PDA

View Full Version : X2 Premium HD June 27 Official release - Discussion

ViP3R
06-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Discuss this Topic here.

Please find the last software in attached file which is released today , And is exclusive to LegiFTA and in next two days we will publish it online in our official website.

What's New:

1- Fix the 64 Satellite Store position
2- Improve AC3 Audio
3- New and full Americas Satellites
4- Add more extension in Media player
5- Add 1080i 60Hz.

Will solve in next two weeks:
1- Solve time problem
2- Duplicate Channels in Blind Scan (Please we need SSU Backup file to be send after the search)
3- Channel Edition we still work on it
4- New function we will also add it in next software (We will have Beta version for it first).

ViP3R
06-27-2013, 02:28 PM
For those who test the new file please post any issues or missing fixes so I can try and have them included in the next release..

Thank you in advance.

Costactc
06-27-2013, 02:44 PM
No mention of audio/video info?

ViP3R
06-27-2013, 02:46 PM

No mention..we will have to wait for someone to load it and see..I did put that high on the list..if not, I will press for this in the next release.

cpr43
06-27-2013, 02:51 PM
As a suggestion I see Mrs Wang sent beta files to several persons including the doctor at satguys. The release or make public of beta files have happens before and we need to close the gap to keep control over it. The double or duplicate scanning channels and the constant complain about the time going back 1970 came out of there. I have never have duplicates on all my X2s unless there is a wrong setting on the lnb. They over there look any way to throw misfunctions bugs without proof just to make look bad the X2.

Also, we keep asking to include the Whats new release note inside the file as a txt file

ViP3R
06-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Also guy's please take note.

Duplicate Channels in Blind Scan (Please we need SSU Backup file to be send after the search)

So if someone does experience dups please feel free to post the SSU here so I can forward to X2 so they can take a look at what the problem may be.

ViP3R
06-27-2013, 02:53 PM
As a suggestion I see Mrs Wang sent beta files to several persons including the doctor at satguys. The release or make public of beta files have happens before and we need to close the gap to keep control over it. The double or duplicate scanning channels and the constant complain about the time going back 1970 came out of there. I have never have duplicates on all my X2s unless there is a wrong setting on the lnb. They over there look any way to throw misfunctions bugs without proof just to make look bad the X2.

I agree Carlos, the problem may be setup or settings for some,, but x2 is willing to look to see if there is indeed an issue.

ViP3R
06-27-2013, 02:57 PM

Also, we keep asking to include the Whats new release note inside the file as a txt file

Regarding the bold..this is easy for anyone to do,, But let them come to LegitFTA to read the release notes..:)

ViP3R
06-27-2013, 03:09 PM
[/B]

Regarding the bold..this is easy for anyone to do,, But let them come to LegitFTA to read the release notes..:)

There you go Carlos, Please download the updated file including release notes...:yes2:

cpr43
06-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Wrong g boton hitted again sorry i wish that boton is remove, is so embarras to hit by mistake and no way to undo

cpr43
06-27-2013, 03:42 PM
There you go Carlos, Please download the updated file including release notes...:yes2:

Just to see them yelling I posted there just the releases notes will wait for the official release of the file to post it there

ViP3R
06-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Just to see them yelling I posted there just the releases notes will wait for the official release of the file to post it there

This file is the official,, they may drop in to LegitFTA if they wish...

cpr43
06-27-2013, 04:11 PM
I agree Carlos, the problem may be setup or settings for some,, but x2 is willing to look to see if there is indeed an issue.

I dont understand how they sent out the beta just yesterday and without giving time to feedback they go ahead and do the release. I have experience several freezes on the box using this version that hasnt occured before. Since I saw the media player extension note I hooked my HDD to see if another formats were added to play and the box has re-boot a couple of times. Also I noticed the NO SERVICE sign is not going away and a power reset is required to erase it. I modified one of my oldest X2 and added it a rocket swith by the side for this purpose.

MikeB
06-27-2013, 06:58 PM
My opinion on the duplicates, knowing that a few SatGuys have bandstacked lnb's, is that those getting duplicate ARE using bandstacked lnb's... Even the MicroHD had that problem at first, and I've heard of other receivers with that issue.

We could clarify that by asking anybody that gets duplicates to elaborate their systems, and see if my supposition is correct.

