PDA

View Full Version : How to reassign motor numbers on X2 Premium HD

wen
11-14-2013, 08:08 PM
I am trying to use my X2 as my primary receiver for both c-band (using vbox7 and ku band using USALS motor) , but just can't figure out how to assign a diseqc motor position number to a particular satellite (using DMC vbox7) rather than let the X2 simply assign them in numerical sequence. If I can't do this, then any suggestions on exactly how to change the satellite list and include these motor numbers and then write them back to the X2.

All suggestion sincerely appreciated.

wen
11-14-2013, 10:04 PM
el bandido has already answered the first question: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Although I am sure several receivers do not have the capability to assign motor positions, fortunately this is the only one I own that does not. It should probably be added to the requested features as the motor menu looks like it was set up to do this, but just has not been implemented at this time.

I believe Costactc said he only uses the vbox to control the antenna, but that is not an option if the vbox is located in a different room from the receiver as many are.

Without this feature, I do not see how it is possible to use a pre-programmed vbox with the x2 stb. Maybe there is another way to accomplish this.

It is such a good stb, that it puts many others to shame is many areas, and is hard to beat as a great blind scan box!

el bandido
11-14-2013, 10:22 PM
You can manually assign them.
I think you press the OK button on the remote when you have the diseqc 1.2 position highlighted, causing a drop-down box to appear. I do not have my X2 connected at this time because I am working with another receiver but I will try to connect it and verify this info. EB

wen
11-14-2013, 11:02 PM
You can manually assign them.
I think you press the OK button on the remote when you have the diseqc 1.2 position highlighted, causing a drop-down box to appear. I do not have my X2 connected at this time because I am working with another receiver but I will try to connect it and verify this info. EB

Thank You, el bandido. That does indeed work as you described. You are a genius!

The count does stop at 64, but you can only check 64 of the satellites to use now!!!

If you are able to get them to update the satellites to 99 and update the motor count to 99, this box will be better than the Azbox in many aspects!!!!

The menu shows OK - Pop when on the Position number, so you can indeed match vbox satellite numbers up to 64 (and hopefully up to 99 one of these days)

el bandido
11-14-2013, 11:23 PM
I would like to have 99 Diseqc 1.2 positions too!

There are some limits that should be noted.
(1) You cannot store the same Diseqc 1.2 position to more than one satellite.
(2) You cannot move a Diseqc 1.2 position once it has been entered.
You will get the position conflict error if you do either of the above.

I suggest setting the diseqc 1.2 positions first before doing anything else.

wen
11-15-2013, 12:03 AM
You solved the hard one. But if you cannot assign the same P number to more than one satellite, I am still in trouble. My satellite list now has 78 fta sats after getting rid of all of the dbs sats.

This list runs from my line of site Intelsat-903C to AMC-8C. I need to get rid of 14 more sats! That is why the expansion from 64 to 99 sats will be valuable to a lot of us in North America.

Can I just re-load the firmware or just the satellite list to get rid of the six that I just stored that need to be changed? I can reset the vbox and re-program all sats, if I have to, but I still need to change the P number on those six sats!

Anyway, thanks so much for hanging around and helping me tonight! The courtesy is much appreciated!

dr.zin
11-15-2013, 07:55 AM
i would try editing the database file with ez manager

dr.zin
11-15-2013, 08:20 AM
I can't imagine that many working sats in a list.
I have 18 ku band sats in my list and that is really pushing it.

Costactc
11-15-2013, 01:42 PM
Between ku and c band I scan in approximately 65. I keep my bands seperate though and I use my positioners just to move my dishes with stored positions for each individual satellite.

wen
11-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Between ku and c band I scan in approximately 65. I keep my bands seperate though and I use my positioners just to move my dishes with stored positions for each individual satellite.

Yes, I love to read your scans and always look forward to a new one!!!!

I wrote in the number of channels that you scanned in April on my lists and that really gives a good reference when I blind scan a satellite.

Since you have 65 and I have 14 that you either were unable to scan or had no coverage. This makes a total of close to 79 which matches my 78 satellite version pretty well. It sure would be nice to have 99 sats available for fta enthusiasts!!!

