PDA

View Full Version : X2 Premium HD Sept 26 - Discussion

ViP3R
09-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Please find the latest version for the software which solves the info Bar and duplicate list (IPTV & Online Movies).

Discuss this Topic here.

eastof111
09-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Now, that's fast service!!

ViP3R
09-26-2013, 06:01 PM
Now, that's fast service!!

Switch issue is being worked on as well bro..

cpr43
09-26-2013, 06:04 PM
Thanks , this is great. Will make some test. I dont see the instructions to load the custom *.txt IPTV list to the box???

ViP3R
09-26-2013, 06:07 PM
Thanks , this is great. Will make some test. I dont see the instructions to load the custom *.txt IPTV list to the box???

I'll ask about that bro..

cpr43
09-26-2013, 06:14 PM
Ja !! Releases notes inside the file!!!!!! Yes!! and with a Team legit message!!! Super!!!!!:claping:

cpr43
09-26-2013, 08:28 PM
This is what I see so far

1- I have noticed an improvement on video quality overall.
2- Video resolution numbers or parameters on INFO are only working on HD channels 1080i and 720p. Other than that It keep displaying random or unknown numbers
3- This version doesnt erase the internal saved database

eastof111
09-26-2013, 10:12 PM
4 - new servers added for America, Japan, China, Korea
5 - still can't load txt file from usb stick
6 - Google maps work in progress

dr.zin
09-27-2013, 03:14 AM
I loaded that then loaded my channel list.
I don't use the iptv part.

dr.zin
09-27-2013, 12:32 PM
4 - new servers added for America, Japan, China, Korea
5 - still can't load txt file from usb stick
6 - Google maps work in progress

I think anything you load has to be in .ssu format.
EZM lets you dump custom areas of flash,but then you would have to edit with a hex editor and fix the crc of the file.

eastof111
09-27-2013, 12:59 PM
5 - still can't load txt file from usb stick...... referencing the tvurl.txt for IPTV. Used to be xml format in prior firmware version.
This item is still a work in progress. Hope they fix it in the next release.

Costactc
09-27-2013, 03:12 PM
Never seen such support for any other receiver I have owned. Just got home, I'll check it out later.

Costactc
09-27-2013, 03:54 PM
This file and the numbers work for me. It does show the proper resolution sparingly on sd 480i channels but hd seem to be covered properly. Hats off to the X2 team.:th_thumbs20up:

dr.zin
09-27-2013, 05:33 PM
Never seen such support for any other receiver I have owned. Just got home, I'll check it out later.

There are other nt78326 based receivers that don't even have firmware updates.
The firmware on the receiver when you buy it is all you get.
And no channel editors.

dr.zin
09-27-2013, 06:39 PM
some brands only have support for 9 months or so,like some sort of gestation period.
I still have the aug15 app from last year in the archives,so at least 1 year of support so far.
There was a bug in the original firmware preventing a full flash dump,hence the app area dump only.

dr.zin
09-27-2013, 07:29 PM
all the other nt78326 based receivers are like 2x the price of the x2

Costactc
09-28-2013, 05:27 AM
There are other nt78326 based receivers that don't even have firmware updates.
The firmware on the receiver when you buy it is all you get.
And no channel editors.

Exactly my point. We've had 2 fw updates in like 10 days, top notch.

Silverado5150
09-30-2013, 10:29 AM
I agree about the support. Before I found and joined this forum I responded to the feedback on the X2 website about the July FW and Ma Wang emailed me about 45 minutes later. I never expected that!

Now for future ideas, if they only made a receiver that could decode the 4:2:2 format feeds they would have a real winner for the US market.

dr.zin
09-30-2013, 01:28 PM
he did offer to send me 2 pre programmed flash chips for a receiver I obviously screwed up.
I believe they have somebody in north america for doing receiver repairs, but I never got the details on that.

dr.zin
10-04-2013, 03:14 PM
this week was the 1 year anniversary of getting my x2,so I fixed mine just in time.

turbosat
10-22-2013, 07:07 PM
Is anyone having problems with the USALS operation on this Sept26 firmware? I've not run my X2 on my motorized dish since earlier versions of the firmware, probably since May. I have a ku dish that's mounted on a c-band polar ring with actuator, so I was using the X2 on it for several months. But over the weekend I connected my dish with DG380 motor direct to it, and it doesn't always seem to want to move the dish. The site coordinates are entered properly, but sometimes I have to go into the USALS menu and click on GO to make it move the dish-just calling up the satellite I want by the SAT button isn't always getting the message across. There is a diseqc between motor and dish, it has one fixed dish connected on port 4, but the X2 sees it as port 1. Not sure if that might be related to this or not. (my other receivers all see the port #s correctly on this diseqc).

rrob311
10-22-2013, 07:33 PM
I am running a 4 port diseqc switch with 4 22khz switches. Port 1 goes to my sg2100 motor through a 22khz switch where I use USALS exclusively. I am currently tracking from 61w-125w with no issues. I am running the 9/24 firmware. I haven't noticed a diseqc switch numbering problem with this receiver.

MikeB
10-22-2013, 09:03 PM
Put the switch on the OTHER side of the motor!

So, coax goes from receiver direct to motor receiver connection. Motor lnb connection on the other side, uses a coax jumper to the receiver port on your switch. ALL other switch connections remain the same as now.

turbosat
10-23-2013, 08:58 AM
MikeB, you misunderstood, that diseqc IS placed between the motor and the dish, not between receiver and motor. Maybe I should try swapping out the diseqc for a different brand, as I don't recall whether I used the ecoda on it or not. I'm still studying this one, lol. I noticed that I have 22khz ON in the sat setup screen on some satellites, even though there is no 22khz switch-and it seems like the motor does work on them..for some reason. I'll go through and activate 22khz on all today and see what happens. Right now I'm just using X2 on the ku dish, with my fixed dish on 72w hooked into the diseqc.