I may be new here, but I'm not new to fta satellite in general.

rrob311
06-27-2013, 08:39 PM
The satellite list looks pretty good. I may be able to build a serious channel list now.

el bandido
06-27-2013, 11:14 PM
There are many improvements in this new firmware as compared to previous firmwares. Here are some of my observations:
YouTube Works.
Weather Forecaster works for the Atlanta, Ga. area.
The Satellite List has improved
USALS Settings are stored without issue
Stored Satellite Limit = 34 Instead of the advertised 64.
A SINGLE blindscan of AMC 8 at 139W gave me close 500 audio channels.
AAC audio on 139W appears to work for me.
The Blindscan does not duplicate channels for me on the satellites that I have tested.

You are going to have complaints about this receiver on other internet forums and this is to be expected. Some of these complaints will be valid while others will be nothing but fantasies. The X² was reported as being an illegal receiver a long time ago by its U.S. competitors. Their attempts to remove the X² from the U.S. market have been unsuccessful because their complaints are not valid. These people would be better off worrying about the problem(s) of their own fta receivers instead of trying to discredit the competition.

Overall, I think the X² is an excellent receiver for Fifty Dollars. The days of the U.S. developers importing fta receivers from China for Ten to Twenty Dollars a piece, then reselling them to us for $125.00 or $145.00 will soon be over. The X² is killing the Cash Cow. EB

Gary Bidwell
06-28-2013, 07:53 AM
Same here I have never had duplicates on my X2s, no matter what firmware I'm using. They must have a wrong setting some where.

Sublime
06-28-2013, 08:17 AM
Scanning both polarities on a bandstacked LNBF will do that... Both polarities are there with one voltage setting, so no need to scan 13v and 18v--just 18v.

eastof111
06-28-2013, 12:36 PM
Same as Gary's post.... No dups so far, no matter which firmware I've used.

Costactc
06-28-2013, 03:43 PM
I have never had duplicate channels on any of my scans with both my x2 stb. Good to see the time has been addressed and the satellite list is good but I'll need to add the other eastern sats and some positions have changed name as well. The x2 will always be used in my scans but I'll have to rely on other stb for the audio/video info.

ViP3R
06-28-2013, 04:04 PM
I have never had duplicate channels on any of my scans with both my x2 stb. Good to see the time has been addressed and the satellite list is good but I'll need to add the other eastern sats and some positions have changed name as well. The x2 will always be used in my scans but I'll have to rely on other stb for the audio/video info.

Thank you. your the first person to state that the extra Audio/Video info we like is not there are requested..so I can inform them before the next release.

ViP3R
06-28-2013, 04:12 PM
Message sent Costa..

eastof111
06-28-2013, 05:27 PM
Two other items, no big deal.

1-When editing a sat name, after saving, it will randomly freeze requiring a reboot.
2-Sats scanned are still displayed in random order when the sat button is pressed, even though they were scanned by orbital position.

One other item just found. In the actual sat switch settings, uncommitted 1/16 will display in Program Info as diseqc 0/4 when the info button is pressed.

rrob311
06-28-2013, 05:46 PM
My satellite channel list stayed intact for the first time in months with the new firmware. I am hoping that the previous firmware caused this problem. I am going to load as many satellites as I can tonight and see what happens.

ChrisW6ATV
06-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Scanning both polarities on a bandstacked LNBF will do that... Both polarities are there with one voltage setting, so no need to scan 13v and 18v--just 18v.
I figured this out "the hard way" myself last night. Well, I don't have a bandstacked LNBF but rather a "slave" connection from a 4DTV receiver (which also sets the polarization on my old-fashioned Chapparal Polarotor/LNB setup). My old Satwork receiver as well as the X2 Premium would do two whole scans in a blind search and find everything twice, thinking it was checking H and V by itself. I decided to set the X2 to 13V only and that fixed the double-scan problem, then change the polarity with the 4DTV receiver and re-scan with the X2 set to 18V. I never saw this issue mentioned in any FAQ-type list or page (for FTA receivers in general), maybe I need a really "Dummies"-level checklist to have understood this from the start. :)

Ideally, I would like to see a setting in the receiver for "slave mode" or similar that would do one scan, tell me to change the polarity manually (and hit "OK" or something), then do the second scan. Maybe this is a good reason to get away from the old feedhorn and get a 13/18V LNBF, and make the 4DTV receiver the "slave", instead?

el bandido
06-28-2013, 07:23 PM
I think you will find that lnbs have improved somewhat. It might be a good idea to try a 13/18V lnb and see how it performs. You can find a decent one for around twenty dollars shipped. EB

eastof111
06-28-2013, 09:26 PM
"My satellite channel list stayed intact for the first time in months with the new firmware. I am hoping that the previous firmware caused this problem. I am going to load as many satellites as I can tonight and see what happens."

rrob311, if you're referring to the sat list that pops up when you press the sat button and you're using an older DB with the new firmware, you'll find that 27 sats is still the limit.

