PDA

View Full Version : Playing Recorded Movies on the X2

easily confused
08-30-2013, 02:41 PM
I have an external HDD that has movies on it that were recorded using both the S9 and the Anaconda. The X2 recognizes th movies recorded by the Anaconda and will play some, just fine and others with no audio. All movies were recorded by the S9 were on the same tv channel and are in .TS format. The Anaconda would recognize movies recorded on the S9 in .TS format but would not play them but the X2 does not even see the movies recorded with the S9 even though they are in .TS format. Any suggestions as to why some will play, some won't, some are recognized while others are not even seen?

eastof111
08-30-2013, 03:31 PM
"the X2 does not even see the movies recorded with the S9 even though they are in .TS format"

The X2 firmware code is not recognizing the .TS video because it may be missing or may have info in the header which is not compatible. In regards to audio, it may be lacking certain codecs. In some other receivers, usually a popup will display incorrect header info or file not recognized, etc.

easily confused
08-30-2013, 04:34 PM
"the X2 does not even see the movies recorded with the S9 even though they are in .TS format"

The X2 firmware code is not recognizing the .TS video because it may be missing or may have info in the header which is not compatible. In regards to audio, it may be lacking certain codecs. In some other receivers, usually a popup will display incorrect header info or file not recognized, etc.

Apparently there are programs that will convert .TS files to, for example, avi or a number of other formats. If I try this would the X2 be able to read them then?

eastof111
08-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Try VideoRedo... Always works for me, plus it's a very good editor for removing commercials. There are some freebies out there too.

eastof111
08-30-2013, 05:34 PM
Here's a free one that gets the job done; not as fast as paid converters.

Marv
08-31-2013, 12:00 AM
I just recorded a couple of clips on my S9 one HD and One SD. They both played fine on my X2. Don't Use the play button on the remote. Click on menu and find the Media Player. Click OK.Then open the ALIDVRS2 folder. Choose the record folder you want and click ok. Choose a ts file and click ok. That should do it. I didn't try to see if it would auto play all the ts files in a folder if there was more than one. Hope this helps.

easily confused
08-31-2013, 07:59 AM
I just recorded a couple of clips on my S9 one HD and One SD. They both played fine on my X2. Don't Use the play button on the remote. Click on menu and find the Media Player. Click OK.Then open the ALIDVRS2 folder. Choose the record folder you want and click ok. Choose a ts file and click ok. That should do it. I didn't try to see if it would auto play all the ts files in a folder if there was more than one. Hope this helps.

Thanks Marv. It worked like a charm. Found a few funny quirks but all is fine as far as playing the movies.

Marv
08-31-2013, 10:28 PM
Glad I was able to help.

easily confused
09-01-2013, 07:19 AM
I didn't see the option, and it was likely right in front of my face, but is there a way to "rename" the movie? They all show as the station name and a series of numbers behind it.

Marv
09-01-2013, 09:50 PM
I'm not aware of a way to edit titles on the receiver. I just take the hard drive and stick it on my computer to edit out commercials and rename files.