PDA

View Full Version : Barry Allen and Duo2

eastof111
03-18-2014, 11:39 AM
Last night I downloaded Barry Allen enigma2-plugin-extensions-barryallen_11.2_all.ipk. I chose OpenATV 4.0 at random to test the plugin.

I added noba to the /media/hdd directory so it would not wipe out the hard drive and inserted a usb stick into the port. Used Software Management to install ipk with no success. Then used putty and it proceeded with the installation process. It displayed a success.

Rebooted and checked to see if it was actually installed. It was not. Check my hard drive to see if it was intact. It was and no harm was done.

Next to check will be OpenVix Zeus and others to see if BA is compatible.

Pale-Rider
03-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Officially multibooting is not supported by OpenViX or the most of the OE-Alliance based image teams, Thats not to say it wont work however.

el bandido
03-18-2014, 12:48 PM
You will find that we do not care if something is officially supported supported or not. If it is there, one of us will probably try and see if it works or if it can be made to work.
Also, this site is individually owned and is not controlled a company. Put simple, we like to test things. Your Openvix point of view or any other team's opinion is also welcomed at this site. EB

Pale-Rider
03-18-2014, 12:59 PM
You will find that we do not care if something is officially supported supported or not. If it is there, one of us will probably try and see if it works or if it can be made to work.
Also, this site is individually owned and is not controlled a company. Put simple, we like to test things. Your Openvix point of view or any other team's opinion is also welcomed at this site. EB

I was simply saying that the OE-A images dont support multibooting applications, so you may find that they dont work natively without having to do some work your self, I have no intention or need to get into a argument on this forum.

What i write here is my own opinion, it is not that of my employer, family, ViX team or dentist for that matter, but if my opinion is not wanted i'll gladly post else where, I get enough grief on the European forums, i dont need it here too.

eastof111
03-18-2014, 01:25 PM
All opinions are read and digested.... that's how we learn of what is working and what is not.

el bandido
03-18-2014, 01:43 PM
"Your Openvix point of view or any other team's opinion is also welcomed at this site."

What part of that did you not understand??? We want to test all options at this site and welcome opinions. And Thanks for taking the time to post as it is appreciated. You can relax here. EB

Sublime
03-18-2014, 04:27 PM
Also, this site is individually owned and is not controlled a company. Put simple, we like to test things. Your Openvix point of view or any other team's opinion is also welcomed at this site. EBPerhaps your post was a bit too serious, EB? I would have probably replied thusly: "Good to know. But...that won't stop us from trying...:bam: ;) "

ViP3R
03-18-2014, 04:52 PM
Perhaps your post was a bit too serious, EB? I would have probably replied thusly: "Good to know. But...that won't stop us from trying...:bam: ;) "

There are many way's about how members take our hobby/passion..and how opinions vary in many ways.

LegitFTA is here so everyone's views and opinions are met with respect!!

eastof111
03-18-2014, 10:09 PM
Same setup as post #1 except OpenVix Zeus 005.

Got a little further this time, it created the BA directories on the usb stick and unmounted the hard drive, with all files intact. But no Barry Allen in the plugins menu.

Pale-Rider
03-19-2014, 01:38 AM
Not sure about the later versions of BA, but it may be that it contains Dreambox only TPM code that prevents it from working on none DM hardware ( many DM plugins now do ), as it was originally developed for the dreambox platform.

eastof111
03-19-2014, 01:34 PM
I think you are right about the latest release.... going to go back a few releases and try again when I have a bit more time.

eastof111
04-04-2014, 12:41 AM
Well, went as far back as 11.0.6 with the same results. Too bad.... would be great to have a universal multi-boot; don't really care who puts their brand on it. It certainly would be good advertising for them. But then again, it would be great to have a fast blind scan with overclocking. Can't complain though, really enjoy testing this receiver along with its images and plugins.