I still haven't finished scanning with a clean DB to see if the 27 sat limit has been rectified.

crosspaws
06-28-2013, 11:03 PM
I have DMX741 I think it is a U. I have never had any problem with dup scans. My setting for the lnb is default fq C-band side sw set to 1 tone off. The KU side is switch (sw) set to 2 22k tone on fq is 1650 I think is right number (I don't have in front of me at the moment.) Installed on uni mesh 10' , using the older X2 w/amber display. The only problem I have so far is that the record does not all-ways work and I have to soft cycle the power to get it to function. I did not have this problem w/last FW that was from current network download. I think the picture quality is better and the sat list is great. I have not had any audio problems, but I am not sure what problem was being reported. I noticed on my last FW some times audio would drop out on channel change or be loud for a short second. Is their a why to lock the clock time.? I know their has been talk about the time issue so I wondered if you could put in your own time independent of sat time info/or internet time. One other thing I wanted to know is does the YouTube work? Mine has not for some time, not a big deal as my TV has the app. Did not know if this was a bug or not.

Sorry any typos short a few digits so miss some keys some times.
Eric Walker

Marv
06-29-2013, 09:53 AM
I have lost the ACC audio on the Luken mux AMC7 using the June 27 firmware. The audio worked fine with the April firmware But not the June 27. For now have reinstalled the April firmware.

eastof111
06-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Observations for Ma Wong....

Started my scan with a clean DB, new firmware and reset to be sure there were no conflicts. Scanned from 45º to 113º when I had to stop.

Observations:

1- After the 28th sat is scanned, Backup Database gives a failed error message. Went to Backup to USB and received same error message. After multiple attempts to backup, it was successful. Returned to Backup Database and after multiple attempts to save, it did save successfully.
2- 27 scanned sat limitation has been replaced by a 34 sat limitation.
When the 35th sat is scanned, it will replace the 34th scanned sat. See before and after attached pictures.
3- No audio on 99º G16 KU Russian Mux. It worked on prior firmware versions.
4- Diseqc switching seems to have problems, i.e., scanning 72º ku sat picked up AMC1/19C embedded transponder.
5- While initializing switch settings for Simon Bolivar at 78º ku, it picked up 10763 H 03100 as a locked signal, which it should not have.
6- Received similar display for Intel 14 ku showing locked signal and yet after scanning there was nothing.
See attached before and after pictures. Looking at a sat map foot print, I should not be receiving a signal at my location.

Hope these observations help your coders to improve an otherwise very good receiver.

cpr43
06-29-2013, 05:55 PM
No audio on TVU AAC 11973 H 27500 Hispasat 30w as well. Used to work fine before

rrob311
06-29-2013, 07:55 PM
"My satellite channel list stayed intact for the first time in months with the new firmware. I am hoping that the previous firmware caused this problem. I am going to load as many satellites as I can tonight and see what happens."

rrob311, if you're referring to the sat list that pops up when you press the sat button and you're using an older DB with the new firmware, you'll find that 27 sats is still the limit.

I still haven't finished scanning with a clean DB to see if the 27 sat limit has been rectified.

Yes, when I press the SAT button all of my satellites are staying. Only managed to scan 15 last night but I am happy with it. I can now hunt for feeds again and watch my favorite channels.

crosspaws
06-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Same hear, W/AMC7 I thought this was a promising FW but the audio problem is a big problem. Does YouTube work?

el bandido
06-30-2013, 05:39 AM
YouTube works for me.

cpr43
06-30-2013, 06:09 AM
No audio on TVU AAC 11973 H 27500 Hispasat 30w as well. Used to work fine before

You Tube works on my side but NO audio at all too. Something is wrong with the audio feature. Roll back to April 9th audio on both working fine

crosspaws
06-30-2013, 08:07 AM
Went back to April 9 FW nice that my sat list stayed together. As it turns out only some YouTube videos like Psy (which is the first one on my screen) go to loading and never plays. Other wise it works fine. It still the best FTA box I have used and use!

rrob311
07-01-2013, 06:42 AM
I noticed when I switch satellites from my motorized dish to 97w which is a fixed dish on another port, my motor gets commanded to move. The motor setting is set to none. It would be nice to get that fixed.

