PDA

View Full Version : X2 Premium Editor August 15th - Discussion

ViP3R
08-17-2013, 12:58 PM
Discuss this Topic here.

Issue the Channel editor to work with Win8 & Win7

dr.zin
09-25-2013, 12:13 PM
how old can the receiver firmware be to use this version?

mountaineer
10-01-2013, 07:45 PM
I edited my sat and channel list....55 sats...loaded it back and it won't let me "check" any of the sats so I can use them. Any ideas. In her words on the screen in sat list yo can't put a check mark by any of the sats ...so no usable sats. apprecate any help.

Silverado5150
10-02-2013, 10:38 AM
This is the most complicated channel editor I have ever used and seemed likely to crash the unit. I have just edited my channels and satellites manually as added and frequently save a new backup file.

I tried the program when it first came out with the Aug FW. My PC runs Win7 and even with following the instructions exactly, it doesn't allow me to save a file I can use. For me, the program closes itself at the end with a corrupted file that it cannot reload. The file size appears incorrect also.

I like that feature that gives you options for the RCU. Most other brands keep the SDK to themselves to tweak the FW options.

dr.zin
10-02-2013, 11:13 AM
I also did some quicky editing with ezm then finished with the receiver itself,because I was unsure of some of the settings.
The resulting database couldn't be opened in ezm.I did manage to move sats around and delete sats with ezm no problem.
There are also goodies in the \bin folder that look interesting.

eastof111
10-02-2013, 12:18 PM
So far I've used the new editor twice.

1- Renamed some channels, changed sid to 0 on some, and added sound to Huntington Beach. Reloaded to stb with current firmware (X2 Sept 26.rar) and it did not go kaput.

2- Had switching problems, so had to change settings for non-working sats. Reloaded to stb and it did not go kaput. Still working ok.

Have not tried editor with earlier firmware versions, so don't know if it works.

mountaineer
10-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Mine is using the latest firmware as well. Editing went great. Reloading went great. Just can't check sats ..therefore can't watch tv,
Does anyone know if the sats should match exactly in the editor in the first page and the last? also what are the different "modes" in the last page? All of my sats are in mode 1...is that where they are supposed to be?

eastof111
10-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Haven't played with the different modes, but all my sats are set to mode 8.

eastof111
10-02-2013, 12:33 PM
There are various tabs above page which also have first and last. Which tab are you referring to?

dr.zin
10-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Haven't played with the different modes, but all my sats are set to mode 8.
I would edit 1 sat with the receiver itself,then load the file into ezm as a guide

mountaineer
10-02-2013, 12:42 PM
under database tab

network dvb-s (1st) and connect info (last)

eastof111
10-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Just opened the editor and compared mode 8 to mode 1.

eastof111
10-02-2013, 12:55 PM
The little horizontal window under Radio Channel, reads 1/81 in mine. Both in first and last window, so yes they do match.

eastof111
10-02-2013, 01:03 PM
I would edit 1 sat with the receiver itself,then load the file into ezm as a guide

Might try this weekend and see what happens.

dr.zin
10-02-2013, 04:19 PM
the old versions came with a pdf manual.
You may try looking at that for the basics

mountaineer
10-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Thanks guys Mine are all on mode 1. I can't figure out what the modes are or stand for. Also can't figure out how to manually move all of them to without having to do it one at a time. Any ideas? I've read the pdf. not enough info there...but helpful.

cpr43
10-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Unfortunately, I think the best will be to start all over again. Something went wrong when you did the changes. I have done several changes and never experienced the problem you found. Something I did once and corrupted the file for me was to rename the sats name no the channels. So from that point on I don't usually rename the sats with the editor. What I do is to make all the changes (move, rename including coding with zero ). Load back the modified DB. Once everything is OK then I use the remote control and rename the sat names if needed. Make a Database backup on the box and my USB for future references.

Note:
I have never play or change anything on the Set Mode section at all

dr.zin
10-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Thanks guys Mine are all on mode 1. I can't figure out what the modes are or stand for. Also can't figure out how to manually move all of them to without having to do it one at a time. Any ideas? I've read the pdf. not enough info there...but helpful.

I move the sats one at a time,also there are 2 pages you have to move them on not just 1.
This is the 1st editor that you didn't have to deal with the sharebank,that may be a factor in what you are trying to do.

mountaineer
10-03-2013, 07:29 AM
I found the problem. The modes on the last page are very important. I loaded the sock channel list, and looked in the mode section. Channels should be in mode 8. also mode1 should have one channel invalid #1, mode 2 same but #2, 3 the same but #3, 4 the same but #4, 5 the same but #5, 6 the same but #6, 7 should have invalid channels 7-17, Mode 8 should start with 18 and be your first channel and go to ?????, mode 9 should have one invalid channel which is numbered one more than the last channel in 8. So if last channel in 8 is 78.....mode 9's channel should be 79.
Did this and it fixed my problem....don't know how modes got screwed up. But if it happens to someone else...that is how it is fixed.

thanks for all of your help!!!!!

