PDA

View Full Version : X2 EZ-Manage Tool Editor - Discussion

ViP3R
04-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Discuss this Topic here.

cpr43
04-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Mission accomplished!! Still some small issues to work but its a great milestone.:cool3:

mit251
04-06-2013, 02:22 AM
To me still write:
Error3346:Number of query values and destination fields aren't the same.

Gary Bidwell
04-06-2013, 07:40 AM
Need to make sure you are using latest firmware, and you have done a factory reset , does not work on back up of old firmware. I have uploaded a db and user db you can start with db works best. Load new firmware than the db I uploaded it is the march 30 updated sat list. I have found it works good using it to load with serial cable. You can only open data base and user db with the editor.

mit251
04-06-2013, 08:58 AM
I'm using the latest firmware. DB write to USB, as it is written in the instructions. Still not working. Writes: Error3346: Number of query values ​​and destination fields aren't the same. And using serial cable, to edit channels, is idiotic.
Most ugliest channel editor from all which have ever used.

cpr43
04-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Hey Guys
Why not to explain what you people are doing in a completed way and in english!! Are you using any secret code to communicate??? I can't hardly understand what your problem are?? I have made many database backups copies to my USB. I have open all of them using EZM v1.0.7 and able to see my channels, sats, TPs etc etc.
Using March 30 2013 firmware. USB formatted to FAT32. When the Error3346 is happening??? When doing the database backup to your USB?? Or when trying to open the saved database with the EZM??

mit251
04-06-2013, 11:06 AM
When trying to open the saved database with the EZM.

cpr43
04-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Make sure the USB is formatted to FAT32. Copy what you have in it to a temp file in your computer. Format the USB to FAT32 and make a new database backup. Also, make sure you have March 30 firmware and EZM version v1.0.7. Try to open the file again

eastof111
04-06-2013, 11:46 AM
It is a rather cumbersome editor to use, but then again, it's a FREE program.

mit251
04-06-2013, 12:31 PM
All manufacturers of receivers have free channel editor.

ViP3R
04-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Some issues can be PC related and not editor related, saying that it is a new editor and probably will have bugs I would expect that of any new modified program., file ect.
It may not be the best editor, but if it works then good for X2..It shows they are trying to support this cheap box.

Any issues people have should explain as best they can in the most detail as possible, saying it don't work won't get anything fixed for the future.

Gary Bidwell
04-07-2013, 06:58 AM
The problem is you are trying to open a file other than Share bank (user base) or the backup all (data base) file , the editor will save many types of files but will only open 2 types the shared user db(user base) and the backup all(data base), if you try to open others it says Number of query values ​​and destination fields aren't the same. if the file is from old version of editor , old ver. of firmware or corrupt it will say the same thing. It will also say the same error if you have made changes to some of the setting in the editor program .I found it works best if you use a serial cable and download from receiver saving as db or shared base.

el bandido
04-07-2013, 07:51 AM
Channel editors are supposed to be pretty? Have you tried the Ali Editor to see what an ugly editor looks like?

RS232 ports are a very crude but effective way of transferring information. Receivers like the Manhattan RS1933, the MicroHd, and the AZBox Premium Plus do not have a RS232 Serial port connector. These receivers do have pins on the board inside the case to connect a TTL RS232 device. Why? Because when you need to recover a receiver, RS232 is a good way to get it done!
USB was supposed to make the RS232 connector obsolete, but there are still things you can do with RS232 that cannot be done with USB.

The X² is a fifty dollar receiver. You cannot expect to get a lot for fifty dollars but the X² will blind scan better than the Optixox Raptor, the MicroHD, the Amiko Alien, the AZBox Premium Plus, or the Golden Media TripleX on most satellites. EB

hags
04-08-2013, 08:52 AM
I can do everything accept save an edited satellite/channel list, and frankly the manual is worthless.

