PDA

View Full Version : X5 recovery

rrob311
07-29-2013, 08:11 PM
I went to upgrade to the latest official yojia firmware and it crashed. I now get the screen on power up that tells you to recover. I tried with 2 different usb sticks and they don't work. Does anyone know how to recover this box with a serial setup?

cpr43
07-29-2013, 08:38 PM
See if this help

rrob311
07-29-2013, 08:46 PM
Ya thats what I tried with multiple USB sticks. Won't load

cpr43
07-29-2013, 08:58 PM
I have a recovery tool using the null cable and the PC similar to the S9 and S10 but it is for F3/X3 . Have you tried??

rrob311
07-29-2013, 09:32 PM
No I will need to dig up a cable. I am not sure which one I need.

cpr43
07-30-2013, 06:57 AM
Null Cable

cpr43
07-30-2013, 08:16 AM
Keep trying my friend!!

Quick fix for booting up problems on an OpenBox X5

If your OpenBox X5 fails to bootup and only displays ON, you can try the following to see if it will fix the problem.

The USB Stick can be formatted in either FAT32 or NTFS it makes no difference.

1 .. Make sure you use a clean USB Stick [with no files or folders on it]

2 .. Create a new folder on the USB Stick and name the folder x5 [you can name the folder anything you wish]

3 .. Now place a copy of KD_P9000E_HD.bin in the x5 folder
[You do not even need a folder for this to work, you can just transfer the files to the USB Stick, just make sure there are no other files on the USB Stick]

4 .. Make sure the receiver is Powered OFF

5 .. insert the USB Stick into the front USB port on the receiver

6 .. Now you can turn the receivers Power ON

7 .. Quickly press any button on the front panel [I find it easier to press the Power button]
keep pressing the button until you see LOAd shown on the front panel, then you can release the button.

8 .. This should then fix basic problems regarding booting up, as the OpenBox X5 will be booted from the USB.

9 .. Once the OpenBox X5 has booted up correctly, but you still find the problem persists, then you should perform the following:
Menu -> System Setup click S/W Upgrade click Upgrade By Network

================================================== =============================

If the above fails to fix the problem, do the following:

1 .. Make sure you use a clean USB Stick [with no files or folders on it] formatted in FAT32 Only

2 .. Create a new folder on the USB Stick and name the folder recovery

3 .. Now place a copy of KD_P9000E_HD.bin in the recovery folder

4 .. Make sure the receiver is Powered OFF

5 .. insert the USB Stick into the front USB port on the receiver

6 .. Now you can turn the receivers Power ON

7 .. Quickly press the centre button on the front panel [Arrow-HERE in the image below]
keep pressing the button until you see LOAd shown on the front panel, then you can release the button.

8 .. The installation should then start immediately [and the progress will be displayed on the front panel screen]

9 .. Once the installation of the firmware has completed, the receiver will then auto reboot itself.

And that's it, you may now remove the USB Stick.

rrob311
07-30-2013, 08:20 AM
Ya that is what I have been trying with multiple files. I need to find an earlier file maybe?

rrob311
07-30-2013, 08:40 AM
OK, got it. I opened my new 50 in 1 usb card reader that I got at Kmart for 1$ and put my high quality 4gb CF card in it and that worked! Yay!

cpr43
07-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Yes!! I know we find a way!!! :thumbup: Write the process and the file you used and add it to the x5 section for future references!!

ssimonn
08-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Hi rrob

can you explain this in a little more detail I have the same problem as you have had
Thank you

rrob311
08-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Sure no problem. Welcome to Legit! Are you getting the recovery screen when you turn on the receiver? If so find a USB flash drive or a USB card reader with a memory card in it.

Format the usb drive to FAT32. Create a new folder and name it recovery. Then download the x5 recovery file in the file section here and extract the file into the recovery folder that you just made. Then take the usb stick/drive and plug it into the X5 receiver. (I used the rear jack but I don't think it matters.) Now you will want to hold down the OK button on the front of the receiver while powering up the receiver with the rocker switch on the rear. Continue to hold the OK button until you see the front display say load. It should show the system updating on the tv screen.

If this does not work let us know what error message you are getting. You may need to try a different USB drive if this does not work. Keep me posted on your recovery. Good luck.

ssimonn
08-16-2013, 08:40 PM
The recovery was somewhat successful that the box did accept program but after rebooting I get a rolling screen, any ideas on this.
thanks for the help

rrob311
08-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Maybe try to hook it up with a different output or try a different TV so you can get into the screen settings and possibly change the TV type.

Costactc
08-17-2013, 05:17 AM
The recovery was somewhat successful that the box did accept program but after rebooting I get a rolling screen, any ideas on this.
thanks for the help

Rolling screen happens on my x5 and f6 as well when component cables are used, try using an hdmi cable or hook it up to a tv to change the output as Rob mentioned previously.

ssimonn
08-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Tried different tv and it worked, I dont have a cable from my big dish in that room so i will be picking up some hdmi cables later today and try it again
thanks for the help