some added new features, installed it last night and so far no problems.
Try it at your own risk.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
04-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Excellent!
Also, download and try the SatScan plugin. It is a very slow blindscan but it is better than nothing! EB

el bandido
04-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Do you think making the flash DOM any bigger will help with E2 speed?
I ordered this to test: Transcend TS1GDOM40V-S 1GB 40PIN IDE FLASH MODULE SMI

chewie
04-02-2013, 08:49 AM
I don't know if it would make it perform better, there has been some talk on this matter at the SPA team forum, i will take a look at it and see what they say and let you know, or if you can read spanish go check it out.
let us know if it does make any improvement.
Regarding this firm, i try to set up the WIFI and unable to get it going, have you try it out yet?
let me know.
Regards.
Chewie

sacket
04-02-2013, 09:48 AM
My box has firmware 0.9.5308 loaded now. If I try OpenPli Alonzo_REVOLUTION_V 8.0 and don't like it it's possible to go back to factory firmware then reload firmware ver 0.9.5308, easy as that.
Thanks.

el bandido
04-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Again, It is not a problem to change from factory or official firmware to E2 or from E2 to official. the files and instructions to do this are included in the Alonzo_REVOLUTION_V 8.0 download. EB

sacket
04-02-2013, 12:11 PM
I might try this to get accustomed to loading software with azup, yes, thanks.

chewie
04-02-2013, 12:18 PM
hello EB
I been talking to Alonzo on the Slow Satscan he recomended to install Version 1.4, last time I look on the section where you download more plugins that is the version of the Satscan, is this what you have?. I also ask about adding more memory to the DOM, here is his answer.

Orijinal Mesaj Sahibi chewie
Hello Mr. Alonzo
Thanks for your quick replay, I believe this is the same version you can download from the web under plugins, I will check it out.
One more question, do you think by increasing the size of the DOM will make the system run faster, I been reading about it and there is some people that say no, and some people say yes.
Please let me know.
Regards.
Chewie

Alonzo response below
[/B]Can install other friends this plugin.
Thread was good to ask, thank you.

Faster is new DOM's read and write speeds. May be system opening faster.

But a lot more can be installed, more plugins, picons, skins, exc...
Large disk would be good.

Regards.

He posted the files for Satscan 1.4 and instructions, if you like i can post them here.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
04-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Excellent!
Please post the files here in the AzBox files section.
Thanks. EB

el bandido
04-05-2013, 08:46 PM
I installed the new 1 Gig DOM today without any issues. E2 ran a lot smoother after this upgrade. EB

chewie
04-05-2013, 10:01 PM
how is the satscan doing after the upgrade? i try on mine and is to slow,

chewie
04-05-2013, 10:08 PM
forgot something else, there is more choices of skins, i switch from the the green skin to the AzBoxHd_Navy, to me it seems faster, and there is the PLI-HD to me it seems the fastest.
I like the Navy skin.
check it out.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
04-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Satscan is the same. Cannot tell any difference in speed.
I also noticed C band will not work for me in satscan.

The bigger DOM seems to make E2 move faster and load quicker, but not much else has changed. I am not to worried about how many plug-ins I have now.

:tiphat2:

iq180
04-06-2013, 09:00 AM
can you add Priority Manager plugin to this firmware, Priority Manager was added to official firmware 5400 & 5402 to speed up blind scan,
it does this by killing every thing that you don't need at the time of the scan.