Can somebody give me a heads up on that?

cpr43
04-08-2013, 10:52 AM
hags
Can you explain what do you want to do to see if I can help??? Do you want to rename, move some channels?? I will put together a step by step instructions for you.

hags
04-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Sure, I've save a db to a memory stick. I save it to my computer, edit it with the program and then I save it. Then when I try to reopen it I get a "Db file does not match .............". After that message I get a "Network total number = 0", and then nothing.

?

The saved file will be open in EZ-Manage but with no info anywhere.

cpr43
04-08-2013, 12:29 PM
OK, this is the way I do it and its working fine.

1- Save the database to the USB called X2.ssu
2- Load the USB to your PC. Open the EZM editor. Open the file from your USB called X2.ssu
3- Without doing anything go to SAVE AS, choose YES to modify Header. Write X2 Database in the software section. Choose save as Sharebank and save the file as X2 Database.ssu to a folder in your PC.
4- Without doing anything and while in the EZM editor go to TV CHANNELS. Open the SORT option folder below. Scroll down and choose LOGICAL CHANELS
5- From here make all the necessary changes- Rename- Move etc etc. NOTE: All channels that you rename need to be change to SERVICE ID 0 (cero). By doing this
the new name wont be erase after future blindscannings. It will still add the channels at the end of the list but will keep the new name where you placed them.
6- After finishing all changes save the file (same name you previously save).
7- Erase from your computer and the USB the previously database file save as X2.ssu
8- Rename the new saved file called X2 Database.ssu as X2.ssu.
9- Copy the file to your USB.
10- Copy the new firmware dated March 30 2013 to your USB too.
11- Load the USB to you X2 box.
12- Load the March 30 2013 firmware to the X2 box first
13- Once it reboots, your box should be clean without channels.
14- Load the new database X2.ssu via the Upgrade and Backup option.

When it reboots you will have your new database with all your changes in it. Note: Make sure all the rename channels have already choose the correct audio option before doing the database backup

Make an internal database backup on DATABASE BACKUP for future.

hags
04-08-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm gonna give that try in a few minutes, thanks for the info!!!

Very much appreciated.

cpr43
04-09-2013, 06:50 PM
Does anyone have heard if the X7 firmware can be loaded in a X2??? Is there any way to make a dump of the firmware on the X7?? I also see the X7 is gone from everywhere??

sorkhfam
04-19-2013, 01:34 AM
hi
i have problem at the install EZM manege tool:
after install show error according to (ezm error 1.jpg).

after ok that button ---> instal is finish.
so if want open EZM show new error according to (ezm error 2.jpg).

please help me and remove way for that errors.
tanx

sorkhfam
04-19-2013, 01:52 AM
hi
i have problem at the install EZM manege tool:
after install show error according to (ezm error 1.jpg).

after ok that button ---> instal is finish.
so if want open EZM show new error according to (ezm error 2.jpg).
Click image for larger version. Name: ezm error 2.jpg Views: 1 Size: 20.8 KB ID: 5037

please help me and remove way for that errors.
tanx

Gary Bidwell
04-19-2013, 06:41 AM
I would try installing it again as administrator and run as administrator.

cpr43
04-19-2013, 07:24 AM
You are installing the EZM directly to the windows folder. Try changing the installation address to C:\Program Files\. When you run the setup_1.0.7.A.exe make sure you're running as Administrator on your computer

ViP3R
04-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Your system may also be missing the MSCOMM32.OCX file..you can google this file, download and copy to your system32 folder on your PC.
You may be missing the dll file and you can do the same procedure with this.

sorkhfam
04-19-2013, 12:32 PM
You are installing the EZM directly to the windows folder. Try changing the installation address to C:\Program Files\. When you run the setup_1.0.7.A.exe make sure you're running as Administrator on your computer

ViP3R
ViP3R is online now The Master of Disaster
Your system may also be missing the MSCOMM32.OCX file..you can google this file, download and copy to your system32 folder on your PC.
You may be missing the dll file and you can do the same procedure with this.

hi
thank you for your reply
i instal EZM run as Administrator ; but i have old problem.
windows folder have MSCOMM32.OCX and not need for system32 folder ; but i copy MSCOMM32.OCX to system32 folder ; but i have old problem.