ViP3R
07-05-2013, 01:09 PM

Costa they informed me that they did apply the video info on the channel bar and sent me a picture, see attached..A factory default should be done after the upgrade to apply the new settings.
Remember to save/backup your settings and channel info..

Also for other issues such as...."When editing a sat name, after saving, it will randomly freeze requiring a reboot." we did the test many times and no issue like this and also after upgrade must make factory default to apply the new setting.

They will try their best to issue the new software next week to solve the motor bug and also AAC Audio.

On another note by Rob I think..

Sats scanned are still displayed in random order when the sat button is pressed, even though they were scanned by orbital position." Can you please provide more details to us because this issue is not clear ?

So I would ask all to do a Factory default after the upgrade and see if some of these reported issues are still present... Remember Backup first..

eastof111
07-05-2013, 02:57 PM
"Also for other issues such as...."When editing a sat name, after saving, it will randomly freeze requiring a reboot." we did the test many times and no issue like this and also after upgrade must make factory default to apply the new setting."

This happened to me after renaming some sats. I did not reboot after renaming many sats. Maybe I should have, and then continued the renaming process. It might not have caused the receiver to freeze.

"Sats scanned are still displayed in random order when the sat button is pressed, even though they were scanned by orbital position." Can you please provide more details to us because this issue is not clear?"

See attached before and after pictures. Started my scan with a clean DB, new firmware and factory reset to be sure there were no conflicts. First sat scanned was 45º and continued to 113º when I had to stop.

ViP3R
07-05-2013, 03:07 PM
"Also for other issues such as...."When editing a sat name, after saving, it will randomly freeze requiring a reboot." we did the test many times and no issue like this and also after upgrade must make factory default to apply the new setting."

This happened to me after renaming some sats. I did not reboot after renaming many sats. Maybe I should have, and then continued the renaming process. It might not have caused the receiver to freeze.

"Sats scanned are still displayed in random order when the sat button is pressed, even though they were scanned by orbital position." Can you please provide more details to us because this issue is not clear?"

See attached before and after pictures. Started my scan with a clean DB, new firmware and factory reset to be sure there were no conflicts. First sat scanned was 45º and continued to 113º when I had to stop.

Thanks bro..I will pass on the images you took...

Costactc
07-06-2013, 05:56 AM
Costa they informed me that they did apply the video info on the channel bar and sent me a picture, see attached..A factory default should be done after the upgrade to apply the new settings.

Also for other issues such as...."When editing a sat name, after saving, it will randomly freeze requiring a reboot." we did the test many times and no issue like this and also after upgrade must make factory default to apply the new setting.

They will try their best to issue the new software next week to solve the motor bug and also AAC Audio.

Sats scanned are still displayed in random order when the sat button is pressed, even though they were scanned by orbital position." Can you please provide more details to us because this issue is not clear ?

So I would ask all to do a Factory default after the upgrade and see if some of these reported issues are still present... Remember Backup first..

Awesome news Viper. I'll give it a shot and all we need to know is what type of audio.:thumbup:

Costactc
07-06-2013, 09:04 AM

After numerous factory defaults it's all the same Viper. In the tv setup menu you can change the resolution to whatever you want and that will show up on the screen. For example, I'm on Intelsat 805 at 55.5w on a channel called Igreja mundial, which is sd but I have my resolution set to 1080i and that's what the screen is showing me. I think they might have not understood as to what video/audio resolution. The 1080i setting is showing up on all channels. Bummer.....

ViP3R
07-06-2013, 01:15 PM
After numerous factory defaults it's all the same Viper. In the tv setup menu you can change the resolution to whatever you want and that will show up on the screen. For example, I'm on Intelsat 805 at 55.5w on a channel called Igreja mundial, which is sd but I have my resolution set to 1080i and that's what the screen is showing me. I think they might have not understood as to what video/audio resolution. The 1080i setting is showing up on all channels. Bummer.....

I think you are correct on the misunderstanding on the video/audio info display.. The language barrier is a factor in this..I will have to try and explain in more simple terms..

It's not that they can't do it..they just don't understand what we asking for..we will get it done.

Costactc
07-06-2013, 01:34 PM
How about a screenshot from another receiver?

ViP3R
07-07-2013, 02:46 PM
How about a screenshot from another receiver?

I think I explained it in simple terms this time ,,I hope...lol

I also sent a link to a youtube video showing what we want...

cabcab
07-07-2013, 06:12 PM
We need something like a 'caid fix'

eastof111
07-07-2013, 06:32 PM
"We need something like a 'caid fix'"

For the North American firmware? Why?

cabcab
07-08-2013, 01:44 AM
For identifying the channels and they are all over the place.

eastof111
07-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Can you give an example?