Costactc
10-23-2013, 09:29 AM
I just recently installed a 4' dish with a fortec hh 1.2 motor. I have not had any issues with my x2 using usals- always brings me to the sat I want.

turbosat
10-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Ok, I think I fixed it, but I did two things so I don't know which one did it. I removed the diseqc switch, even though it wasn't old you can never tell about those things. And I factory defaulted the receiver and started over again. So far, I'm scanning in the ku birds east to west, and it seems to be remembering where they all are again. I'll try replacing that switch when I get my hands on another ecoda/chieta brand. Thanks for all the replies, everyone!

Costactc
10-23-2013, 05:04 PM
Good to hear you got it working, I don't like slapping switches on my setups unless totally necessary.

dr.zin
10-23-2013, 05:08 PM
MikeB, you misunderstood, that diseqc IS placed between the motor and the dish, not between receiver and motor. Maybe I should try swapping out the diseqc for a different brand, as I don't recall whether I used the ecoda on it or not. I'm still studying this one, lol. I noticed that I have 22khz ON in the sat setup screen on some satellites, even though there is no 22khz switch-and it seems like the motor does work on them..for some reason. I'll go through and activate 22khz on all today and see what happens. Right now I'm just using X2 on the ku dish, with my fixed dish on 72w hooked into the diseqc.

22khz has nothing to do with switches,it's for the universal lnb band switching only.
a standard ku lnb doesn't use that setting at all.

turbosat
10-23-2013, 09:16 PM
drzin the 22khz tone operates those 22kz switches (port a-port b switch) but in this case it surely wasn't doing anything. I do have one of those on my other system-it switches from c-band only dish, to another , seperate ku only dish. And of course it does work those univeral lnbf.

turbosat
10-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Good to hear you got it working, I don't like slapping switches on my setups unless totally necessary.

I have a separate KU dish fixed on 72w, because a huge tree is in the way of that bird with my motorized dish. It was easier to plant another fixed dish than try to cut down this walnut, which I didn't want to do anyway. Now that the leaves have fallen it won't be a problem. I don't really care for the switches either.
edit to update: Problem I have with the motor still exists. I did remove the diseqc to test USALS without it, but it made no difference. Sometimes motor moves to satellite, sometimes I have to go thru the USALS menu to hit the Go button-then it moves. No pattern to it, I'll live with it, not that big of a deal.

Marv
11-08-2013, 10:57 PM
I'm loosing the date setting when I shut down. The time stays in memory but not the date. Just wondering if anyone else was having this problem. This is with the Sept. Firmware.

Costactc
11-09-2013, 06:03 AM
The date is usually off when I power it up but just give it a bit of time and it adjusts to the proper time and date.

cpr43
11-09-2013, 06:18 AM
The box should be connected to internet or Ethernet in order to keep accurate date and time and properly set in the menu /time setting area

dr.zin
11-09-2013, 07:58 AM
The box should be connected to internet or Ethernet in order to keep accurate date and time and properly set in the menu /time setting area

never heard of that before.
gmt usage should keep it spot on

cpr43
11-09-2013, 04:20 PM
never heard of that before.
gmt usage should keep it spot on

No way to keep time accurate. Since the last 3 updates the clock was fixed using the internet. See July 19th releases notes: Note#3: 3- Time we add built in Internet Upgrade time and also solve the time issue

dr.zin
11-09-2013, 05:52 PM
i never connect to the internet,so I will be sol

Marv
11-09-2013, 11:01 PM
I don't have a problem with the time, Only the date. I have several receivers and never had one that had to be connected to the net to keep the date. I agree with dr.zin. Don't make sense to me either. GMT shouldn't need a internet connection.

MikeB
11-10-2013, 03:11 AM
I leave mine on 24/7. No sleep mode either, and it keeps perfect time and date.

cpr43
11-10-2013, 05:24 AM
Welll you fill you need as you wish. We asked for a time / clock fix and they come up with july19 release. At the time or after that we didnt heard this inputs

dr.zin
11-10-2013, 07:52 AM
I don't have a problem with the time, Only the date. I have several receivers and never had one that had to be connected to the net to keep the date. I agree with dr.zin. Don't make sense to me either. GMT shouldn't need a internet connection.

no other receiver ever had that problem.
if there were issues it was with tp's knocking the time off.
if you notice the problem cropped up with the 12h/24h choice firmware.

tabriz
11-11-2013, 12:39 AM
With the power off button on the remote control.
Turn off the device by pressing the power button device
Much time bieng on !!!!! and this big problem

ingelsat
09-22-2014, 07:51 PM
buenas nocches señores de el foro tengo un equipo square hd premion wifi. se quedon en on perpetuo en donde puedo encontrar el firware de recuperacion gracias guillermo salcedo lopez duitama boyaca colombia.

cpr43
09-22-2014, 09:10 PM
buenas nocches señores de el foro tengo un equipo square hd premion wifi. se quedon en on perpetuo en donde puedo encontrar el firware de recuperacion gracias guillermo salcedo lopez duitama boyaca colombia.

Bienvenido, Aqui tienes el Loader. Dentro del archivo esta todo lo que necesitas. Necesitas tener un cable Null RS232 y tu computadora.