PDA

View Full Version : Latest softwate upgrade

chewie
03-27-2014, 04:27 PM
Hello Guys
I haven't upgraded my X2 lately I want to know if the latest upgrade can be done on line.
I always use USB to upload the software but than I have to upload the Sat list also.
Please let me know.
Regards.
Chewie

cpr43
03-28-2014, 06:22 AM
chewie

Its mentioned that the FTP upgrade problems were fixed on the January released. So I assumed yes, you can do the upgrade on line. Make an internal database backup and an USB as well. Once everything is backup go ahead and give it a try, post results

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

cbandjunkie
03-28-2014, 07:31 PM
Does a rar file have to be converted to a ssu file before updating the receiver?I've never upgraded,but wondered in case I need to some times.

chewie
03-28-2014, 08:02 PM
hello Carlos
Thanks for the information, I did a internal back-up, the USB back up was kind of confusing, end up doing the upgrade by USB, is all good now.
Regards.
Chewie

eastof111
03-28-2014, 11:15 PM
Does a rar file have to be converted to a ssu file before updating the receiver?I've never upgraded,but wondered in case I need to some times.

The rar file contains the ssu file and has to be decompressed to a usb stick usually using Winrar. The same would be if the ssu file was in a zip file, it would have to be unzipped to a usb stick.

cpr43
03-29-2014, 06:34 AM
I just did a factory reset on my X2 and try the Update by Network. It went smoothly. Ran the update process fine. Later I restore my database backup stored in the box and came back fine.

ViP3R
03-29-2014, 09:45 AM
I just did a factory reset on my X2 and try the Update by Network. It went smoothly. Ran the update process fine. Later I restore my database backup stored in the box and came back fine.

Nice!! Thanks for testing that carlos...:th_thumbs20up: