PDA

View Full Version : Using GBOX With The X2 Premium

ftanut
09-28-2013, 01:41 PM
I have all the needed satellites positions set into the GBOX, how and what do I need to do in the X2 Premium to make the X2 command the GBOX to move the dish using the DiSeqc 1.2 function in the X2 Premium. In other words, I want the dish to go to the requested satellite and find the wanted channel.

I have never used the GBOX and any receiver in this mode before, therefore I do not know how to make this work.

Thank You.

ftanut
10-01-2013, 07:38 AM
After playing with the X2 and my GBOX, finally was able to get both units to work together using the DiSeqc 1.2 function. Now I am understanding little by little how some of the X2 functions work. I am still learning.

Thanks.

el bandido
10-01-2013, 08:31 AM
It should be wired like this: Receiver--->Gbox--->Actuator--->Lnb(s). If you wire it this way, the receiver can move the dish automatically when a satellite is called. The only problem is the X2 will not allow you to assign diseqc position numbers. The receiver will assign the first satellite you set up as Diseqc position 1, the second satellite you set up as diseqc position 2...etc. Some receivers will let you select the diseqc position number that you want to use but the X2 does not have this feature. EB

mountaineer
10-01-2013, 12:48 PM
WIth the channel editor you can set diseqc position settings for each sat. If for instance you have 89 C G3C as position 6 in gbox....then you can set it in channel editor as 6 and should work. Keeps you from having to redo positions....I have not tried this with X2...but the optibox anaconda was setup the same way...and you can use its editor to set diseqc positons. I did use the anaconda to push the dish around, but not X2.
may want to try it out...can't hurt.

ftanut
10-01-2013, 01:15 PM
EB, Yes, that is how the X2 is working by assigning the first used satellite the number 1 position as you mentioned...So far no problem with that setup...I am happy with that.

mountaineer, After the next software update, I will try your suggestion of using the channel editor and see if it works out with the X2 Premium.

Thanks.

Perter-Scooter
10-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Looking into this thread does anyone think this would work for setting up sats in the X2: I have all positions listed on paper. If I installed set position 1 as the first sat and then continued with stored position 2 and so on, think this would work?
PS

el bandido
10-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Yes.
To Clarify, The first satellite you set up will be diseqc position 1, and the second satellite will be 2...etc. You do not have to go in the order of the satellite list. You may go in any order you choose.

Perter-Scooter
10-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Great! I will find out more when receiver from here arrives Thursday.
PS