PDA

View Full Version : X2 receiver no signal

Gary Bidwell
02-28-2014, 06:42 AM
My X2 receiver has been losing all of quality and signal .I have swapped to a another receiver and all connections and lnb and switches work good . So it is in the receiver can anyone help. I have been installing and working on satellite systems for over 25 years, so I have check the oblivious !:sadtear:

el bandido
02-28-2014, 09:04 AM
What are the H and V voltage values at the back of the receiver?

Gary Bidwell
02-28-2014, 01:06 PM
It will be 13.5 and 18. and then nothing, I check more than once . I changed the thermal resistor and am testing it, its worked for 3 hours so far. But it has worked for 8 hours then stop working. So I see what happens

mountaineer
02-28-2014, 01:15 PM
can you post a picture of what you replaced and where it is on the board...please. thanks

Gary Bidwell
02-28-2014, 03:32 PM
The replaced part made no difference stop working, but still has 13v and 18v in the back. Also it does not automatically turn on the V-Box.

Gary Bidwell
03-04-2014, 06:30 AM
Well I figured it out it was the thermal resistor and the diseqc switch. Thank for the help.

mountaineer
03-04-2014, 07:11 AM
can you post a picture of what you replaced and where it is on the board...please. thanks

Gary Bidwell
03-06-2014, 08:07 AM
My camera is broke have to wait to post picture, the part is in the power supply area it is black with NTC 100-7 ON IT. i HOPE THAT HELPS

mountaineer
03-06-2014, 08:26 AM
thanks, I will look for it. if you do get a picture please post it. My X2 is having similar problems,,,,almost like LNB is shorted ...even when no lnb is connected. i used a meter to measure continuity from coax ground to coax power and there is too much continuity and thus a short somewhere. i did this with no coax on it, but with the top off and directly on the tuner. The "short" causes box to constantly restart never tuning or staying on more than 3 seconds...without lnb or coax attached.

Edit: It is putting out voltage though.

cpr43
03-06-2014, 09:33 AM
I think we should send this inputs to Mrs Wang at X2sat so they can take a look and see is there any part being used out of specs or poor quality. :th_thumbs20up:

Gary Bidwell
03-06-2014, 02:16 PM
I had a Open-box that did the same as yours and changed that part and it fixed it.

dr.zin
03-06-2014, 03:51 PM
never had my x2 do that

cpr43
03-06-2014, 04:52 PM
2 of my very first x2 hasnt also show any of this symptoms. Still we will like to get some pics

rrob311
03-06-2014, 05:44 PM
I had an issue with my x2 when I first got it where it would not power the lnb at all. I left it off for a few days and then it worked. The problem comes and goes. I haven't attempted to change anything internally.

mountaineer
03-07-2014, 07:03 AM
I cut that piece out and bridged it to just see if it would start up and not reboot, no effect at all, same result. I appreciate the help, but the box is done I believe. It was a good box, lucky it it cost so little.

dr.zin
03-07-2014, 09:32 AM
loading foreign firmware it would act up,but I would just recover via rs232 and it would be fine.
It never did that with legit x2 firmware.

r10fret
03-12-2014, 05:03 AM

NTC 10D-7

Is this the culprit?

It's right next to the power cord VH connector.

I got a returned X2 prem receiver here that when it boots has a signal for one second then immediately you get no signal quality and no signal message. The 13 or 18v are present and even when I power the LNB from another source and use a dc block I still get no signal message and it won't demod the signal. So should I try to replace this? Is there a readily available cross reference for a NTC 10D-7?

rrob311
03-12-2014, 05:52 PM

NTC 10D-7

Is this the culprit?

It's right next to the power cord VH connector.

I got a returned X2 prem receiver here that when it boots has a signal for one second then immediately you get no signal quality and no signal message. The 13 or 18v are present and even when I power the LNB from another source and use a dc block I still get no signal message and it won't demod the signal. So should I try to replace this? Is there a readily available cross reference for a NTC 10D-7?

You say you have a returned x2. Do you sell them?

r10fret
03-12-2014, 06:07 PM
Everything works ok on this one except the demod of the signal, even when you power the lnb separetly through external power supply it still will not demod the signal for more than the first second when the channel banner comes on after it gets past the boot screen. 13v and 18 v can be switched on ant setup page and are fine on the meter. You can get into all menus fine and change L.O. freq but that doesn't do anything either, scans finds nothing, loaded a list of channels from the other x2 to get channels mapped. Only shows them for one second right at startup. Already loaded the .stp to see if that would cure it. No go, same deal.

MikeB
03-13-2014, 04:22 PM
No I don't sell them, I got two that were returned as defective for parts, but everything works okay on this one except the demod of the signal, even when you power the lnb separetly through external power supply it still will not demod the signal for more than the first second when the channel banner comes on after it gets past the boot screen. 13v and 18 v can be switched on ant setup page and are fine on the meter. You can get into all menus fine and change L.O. freq but that doesn't do anything either, scans finds nothing, loaded a list of channels from the other x2 to get channels mapped. Only shows them for one second right at startup. Already loaded the .stp to see if that would cure it. No go, same deal. So it could be that part but I bridged it and that didn't change anything and I also dropped a piece of heatsrink around it to shield it but that had no effect as well. Other than overseas in bulk where would I get one of those NTC 10D-7 or an equivalent part?

Here you go, 20 for $5:
[Only registered and activated users can see links] I've ordered from them before, and it took 7 days to get to me in Michigan from China. Of course I can't guarantee you'll get them as fast.

r10fret
03-13-2014, 04:53 PM
Those are the overseas ones on ebay I was referring too, still waiting to hear more details from the folks that said they replaced them. Would like to know how they determined it was that part so I can check for the same readings before ordering anything.

Gary Bidwell
03-13-2014, 06:17 PM
the part is 100 -70 ntc not 10d-70, it protect the unit from surges it is a thermal resistor.

r10fret
03-13-2014, 06:27 PM
Replaced the NTC 10D-7 but that didn't help.