PDA

View Full Version : Vu+Duo2

eastof111
11-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Well, my Vu+Duo2 arrived in a strangely wrapped package today. My GS was checking to see if there was a taco inside. As luck would have it, my wife happened to be home at the time. Of course she wanted to know what was in it. To make a long story short, I now owe her a few dinners of her choice. LOL!

Time to do some testing this weekend!

solrackm
11-13-2013, 10:41 PM
received mines yesterday, it's going to take a while to get a hang of this receiver.

eastof111
11-13-2013, 11:37 PM
Congratulations Solrackm, if you need help, just holler....

I couldn't wait till the weekend, I had to play with it. I thought the unit might have arrived with the latest bootloader, but it wasn't the case. Pretty easy to install, and then load an image. Tomorrow will hopefully spend some time installing a temp hard drive. Will also look into the possibility of installing a cpu fan close to the tuners. Really like the remote control.... much better than the Raptor.

eastof111
11-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Just finished installing a temp hard drive, until I get a large one. After the install, it would not completely boot up, so the work around was to unplug the sata cable and reboot. Afterwards, it was recognized and I was able to format it and do a complete and personal backup.

I also added a small cpu fan to see if it would help with the cooling of the tuners. It did lower the temps of both tuners by ten degrees from a high of 108-112 degrees. Nothing fantastic, but every little bit helps. Using the fan control plugin makes it easier to control the speeds since both fans are hooked up to the same pin out. I may add an additional heat sink to the cpu later on as it's currently running at 125 degrees as is. The hard drive is running at 95 degrees which is adequate.

el bandido
11-14-2013, 04:58 PM
I have not checked to see if I need to update my bootloader because whatever is in it is working. Good deal on the temprary hard drive. IMO, the Duo2 needs some sort of hard drive installed in order to realize all of the features. A hard drive should be installed even if you do not record!

solrackm
11-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Thanks, Just taking my time learning all the different plugins and other features. Blind scan not the greatest but the tuner is very sensitive.

el bandido
11-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Very Good!
Which image are you running? Image name and Version number?

eastof111
11-14-2013, 06:14 PM
You'll know if you have the latest bootloader when you bootup. The display will show something like CFE2 scroll across the lcd.

solrackm
11-14-2013, 06:21 PM
I am running openatv 3.0 11-12-13

eastof111
11-14-2013, 06:21 PM
I've got something corrupt somewhere. All my iptv bouquets work fine with video and audio. On 101 C band, Metv I get video but no audio. Movies TV I get both video and audio. Weird. Something got corrupted I guess. Tried BH and VTI and they both do the same thing. Probably going to start all over and clean I guess.

Also, tried getting Meoboot to work, but so far no go. Will play with it later after some of the more important issues are resolved.

el bandido
11-14-2013, 07:22 PM
Attached is the OpenVIX firmware that works good for me. You might want to try it. Be sure to do a firmware update after loading in order to get the latest version.

solrackm
11-14-2013, 07:36 PM
I will try it, is there a tseditor for the openvix?

el bandido
11-14-2013, 08:01 PM
i do not think so.
The Duo2 is an Enigma2 based receiver so you will need to use editors that are made for Enigma2 or for Dreambox receivers.

eastof111
11-15-2013, 02:02 AM
"I've got something corrupt somewhere. All my iptv bouquets work fine with video and audio. On 101 C band, Metv I get video but no audio. Movies TV I get both video and audio. Weird. Something got corrupted I guess. Tried BH and VTI and they both do the same thing."

Had some time and tried OpenATV and OpenVix and they don't have the problem mentioned above. Both work fine. Also, the blind scan menu is different in some of the images. The first one is OpenATV and the second is BH. OpenATV seems to be a faster scan and a faster bootup. But some of the menus keep popping up in German. Plus it has an occasional crash.

el bandido
11-15-2013, 08:45 AM
Try the OpenVIX I posted earlier. I have had the audio problem myself. Seems to be connected to ac3 type audio? Reloading the firmware solved it and the problem was only in the two images you mentioned. OpenVIX runs the best for me. Try loading it and then immediately do a firmware update online.

eastof111
11-15-2013, 10:53 AM
The OpenATV and OpenVIX work fine right out of the box. Once the OpenATV gets tweaked by the coders, it should be a very good lean and fast firmware. Going to try and load Meoboot with BH again and see how many images I can get to work. Getting there slowly but surely....

eastof111
11-15-2013, 08:24 PM
Was loading a new image when it froze and it freaked me out. Turns out I used a 3.0 usb stick, even though it claims to be backwards compatible to 2.0. Got a USF-- error # and then stuck in UPDATE. Luckily, was able to reload an image with a good ole Kingston 256 kb stick.

Now working on loading some images with Meoboot, but seems to be hit and miss so far. But when it works, it's great cause it automatically loads all settings no matter which image you boot from.

eastof111
11-15-2013, 09:39 PM
Meoboot in action....

solrackm
11-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Think I will try meoboot out.

eastof111
11-16-2013, 12:40 AM
Well, I wasn't happy with the temp readings even with the small internal fan I added. So, I removed it and install another one the same size as the factory original mounted in the chassis. Just happened to have an extra one in my junk box. Installed it in the same location as the smaller one before. Now the f input connectors read a measly 90-93 degrees. Now, it doesn't feel hot to the touch as before.

