PDA

View Full Version : RCA 3036 vhf/uhf antenna

rrob311
04-16-2013, 12:57 PM
I picked up one of these from Lowes a little over a year ago to replace my failed ebay special that I had. I do not have a rotator or amp setup on it but the VHF reception is outstanding. I can get my local PBS channels now without an amp. The uhf reception is not the best but I do have many trees nearby blocking my line of sight. I am sure with the proper amp I would be able to get more consistent uhf reception from my location.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

I think they list for around 80-90$ I happened to go to a store closing sale and paid around 50$ I think. Well worth the money imo if you have channels to be had in your area.

ViP3R
04-16-2013, 01:07 PM
From what I remember seeing at my sisters place an OTA HD picture is pretty hard to beat..To bad many of us live in the boonies..But I guess this is where FTA comes in.

rrob311
04-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Ya that is why I got into FTA, not many channels to be had where I am being blocked by the hills. If I was 1 mile away up on a hill, I would be able to get 50+ channels. Next house I buy I will definitely look for one on a hill for this reason and for a full satellite arc as well.

ViP3R
04-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Ya that is why I got into FTA, not many channels to be had where I am being blocked by the hills. If I was 1 mile away up on a hill, I would be able to get 50+ channels. Next house I buy I will definitely look for one on a hill for this reason and for a full satellite arc as well.

I guess that old real estate saying is true...location, location, location....lol

easily confused
04-16-2013, 02:34 PM
A rotar is definitely a huge help. I think our reception is helped, a lot, by the fact that the antenna is sitting on top of a 50' tower. This eliminates any problem that the trees, close to the house, would have caused. I have an old Channel Master but can even remember the model number. I had a new CM 7777 pre-amp installed, last year, and that made a huge difference.