DRCars
01-24-2014, 02:26 PM
EZM Tool 2.0.3 does not work for me in either XP or Win 7. In XP I can load a saved database .ssu file and edit it but the changes do not make it into the output file (Save As). The ssu header appears to be saved in the file and the X2 can be upgraded but I get the same list of satellites that came with the X2USDEC application .ssu. When I look at the "Saved As" file (in hex editor) I can see that no satellite info at all has made it into the file. Looking in the Program Files\EZMTool 2.0.3\Temp\db32.mdb file I can see the sat info including my changes. The EZM Editor exits unexpectedly right after you choose "Save As" so I guess that relates to the sat info not being moved from the db32.mdb file to the output file.

In Win 7 almost the same thing happens except the editor locks up after "Save As" where as it just exits in XP.

Sure wish this would work.

DRCars

bestman22
03-08-2014, 02:36 AM
I tried to understand what X2 Premium Editor is but unfortunately I couldn't. Could anyone explain it to me in a simple way?. By the way, I only have NileSat on my box.

Any help would be appreciated.

dr.zin
03-08-2014, 08:18 AM
really shouldn't need it,if you load eurasian firmware the sat lists should be correct.
you may not even be able to load old firmware into the august version of the editor anyway.
You would have to use an older version.

bestman22
03-08-2014, 10:56 AM
really shouldn't need it,if you load eurasian firmware the sat lists should be correct.
you may not even be able to load old firmware into the august version of the editor anyway.
You would have to use an older version.

Thanks for your reply.

But sorry I didn't get that. I am new to this topic.

dsmitrh0429
09-14-2014, 04:24 PM
I've been trying to get this to connect my X2 Premium HD II with no success. Using Windows XP (and Windows 8.1), and a 9 pin null modem cable. All I get is connection time out messages. The software was installed as Administrator, no errors detected during installation. The cable works fine with my Fortec Lifetime Ultra and Channel Master, so I know the cable is good. Is there some kind of special COM settings needed in EZ-Manage Tool, or is a different type of serial cable needed? Or is there a third party software that can also connect to this receiver. THANKS!

ViP3R
09-14-2014, 05:23 PM
I've been trying to get this to connect my X2 Premium HD II with no success. Using Windows XP (and Windows 8.1), and a 9 pin null modem cable. All I get is connection time out messages. The software was installed as Administrator, no errors detected during installation. The cable works fine with my Fortec Lifetime Ultra and Channel Master, so I know the cable is good. Is there some kind of special COM settings needed in EZ-Manage Tool, or is a different type of serial cable needed? Or is there a third party software that can also connect to this receiver. THANKS!

The null cable should be correct and if you connect using the Fortec you would think the com ports should match.

You could try this small tool, it's a bit outdated but may show you if the ports are open. >> [Only registered and activated users can see links]

dr.zin
09-14-2014, 06:28 PM
any terminal program should show activity on the com port when you boot the receiver.
I assume the cable is the correct null modem.

like that

BO

Boot V2.7

Phase Scan in Boot Start Stage

Phase Scan in Set Parameters Stage

31, 11, 15, 07, 07,
10, 24, 16, 16

[ 2 ff 2 0 ff ff ff ]
0x31 0x32 0x31
DDR2

DDR/PLL Init Done

L2 cache Init Done

Boot start

SPI Load Code done

CPUfreq 400000 DRAMSize 1024

BootManager V1.7

>> Pressing <space> key enter boot-menu.

>> Load code from SPI...

>> Check image parity...

>> Unzip Image Start....
>>
App Start...

[cyg_net_init] Init: mbinit(0x00000000)
[cyg_net_init] Init: cyg_net_init_devs(0x00000000)
Init device 'eth1'
[cyg_net_init] Init: loopattach(0x00000000)
[cyg_net_init] Init: ifinit(0x00000000)
[cyg_net_init] Init: domaininit(0x00000000)
[cyg_net_init] Init: cyg_net_add_domain(0x80a0fdc8)
New domain internet at 0x00000000
[cyg_net_init] Init: cyg_net_add_domain(0x80a0f85c)
New domain route at 0x00000000
[cyg_net_init] Init: call_route_init(0x00000000)
[cyg_net_init] Done
Uart initialize Success
init time1 interrupt
init time2 interrupt
init time3 interrupt
init time4 interrupt

Gary Bidwell
09-15-2014, 06:43 AM
it sounds like you are using the wrong version of editor for the version of firmware. The older editor only works with older firmware.

dr.zin
09-15-2014, 10:32 AM
if I remember correctly there were 3 different versions of the editor but they all should make contact with the receiver,just not work 100% if not matched properly.

Gary Bidwell
09-15-2014, 11:41 AM
I have used all three and one does not work with newer firmware