I want to be able to change configurations on the 12 ft Paraclipse for C only(LNBF), C only (polarator) and C & Ku (using LNBF) and C & Ku (using polarator). Then using one of the 1 meter dishes for Ku seems to work pretty well except that it takes two lines to 1 meter dish and 2 lines to 12 ft Paraclipse to juggle these different configurations and to keep the motor current on the 1 meter dish from going through the diseqc switches.

I will probably have to adapt your strategy of using the vbox as a stand a long dish controller, although it is a pain when using it from a receiver in another room and no uhf control for the vbox!!!

wen
11-15-2013, 03:00 PM
i would try editing the database file with ez manager

Please send me a screen shot and description of how to do this. I cannot find a column to edit with the motor number available to edit for the X2.

wen
11-15-2013, 03:52 PM
I can't imagine that many working sats in a list.
I have 18 ku band sats in my list and that is really pushing it.

I am not sure how to imagine it either, but that is how many I have in my satellite list. It was compiled originally for the Azbox from the website satellites-xml.eu which is a european website (updated daily) used to compile sat lists for many different stb's that have software that accepts the xml file. I then used lyngsat to verify.

The last firmware update in my sig for the X2 came with 81 satellites listed, although a few of them are not valid.

Part of the fun of c-band has got to be finding a new channel or a new satellite and it is certainly more enjoyable if the sats and their transponders are readily available to scan or blind scan on a fast receiver like the X2.

dr.zin
11-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Please send me a screen shot and description of how to do this. I cannot find a column to edit with the motor number available to edit for the X2.
it's on the connect info tab in ezm

wen
11-15-2013, 05:21 PM
it's on the connect info tab in ezm

Yes, I had found that one. It shows all 81 satellite numbers, but the motor Position is limited to 1 through 32. Is there a way to enter motor positions above 32 since the box takes positions up to 64 (and maybe 99 someday)? Are there any updated tools that work for this box or at least for the satellite screen?

dr.zin
11-15-2013, 05:26 PM
there were 3 versions of ezm; v1.04 v1.07 and v2.03
I assume you were using v2.03 which should do 64 unless it has a bug in it.

wen
11-15-2013, 05:38 PM
there were 3 versions of ezm; v1.04 v1.07 and v2.03
I assume you were using v2.03 which should do 64 unless it has a bug in it.

I like the answer, unfortunately, it shows v2.0.3 on the one I am using. Does yours show 64 motor positions???

dr.zin
11-15-2013, 06:22 PM
actually you found a bug and I found a bug.
Nov6th firmware ezm won't load the database via rs232,you get a crc error.The database will load if you save it to usb then open it from usb.The ezm 2.03 still has the 32 motor position limit,it should be goosed to 64

wen
11-15-2013, 06:41 PM
actually you found a bug and I found a bug.
Nov6th firmware ezm won't load the database via rs232,you get a crc error.The database will load if you save it to usb then open it from usb.The ezm 2.03 still has the 32 motor position limit,it should be goosed to 64

I like your bug better than mine! Not likely that anyone will fix (goose) it, although it looks like it was designed that way, rather than a bug. Do you know of any other software that will work with the x2 satellite list?

Wonder if the manufacturer has any up to date tools for creating or modifying the satellite list that they would share with this site?

el bandido
11-15-2013, 07:20 PM
A request to extend the diseqc 1.2 positions to 99 and to allow more than one satellite to have the same diseqc 1.2 position number has been sent. Maybe they will adjust the firmware for us. EB

dr.zin
11-15-2013, 08:11 PM
I like your bug better than mine! Not likely that anyone will fix (goose) it, although it looks like it was designed that way, rather than a bug. Do you know of any other software that will work with the x2 satellite list?

Wonder if the manufacturer has any up to date tools for creating or modifying the satellite list that they would share with this site?
actually a bug for 2 versions of ezm
if I remember correctly the 64 diseqc sat positions were added back in march 2013 firmware,so that was the v1.07 of ezm vintage.