PDA

View Full Version : X2 Editor, move channels, Satellites

Perter-Scooter
10-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Thanks to carlospr43 I have an editor for the X2 that works, well, sort of. I have been able to rename channels in the editor and even get the music on the Huntington Pier. Those small edits work. The problem I am having is when I move channels(all on same satellite)to make a channel list I like. They move without any problem but when the database is saved they revert back to where they were. This can be checked by moving them, saving the file, closing the editor, short pause, opening the editor, loading the just saved file, and everything that was moved is right back where it was before it was moved.
Is there something I am missing that I should do?
Also cannot find any way to move the satellites around in the sat list.
PS

turbosat
10-14-2013, 09:58 PM
Just a guess, but is there an option to "export" or something like that?

eastof111
10-14-2013, 10:04 PM
I just tried moving some channels on 97 ku sat, saved, closed editor. Restarted and loaded same file and it saved the file in correct order.
How are you moving the channels?

eastof111
10-14-2013, 10:14 PM
Here's what works for me...

Perter-Scooter
10-14-2013, 10:54 PM
I just tried moving some channels on 97 ku sat, saved, closed editor. Restarted and loaded same file and it saved the file in correct order.
How are you moving the channels?
When in the editor on the TV Channel tab you can click on a channel to highlight, click on the button move to, a window pops up with the current channel number and you enter the number of where you want to move to. Click on OK. It moves to new location. Same as what eastof111 has shown.

Have to load file with USB. rs232 connects but then times out. Not working.

PS

eastof111
10-15-2013, 01:23 AM
I guess I misunderstood your post. Unfortunately, even when you upload an edited channel list to the receiver via usb stick, it does not retain the edited format. The receiver will sort the edited db to the default setting. But, it will retain a a-z sort if you go to menu>tv channel editor>epg and sort by a-z etc.

cpr43
10-15-2013, 06:38 AM
When in the editor on the TV Channel tab you can click on a channel to highlight, click on the button move to, a window pops up with the current channel number and you enter the number of where you want to move to. Click on OK. It moves to new location. Same as what eastof111 has shown.

Have to load file with USB. rs232 connects but then times out. Not working.

PS

I found out that if you unplug the video output (HDMI or Component) before loading back to the box will pass thru faster without the time out error. Also, sometimes you need to try it several times until it pass thru

Perter-Scooter
10-15-2013, 08:42 AM
I guess I misunderstood your post. Unfortunately, even when you upload an edited channel list to the receiver via usb stick, it does not retain the edited format. The receiver will sort the edited db to the default setting. But, it will retain a a-z sort if you go to menu>tv channel editor>epg and sort by a-z etc.
Well that IS a real bummer. Sounds to me like a firmware update needs to be done so a person can have a sort of channels the way they want not what someone else thinks they should have.

I found out that if you unplug the video output (HDMI or Component) before loading back to the box will pass thru faster without the time out error. Also, sometimes you need to try it several times until it pass thru
Yes, I remember you mentioned that. Will give that a try and see what happens.
Also I asked about a satellite list sort. That possible?
Thanks all for the info.
PS

dr.zin
10-15-2013, 12:53 PM
don't forget you have sharebank to deal with,not just database.
I think people got spoiled by the latest version that lets you deal with the database by itself.
The previous versions of ezm wouldn't let you save the database,you had to save as a sharebank file.

MikeB
10-15-2013, 04:54 PM
Well that IS a real bummer. Sounds to me like a firmware update needs to be done so a person can have a sort of channels the way they want not what someone else thinks they should have.

Yes, I remember you mentioned that. Will give that a try and see what happens.
Also I asked about a satellite list sort. That possible?
Thanks all for the info.
PS

Why don't you just create FAVORITES lists?

eastof111
10-15-2013, 06:21 PM
"Also I asked about a satellite list sort. That possible?"

I sorted the sats in my arc by alpha, loaded to receiver and it works ok. Menu>sat setting shows all sats in alpha. Pressing sat button, still shows sort by scanned sat. Edited sorted channel list returns to default setting. Have to reset to your preference.

Perter-Scooter
10-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Several interesting suggestions. I will have to give everything a try and see what happens.
Currently experimenting with the DVR and timers. Seems to be working so far. Receiver is working OK also.
PS

Perter-Scooter
10-19-2013, 10:43 PM
Why don't you just create FAVORITES lists?
Interesting idea. I'll give that a try.
PS