Costactc
07-08-2013, 12:36 PM
We need something like a 'caid fix'

I'm under the assumption that a caid fix would be for the receiver to be used with iks, which is against site rules to even discuss. If I'm wrong, I'd like to know exactly what you mean.

eastof111
07-08-2013, 02:20 PM
It is for IKS... just wanted to see how far he would go.

cabcab
07-08-2013, 08:44 PM
I have scan in 119w and 110w. Should i upload this file

rrob311
07-08-2013, 08:56 PM
cabcab, 119w and 110w don't have any fta channels. This website and firmware are for free to air satellite. Here is a valuable link:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

ViP3R
07-10-2013, 12:14 PM
I think I explained it in simple terms this time ,,I hope...lol

I also sent a link to a youtube video showing what we want...

Ok, I received an email today from x2 and they now understand what we are looking for regarding the video info, it will be included in the next release as well as the other issues reported here.
May have a beta file in a few days and final release is expected in a couple of weeks time..

rrob311
07-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Is there any way that they can make it like some receivers so when you do a new blind scan it will keep your custom channel names? Maybe a way to lock certain channel names from being changed?

Swalbr
07-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Hello all, new guy here.

Enjoying the first couple of days with my X2, gotta be the best bang-for-buck receiver I have ever owned.

A couple of noob questions....is this June 27 fw available for internet/network transfer download, if not, will it be?

And what does the sat list look like, does it have most/all of the NA arc, and are they in order?

Thanks for this forum, and all the effort you all put in to help get this box updated and supported for FTA.

rrob311
07-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Welcome to Legit Swalbr! I would imagine that the file is available via network download but have not tried. The satellite list is in order and it is good from 45W-139W

cpr43
07-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Hello Swalbr
Welcome to legitfta!!
yes the latest firmware can be download from here:

or can be download from X2 web page:

Yes the sat list was updated for USA from 45W to 139W. here is a summary:
What's New:

1- Fix the 64 Satellite Store position
2- Improve AC3 Audio
3- New and full Americas Satellites
4- Add more extension in Media player
5- Add 1080i 60Hz.

Swalbr
07-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Hey rrob and Carlos...thanks for the quick response and welcome!

I didn't really ask what I was wondering properly...when using the "Upgrade By Network" directly from the X2 receiver menu, can I get the June 27 fw?

I tried that method a couple days ago when I first got my X2 and I think I got the May 20 version. That dl method worked great so I would prefer sticking to it, but want to get the June 27 version with the updated sat list if possible. I don't mind waiting if it just isn't available yet, no big deal.

eastof111
07-10-2013, 08:09 PM
"Is there any way that they can make it like some receivers so when you do a new blind scan it will keep your custom channel names? Maybe a way to lock certain channel names from being changed?"

About the only way to do this right now would be with the editor. Change the sid of your favorite channels to 0, but then I imagine you would have duplicates after a scan. Haven't tried doing this yet.

Swalbr
07-11-2013, 06:04 AM
I went ahead and upgraded to the June 27 fw by USB.

The new sat list is fantastic, very nice!

Unfortunately it seems that USALS is not working properly now for me. I started scanning in Ku sats, one at a time from east to west.

Had no issues with 72, 83, 85, 87, 89, 91 and 93, but from there I couldn't get my dish to move off of 93.

Has anyone else seen anything like this or is it on my end?

I hooked my Openbox S9 up to the same combo (STAB HH90, Fortec 90cm, no switches) and it works fine.

cpr43
07-11-2013, 07:04 AM
I know its being discussed before but you need to do a reset on both the box and the motor itself and start from scratch

Swalbr
07-11-2013, 07:34 AM
I know its being discussed before but you need to do a reset on both the box and the motor itself and start from scratch

That seems to have done the trick, so far so good.

Thanks Carlos!

I really like how the buttons on the remote "click" with each press...lets you know that you have actually pushed them.

nasir_acc80
07-28-2013, 07:24 PM
hi dear,
after update new sw in x2. I reset the factory setting. now I did not find the iks or cccam. any idea???
also please do you have Europe ssu file????
I tried 6767 but message appear "invalid channel"
please help me

cpr43
07-28-2013, 08:06 PM
nasir
Welcome to legitfta!!!

The features you're asking were removed from the USA version because of some legal issues. Send me a PM to see if I can help you !