PDA

View Full Version : Testing LCD display

eastof111
11-25-2013, 08:49 PM
Last night I was testing the LCD display to see if a signal meter and the satellite name could be added to the default LCD display. Yes, it sure can, and it works pretty good.

I added a bar graph meter that goes from red (low signal strength) to green (high signal) plus the mentioned sat name. Attached are pixs showing the default, low and high signal displays. Also, attached is the LCD file if anyone wants to test it, along with the default display file as a backup.

I might also mention that the sat name can me modified to what ever one prefers by editing the satellite.xml file.

solrackm
11-25-2013, 09:15 PM
what do you use to modify the sat.xml file?

el bandido
11-25-2013, 09:18 PM
I use dreamboxEDIT.

How do we install the LCD file?

Edit: File is in: /etc/enigma2

el bandido
11-25-2013, 10:03 PM
I replaced the file in enigma2 but it does not work. What did I do wrong?

el bandido
11-26-2013, 12:10 AM
The LCD was turned OFF in the settings. That is what I did wrong. It works now.

Any chance to change the signal level to DB instead of SNR in percent? I prefer the DB level.

eastof111
11-26-2013, 12:11 AM
I only tried it so far in OpenVix and BH. It works fine in OpenVix, but BH is blocking it for some reason. Haven't figured that one out yet.

For OpenVix:

The procedure to chanage the LCD file is:

1-go to LCD4linux plugin and press menu button
2-press Save Config to file...(/tmp)
3-the new saved file will now display
4-exit menu

1-use Filezilla and go to /tmp and copy the *.lcd file to your PC
as a backup. Not really needed but good to have.
2-upload the modified *.lcd file to the /tmp directory
3-go to LCD4linux plugin and press menu button
4-the modified lcd file should display and select it
5-exit menu and press save (green button)

eastof111
11-26-2013, 12:13 AM
"Any chance to change the signal level to DB instead of SNR in percent? I prefer the DB level."

Don't know, will check and see.

eastof111
11-26-2013, 12:25 AM
Can't find any other listing other then the actual Signal Quality Bar.... it's either yes or no. If I find something, I'll post it.

eastof111
11-26-2013, 10:55 PM
Well, looked around a bit more in the menu system and was not able to change the % to db bar graph. I did find a tuner display which does dB but can't be modified to display bar or color etc. So, I added a second display page that now shows the dB, internal temp, fan rpm and the channel settings.

The screens will change every 20 seconds or can be adjusted in the LCD4linux menu from 5s. to 10 minutes. There's many more items that can be displayed using more screen pages.

el bandido
11-26-2013, 11:44 PM
Is there any way to change the information on the main screen of the receiver?
I would probably like to eliminate the time on the LCD screen because the time is displayed on the receiver's middle or main screen.

eastof111
11-26-2013, 11:59 PM
You mean the time above ABCD? Don't know, can look and see.

Looks like Vix is using an auto skin with their basics. If I remove it, it changes all the parameters. I'll have to check and if I can, will post.

eastof111
11-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Got the clock out from screen one and added hard drive capacity info to screen two and the 1080 will display correctly.

eastof111
12-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Just saw a video that highlights some of the possibilities of the LCD display. Seems it can be setup to display a video cam on one of the screens, offering many possibilities. This would be great for parents with kids playing in another room that want to monitor for safety reasons. Or, monitor a security cam outside the house or any where else for that matter. Pretty nice idea....

eastof111
01-02-2014, 04:37 PM
I never received a response on the Vu+ website regarding using video cams with the lcd display. Checked with the author's site of LCD4Linux and found the following capabilities. Translated.....

It can currently:
- Picon
- The program name, broadcast name, channel number, date / time (digital / analog), Progress, current / next program (mini-EPG) See next shots, Tunerbar, satellite position, providers, data storage allocation, sensors, video / audio, bit rate, volume, Online Ping, Imap/Pop3-Mail, moon phase, HDD
- Call Fritz connection
- Image, directory or http link to an image definable (more)
- Text file and HTTP text (more)
- Displays the existing Cover + Cover Download
- 2x MSN Weather display for up to 5days (multiple design's)
- Netatmo support ( [Only registered and activated users can see links] ) / required Netatmo plugin
- Calendar with iCal display
- All freely adjustable in size, position, color
- 9 different views defineirbar / automatically changing
- Brightness On and Idle
- Different views for On / Media Player / Idle
- Supports 3 LCD displays (including 2 x same type) simultaneously Bucks TFT, Pearl and Samsung photo frame
- OSD display
- WebIF for display of the image, thereby also wireless connection possible; WebIF configuration
(Over 1300 settings!)

I guess we'll have to wait for the video cam feature when it is hopefully added to the images. I viewed a video where it works with a Samsung picture frame display, connected to other receivers, one of which was a Dreambox.

eastof111
03-16-2014, 01:37 AM
Had some time to do some tweaking of the LCD display.

Screen 1- Added more space for current program name.
Screen 1- Removed unused tuners - will display active tuner only.
Screen 2- Added CPU %.

Screen 1- Internet streaming program name will now display in
gold color.
Screen 2- Will display fan rpm, CPU % and load factor.
Screen 2- Will display streaming format.

These changes take effect when switching back and forth from a sat channel to a streaming channel.