PDA

View Full Version : Advanced timer recording

Gary Bidwell
07-29-2013, 02:51 PM
Has anybody got the advanced timer to record automatically with out being there to push a button? when it was time to record.

rrob311
07-29-2013, 02:53 PM
I believe I have been able to several months ago. Not sure about the current firmware however.

MikeB
07-29-2013, 04:03 PM
I've done it multiple times with no issues in the last week, but I'm not running the very newest software. I've found that you MUST use 24hr military time to set your timer, even if you have your clock set to 12H setting. I also leave my receiver ON all the time, and turned off the feature "Auto Standby". I also have my clock set to LOCAL time, with GMT OFF. Because most US fta doesn't have their clocks set right, and I don't want the receiver to change to bogus times.

Gary Bidwell
07-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Has it worked unattended, that is with out confirming that you want to record.

MikeB
07-29-2013, 07:37 PM
Has it worked unattended, that is with out confirming that you want to record.

YES, I have already said that I have done it multiple times. It wakes up my drive, records, and then the drive goes back to sleep afterwards.

All unattended! I am using a WD 1TB bare drive, mounted in one of those Rosewill SATA docks.

Gary Bidwell
07-30-2013, 08:39 AM
Thanks I found out why it was not working, I had the advanced timer set to schedule instead of record. Did not know that had two options.:flex:

MikeB
07-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Thanks I found out why it was not working, I had the advanced timer set to schedule instead of record. Did not know that had two options.:flex:

Good point, I didn't think to mention that as I went through the same thing a long time ago with another receiver and am wise to it. It sucks when you set up a "recording" and you later can't find it because it simply switched channels due to having that setting wrong.

Gary Bidwell
07-30-2013, 04:01 PM
I 've miss many movies that way