I also added a heat sink to the cpu since it had such a nice open space just craving for one. Feel much better now, just in case later the coders add overclocking.

eastof111
11-16-2013, 11:09 PM
Just uploaded the latest nightly build for OpenVix and the blindscan menu will not allow frequencies to be changed. But, while scanning it shows the correct frequency scan for the satellite.

el bandido
11-17-2013, 09:44 AM
Can you post a screenshot of the firmware version info?
I have had problems (bugs) with some of the nightly builds. I only use online firmware updates now. Online or published. I think the nightly builds are more for testing.

eastof111
11-17-2013, 11:03 AM
Here is the screen shot of the image in question.

Since I like to have my sats separated in to C and Ku bands (see Ses 2 - 87º) as an example, that might be causing the problem for me. The default satellite.xml combines both C and Ku bands in to one header (NSS 7 - 20º). I think I will create a new satellite.xml file combining C and Ku similar to the default for my arc and see if that's the culprit.

el bandido
11-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Look closely at your original screenshot and you will see "Frequency values must be between 10700 and 12740 Mhz".
You are trying to change the values to something else besides ku band for this satellite? The firmware will not let you do this easily.

eastof111
11-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Yes, I tried to change the values for a Ku sat to 11700-12200 and it will not change anything, no matter what values I input. The values remain the same.

If I select a C band sat and try to change 3600-4200 to 3700-4200, it changes to 3000-4200. In OpenATV. I have no problems changing these settings to the numbers I want.

el bandido
11-17-2013, 06:40 PM
Interesting.
I am running identical firmware and do not have any problems changing the ku frequency on that satellite.

eastof111
11-17-2013, 10:33 PM
Took a while but reloaded and older version of Vix using Meoboot, then did an on-line upgrade and things are back to normal. Now have to play with the VTI blind scan and see how it performs.

iron.puppy
11-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Hi... do you have a dealer where one of these boxes can be bought here in the states or are you getting these imported ? ... I don't know if I want to get one of theses or just make a HTPC ...I like the simplicity of a stb

el bandido
11-18-2013, 05:01 PM
Plain and simple, I do not suggest purchasing this receiver if you do not have any experience with Enigma2 firmwares.

eastof111
11-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Just scanned about five C band sats and still going. I am quite satisfied with OpenVix and it's latest version for scanning. Not the fastest mind you, but definitely adequate considering the newness of the image. Once they refine the coding, this receiver should scan as fast as an X2 due to it's fast processor. And, should they add overclocking, this receiver should fly. Back to testing.......

eastof111
11-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Forgot to mention that with the new fan addition, the temperature maintains at 34C whether watching HD or SD. Might go up when transcoding is initiated. But since I haven't tried that function yet, will have to wait and see. Also, still using the manual fan control, have not had the need to install the fan control2 plugin.

eastof111
11-20-2013, 10:01 PM
I see they upgraded BH 207.1 to support blindscan in all slots. Haven't tried B & D yet, so I'll take their word for it.

solrackm
11-20-2013, 11:30 PM
I tried it on cband and it did not work, went back to openatv.

el bandido
11-21-2013, 12:04 AM
It has been reported to Black Hole about the C band not working. It appears they have taken an old table scan and modified it. The reason it does not work on c band is because there are no tables for those frequencies. JMO.

OpenATV is more for the Germans. OpenVIX is UK and seems to work better for me.

eastof111
11-21-2013, 11:00 AM
Are either one of you still having problems with Metv not having audio with BH? Even with the latest revision, still no audio. The others I played with seem not to have this problem. Also, Huntington Beach camera video with sound is jerky, but the sound plays fine. For some reason only one of the N. or S. videos with sound will display. It's either one or the other, but not both. This happens on all images I've tried so far.

Too bad there isn't a central location to post all bugs.

solrackm
12-11-2013, 10:41 AM
I hope there is a way they can improve on the blind scanning, I can pick up channels on the vu+ that x2 can't or struggles with when I manually tune in. This is with a 5ft dish. The x2 is king in my opinion when it comes to blind scanning but the vu+ has endless possibilites when it comes to media playback and editing.

el bandido
12-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Which image are you using?

solrackm
12-11-2013, 10:52 AM
I am using pb enigma.

eastof111
12-11-2013, 11:16 AM
The nice thing is you have Meoboot which sure makes it easier to switch back and forth to check for updates.

solrackm
12-11-2013, 11:25 AM
I forgot about Meoboot, need to use that.

el bandido
12-11-2013, 06:06 PM
I am using pb enigma.

Try this one: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

solrackm
12-12-2013, 01:51 AM
The blind scan is similar to the one on openvix.

Pale-Rider
03-15-2014, 11:57 PM
Too bad there isn't a central location to post all bugs.

Technically there is, Vu+ have their own bug tracker but it is largely ignored now, we have a list literally as long as your arm of bugs we have submitted directly to Vu+, but they are notoriously bad at responding / fixing known driver bugs. we in the OE-Alliance ( ViX / ATV etc ) Just end up fixing what we can, but we have no control over drivers.

Pale-Rider
03-16-2014, 12:01 AM
The nice thing is you have Meoboot which sure makes it easier to switch back and forth to check for updates.

To be honest i find meoboot severely over rated, but then again i prefer to flash images individually and set them up fresh each time, guess it's just the tester in me making sure each install is clean and that i'm not introducing bugs by adding backups etc. when you know your way around enigma2, you can setup a receiver from scratch in around 10 to 15 minutes.