PDA

View Full Version : It starts!

wbarrett
02-24-2014, 01:00 PM
I just received my Vu+ Duo2. Took 11 calendar days from order to front door!

===
Bill

chewie
02-24-2014, 01:29 PM
I got mine This Saturday it took about 11 days, is up and running, the remote control green button is working intermittent, I have to make a forward motion with the arm and pointing to the Box and press and works every time, I hope is only dirty inside.
I have a Harmony remote and they have the files for the VU+ DUO2 I loaded it to the remote and it works faultlessly, you going to like this box.
Regards.
Chewie

wbarrett
02-24-2014, 01:34 PM
Chewie

What is the trick to get the HDMI to switch to 60 Hz?

===
Bill

chewie
02-24-2014, 03:39 PM
Hello Bill
I have a Haier 7 inch TV, Monitor, it only has A/V composite video outputs, hook it up to the box and I was able to see the menu.
I setup the language and than exit the wizard setup and go to MENU/SETUP/SYSTEM/A.V SETTINGS, SELECT HDMI>60 Hz. I also had the a HDMI cable connected to the TV, therefore
when I change to 60hz It came on the TV screen.
Hope this helps.
Chewie

Costactc
02-24-2014, 03:42 PM
Gotta love those receivers that boot in Pal, I too keep an old school tv for that purpose and for outdoors.

wbarrett
02-24-2014, 04:48 PM
I kept at the remote and stumbled across the AV menu blindly. Got a component 480p and 60Hz to work... then once I saw the video, I got the HDMI to work.

Funny thing is... I found a post on a Europe site with Eastof111 in which some Euro-guy claimed HDMI was no affected by the 50 Hz settings. Riiiiiiight.

I need to load a better image. The factory one does not even have a satellite list beyond 58w

===
Bill

eastof111
02-24-2014, 04:55 PM
"Gotta love those receivers that boot in Pal"

Yes sireee, it also helps keep those eye muscles in shape :yes2:

chewie
02-24-2014, 05:13 PM
Just remember that everytime you install a different image is going to come up in Pal mode.
Regards.
Chewie

wbarrett
02-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Just remember that everytime you install a different image is going to come up in Pal mode.
Regards.
Chewie

Great googly moogly. This PAL this is a massive pain and every image I have tried necessitated a round of figuring out how to get video to work.

I tried the factory image, Blackhole and OpenVIX. Think I like VIX best so far and now that HDMI 60 Hz is working I sure don't want to go through that again any time soon.

I got 121w Ku and 101w c-band working. Picture is fantastic. The speed over the AzBox Premium Plus is amazing. I am keeping my AzBox in the system for CBS 4.2.2 Next will be the experimenting with USALS and my ASC-1 positioners.

Thanks to all for turning me onto this box and the Engima2 world. Very cool.

===
Bill

wbarrett
02-24-2014, 07:44 PM
I got mine This Saturday it took about 11 days, is up and running, the remote control green button is working intermittent, I have to make a forward motion with the arm and pointing to the Box and press and works every time, I hope is only dirty inside.
I have a Harmony remote and they have the files for the VU+ DUO2 I loaded it to the remote and it works faultlessly, you going to like this box.
Regards.
Chewie

I use a Harmony One myself. Good to know the database signals are good. I found I had to manually learn some buttons on both my AzBox and the Manhattan remotes.

===
Bill

el bandido
02-24-2014, 10:19 PM
I see you have made good progress.
The 60Hz thing I think maybe more of a problem than PAL. My tv will show 50-60Hz and Pal, but this was not always the case. My older tv's will only display 60Hz.
Some images will display the Mode (HDMI or other) and the Hz on the big screen in the front of the receiver. Look for that next time you go searching for new images.

Alos, Maybe learn how to make back-ups of images that you can load from the front thumb drive. These back-ups can be configured for your system and are fast way to recover the receiver. IMO, E2 is a very good OS once you understand it and know its quirks and limits. EB