PDA

View Full Version : X2 Premium HD Jan-25 - Discussion

ViP3R
01-25-2014, 11:54 AM
Solve the FTP Upgrade also improve the IPTV and Wifi.

File >>> [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Discuss this Topic here.

cpr43
01-25-2014, 01:22 PM
Previous database loaded fine into this new release.

ViP3R
01-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Thanks carlos..

eastof111
01-25-2014, 06:26 PM
IPTV comes with 62 urls pre-assigned in firmware (my iptv) mostly Russian. Items cannot be deleted. Upgrading from usb stick will randomly select one url from stick and updates (my iptv) to 63 urls in memory. In other words, cannot delete my iptv urls to load usb stick urls.

MikeB
01-25-2014, 08:13 PM
Is there any chance the "30 second skip" for recorded programs made it into this version?

ViP3R
01-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Is there any chance the "30 second skip" for recorded programs made it into this version?

I don't believe so Mike, this was a file in the works before the last requests..the 30 second skip feature was sent to the engineers to look at among other things.
I'm hoping we see this in the next release.

And east I sent the IPTV issue for them to solve.

Costactc
01-26-2014, 03:11 PM
Previous database loaded fine into this new release.

Did you use the receiver backup or usb? I just saved my database and flashed the new file...its all gone.

eastof111
01-26-2014, 03:17 PM
For me, it froze after flashing, this never happened before. Saved DB to memory, then saved DB to usb just in case, flashed receiver with new firmware, froze. Turned power off and receiver booted ok. Uploaded saved DB from usb and receiver rebooted ok. So far, everything ok.

cpr43
01-26-2014, 03:33 PM
Did you use the receiver backup or usb? I just saved my database and flashed the new file...its all gone.

I use the receiver backup. I restored it after loading the new file and it came back OK. I usually do a factory reset after loading any new file

Costactc
01-26-2014, 03:38 PM
All gone here on my c band setup, starting over at Express AM 44 at 11w.

cpr43
01-26-2014, 03:54 PM
For those who doesn't want to loose their database, there are 3 ways to save yours: Receiver database backup/ restore feature inside or internally in your own box , at the setup menu Upgrade and backup, Backup to USB (right arrow to choose Database) using your USB pen drive or use the null cable with the EZM editor and send file from receiver (database) to your PC after connecting both.

Costactc
01-26-2014, 03:59 PM
Scanning over gives me the chance to see if any new tp or channels are up there on some sats I don't frquent too often. I also have to setup all sats from 11-27.5w as they are not on the sat list.

Dave54
01-27-2014, 04:41 AM
Recently purchased this fta receiver and have a problem.
The radio channels not working at all, no sound and the channel listings are all scrambled with yyyyyy.
Tried this new firmware and made no difference, also tried the factory reset several times.
I enjoy the way this unit works, its fast, and easy to use, but, need the radio stations.
Any Ideas - Thanks

rrob311
01-27-2014, 06:10 AM
Welcome to Legit Dave! What satellite in particular are you trying to listen to the radio stations?

tanka2
01-31-2014, 08:53 PM
Carlos very good job.New release are fine no problems.Good support

tanka2
01-31-2014, 08:56 PM
I like the support for x2 compare to the az and vantages I have the x2 are the best support.For the price no complains

FatManWalking
02-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Sadly, it looks like this January version appears to have broken the EPG that the December version fixed on G-19. Ebru, JN1, RT, etc. no longer have anby EPG information.

Is it just me or my configuration?

thanks in advance,
FMW

Costactc
02-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Sadly, it looks like this January version appears to have broken the EPG that the December version fixed on G-19. Ebru, JN1, RT, etc. no longer have anby EPG information.

thanks in advance,
FMW

Just revert back to the December file.

FatManWalking
02-02-2014, 02:08 PM
I would have never figured that out without your insight, thanks!

I wasn't complaining about it. I was hoping that by reporting it, the powers that be, might pass it up the food chain so that it might get fixed in the next release.

I won't bother to report anything again.

FMW

Costactc
02-02-2014, 02:28 PM
I would have never figured that out without your insight, thanks!

I wasn't complaining about it. I was hoping that by reporting it, the powers that be, might pass it up the food chain so that it might get fixed in the next release.

I won't bother to report anything again.

FMW

Are you serious?

FatManWalking
02-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Are you serious?

You tell me. How should I respond to your smug and patronizingly obvious answer?

Not everyone with low post counts is an idiot or a newbie, or likes being treated as one.

I've been playing with sat reception for almost thirty years, and computers since I was storing my programming on punch cards. This ain't my first rodeo.

WoD

Costactc
02-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Hats off to your experience bud but my response was just a quick solution to your problem. Your mistake if you think you're being treated like an idiot, that was not my intention.

FatManWalking
02-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Your mistake if you think you're being treated like an idiot, that was not my intention.

Then I'll slowly start removing the needles from the voodoo doll....

FMW

Costactc
02-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Then I'll slowly start removing the needles from the voodoo doll....

FMW

Just curious, are you intentionally attempting to get banned?

FatManWalking
02-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Just curious, are you intentionally attempting to get banned?

To be totally honest with you, if your reply to my earler post today about the EPG is any indication of the caliber of "experienced" users in this forum, and the level of alledged "help" that's considered to be the norm, I really don't see need for me spend time here.

If you want to ban me, then quite trying to threaten me, and so it. I have a recessive "ass kissing gene" so you won't suceed at trying to scare me into begging you to let me stay and stroking your ego. I promise to not loose any sleep over it.

FMW

Costactc
02-02-2014, 04:44 PM
To be totally honest with you, if your reply to my earler post today about the EPG is any indication of the caliber of "experienced" users in this forum, and the level of alledged "help" that's considered to be the norm, I really don't see need for me spend time here.

If you want to ban me, then quite trying to threaten me, and so it. I have a recessive "ass kissing gene" so you won't suceed at trying to scare me into begging you to let me stay and stroking your ego. I promise to not loose any sleep over it.

FMW

You really are quite amusing. I'd really like to know which site you came from and what the **** you want. I would suggest you go back to where your experience will be appreciated but do stick around if you like as you might be able to enlighten us with your knowledge.

FatManWalking
02-02-2014, 05:23 PM
You really are quite amusing. I'd really like to know which site you came from and what the **** you want. I would suggest you go back to where your experience will be appreciated but do stick around if you like as you might be able to enlighten us with your knowledge.

I found this forum after spending some time with one of the search engines. I didn't come here to stir the pot. At the time I was looking to supplement my old S9 receivers and the new X2 looked like a very reasonably priced candidate.

I wanted to read input from owners and their experiences. This forum seemed to be one of the more informative one on the subject and answered my questions. My primary questions were about ongoing firmware development and customer support. From what I read, both seemed positive. As a result, I bought a couple of the receivers.

I'm still here but to keep an ear to the rail for any weird hardware quirks that may exist in the X2 like the S9 had. It's a lot easier to prophylactically replace a polyfuse here, or a voltage regulator there, BEFORE a failure. The software quirks I just have to live with until updated firmware is released.

FMW

eastof111
02-02-2014, 06:04 PM
There are still some firmware problems to resolve in the X2. But they continue to provide support in correcting problems and adding customer requests to their builds. Unfortunately, as with many receivers, be it a $50 or $600 item, when one problem is fixed another may pop up or an older gremlin may return. This has happened to many of us with many other receivers we have purchased.

The positive point is that they are still providing support and not brushed it aside by issuing a new receiver to the market.

FatManWalking
02-02-2014, 06:48 PM
The positive point is that they are still providing support and not brushed it aside by issuing a new receiver to the market.

Agreed. Sadly, THAT seems to be a rare thing any more. I like the fact that the I, the II, and the SRT-xxx or whatever the new model is, all use the same firmware. After a while, perfection or something very close, stands a good chance of being achived.

Come to think of it, I never really noticed this prior to the last couple of revisions, if I don't poweroff the receiver after every dozen or so blind searches, it will lockup and require an unplug. I guess that there's a memory managment issue that needs to be resolved.

FMW

dr.zin
02-02-2014, 07:24 PM
surprised support lasted as long as it did.
openbox was only good for about 9 months of support per model.

el bandido
02-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Perhaps the X2 is not the problem. Did anybody bother to check and see if the EPG is working on other receivers besides the X2?
I checked Ebru using my Duo2 and do not find any EPG info on it except for IMDb. EB

Blank EPG Box

IMDb Query

IMDb Searc Results

Ebru Channel Info

eastof111
02-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Yep, totally forgot about that... Ebru and RT haven't worked for the last few days on mine either.

el bandido
02-02-2014, 11:02 PM

thanks in advance,
FMW

Just revert back to the December file.

FMW

FMW, I think if you would have taken the advice of Costa and went back to the December file, you would have found that the EPG for those channels does not work with that file either.
I do not run the X2 receiver on a daily basis, nor do I normally view the 97W Ku satellite. I did take the time to check for EPG data on two of the channels you mentioned using two different receivers. To Put it in a simple form, no EPG data seems to exist for these channels right now.

Sometimes the simplest solution is the one that is overlooked and is the one that is ridiculed.
Attached is a picture taken this evening using the X2 with December firmware, tuned to JN1 TV at 97W Ku. EB

dr.zin
02-03-2014, 08:46 AM
jan 2013 firmware doesn't show any epg data either,so 1 year old firmware had the same problem if the epg exists at all.
I didn't try other brands of receiver.

cpr43
02-03-2014, 02:11 PM
No EPG on any of my STBs on G19 97W Ebru TV, Russia Today etc at this moment

Linkbox 8000HD Local
Openbox S10
openbox X5
Skybox F3
X2 premium

Silverado5150
02-04-2014, 12:05 PM
The DW-TV channel on 103W 3740V-29270 is another place to test for a working FTA EPG.

ftanut
02-04-2014, 02:41 PM
Have not upgraded to the January firmware, using the Dec 18 2013, and the date is always changing to different months, days, and years.....But the HOUR or TIME is always on the spot. That is very strange about the Date information.

Is anyone having this anomoly with the December or the new January firmware.

Thanks.

Costactc
02-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Using the January file, connected via wifi and both the date and time are spot on.

ftanut
02-04-2014, 03:29 PM
Will give the January file a try. Just hate to loose my settings from the December firmware.

Costactc, do you keep you receiver on all the time?

Thanks.

Costactc
02-04-2014, 03:35 PM
No, I don't keep it on all the time although it likes to turn itself on quite frequently. Save all your sat and channel info before upgrading.

cpr43
02-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Its mentioned back in the post how to backup your database

rrob311
12-16-2014, 08:59 PM
I just loaded this firmware and like the added touch of transponder count during the blind scan. I tested the bandstacked lnb setting and it still double scans the polarites. For example: 4000H 26400 would also scan 3400H 26400 and 4600H 26400. The double scanning makes the blind scan take much longer and it adds a bunch of new transponders that need to be edited out. I am offering one of my bandstacked lnbs for testing if x2 is unable to obtain one in order to fix this problem.

cpr43
12-17-2014, 03:06 PM
I just loaded this firmware and like the added touch of transponder count during the blind scan. I tested the bandstacked lnb setting and it still double scans the polarites. For example: 4000H 26400 would also scan 3400H 26400 and 4600H 26400. The double scanning makes the blind scan take much longer and it adds a bunch of new transponders that need to be edited out. I am offering one of my bandstacked lnbs for testing if x2 is unable to obtain one in order to fix this problem.

Hi rrob
I know X2 is working in a new release for the PII, I'll forward this info to see if they're interested on testing the bandstacked LNBs. Thks

dr.zin
12-17-2014, 05:14 PM
I had old firmware on it and when I was having problems with the motor I put this version on and redid all the settings.
I did notice it was easier to delete channels,I don't know when they made that change since there was a time when my receiver was dead and I missed a lot of updates in between.

dr.zin
02-01-2015, 07:00 PM
it does have some sort of anti downgrade feature built-in.
I tried to convert the x2 to the golden interstar firmware but loading a made .stp file I would get

Upgrade Application with Xmodem
Please send upgrade file
C
>> Check image parity...

Sign Error!

So I made an x2 app from the interstar .stp using ezm which really screwed up the x2,I couldn't load any file via rs232 after that.Then it dawned on me that I have to make an .stp from the jan 2014 file to recover which I did and it did start working again.