PDA

View Full Version : VFD Display skins

eastof111
04-11-2014, 12:08 AM
For those wanting to change their SD VFD display, there are two skins available in the plugins>display sections that can be uploaded and installed. Once installed you can change it in Menu>Setup>System>Display>Skin and it will display them.

If you want to create your own settings you can edit skin_display.xml. I haven't played with this one yet.

wbarrett
04-11-2014, 09:36 AM
Eastof111... is this for the VFD display or the LCD display? Given the color I assume it is actually the LCD display. If that is correct, have you used the SET UP : SYSTEM : FRONT PANEL DISPLAY : LCD4Linux function to change the LCD?

Here is how I changed mine so I can see what I am interested in from across the room

The level of customization with Enigma2 is amazing.

===
Bill

eastof111
04-11-2014, 10:50 AM
It's for the standard white on black VFD display. By doing so, you can eliminate some items from the high definition LCD display. For example, the progress bar. You can also modify the fonts and colors too plus many other items. The xml file has so many variables listed that without a road map of what they do, it will take a while to figure out.

If you find or figure out some of the variable definitions, please post.

I also created my own, [Only registered and activated users can see links] bu using LCD4Linux.

wbarrett
04-11-2014, 11:53 AM
Nice ideas in there. Time to play some more I see. :bigclap:

===
Bill

Pale-Rider
04-11-2014, 01:28 PM
There were a number of custom VFD skins way back when the Vu+ Ultimo first surfaced, these may help you somewhat in finding your way around the .xml files although they are considered old now and no one seems to create them any more.

Pale-Rider
04-11-2014, 01:32 PM
There were a number of custom VFD skins way back when the Vu+ Ultimo first surfaced, these may help you somewhat in finding your way around the .xml files although they are considered old now and no one seems to create them any more.

There was also very briefly a number of picon packs created for VFD display on the Vu+ Ultimo that you may want to have a look at here.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Pale-Rider
04-11-2014, 01:34 PM
There was also very briefly a number of picon packs created for VFD display on the Vu+ Ultimo that you may want to have a look at here.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

More here.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]!&highlight=vfd+skins