PDA

View Full Version : X2 Premium Support

ViP3R
04-17-2014, 03:04 PM
I have had a few questions asking about new firmware for the X2 Premium ll, and that it has been a few months since the last upgrade.
January was the last upgrade...I know only a few months no biggie..

X2 techs have been busy with the final design and completing the software for the new STB to be ready very soon.
Full testing for all required Certificates is under way and test reports are pending so authorized logo's can be placed on the new STB.

Full specifications and OSD design will be sent to LegitFTA first and published here as well as new software as usual.

In other words this New X2 STB will be announced first at LegitFTA..not even x2 site before Legit.

I guess the reason for this post was just to say that support for the X2 Premium ll will continue once they release the new software for the new box and improvements or issues will still be supported.

Not bad since most discontinue support after a short time...

cpr43
04-17-2014, 03:14 PM
I hope so, i see strange things going on with the sales of iSmart under their name but at the same time not( like hidding something) I'm getting responses from them and I can tell its Mrs Wang. So same company running 2 different business and one of them in the shadow make me a little suspicious, just a personal thought. Most iSmart products are clones from other models. So I guess one of them will disappear at any time.

ViP3R
04-17-2014, 03:25 PM
I hope so, i see strange things going on with the sales of iSmart under their name but at the same time not( like hidding something) I'm getting responses from them and I can tell its Mrs Wang. So same company running 2 different business and one of them in the shadow make me a little suspicious, just a personal thought. Most iSmart products are clones from other models. So I guess one of them will disappear at any time.

Nothing wrong with being suspicious Carlos.. I am as well bro..

I think I mentioned before, but will say again..X2 and iSmart are not the same.

iSmart is a friend sort of partner in some ventures..of X2..iSmart is a Korean company..if you have an iSmart look at the back to see where it was manufactured..you will see Korea..

As you know X2 is from China..They are not the same company...but they help each other with sales.

ViP3R
04-17-2014, 03:52 PM
Did I mention it will have DNLA support.. built in WiFi and Ethernet port...2 USB Ports...I can't say much more apart from it will cost not much more than the Premium ll.
You won't be paying $250.00 for this like the dead fridgefta box....lol

cpr43
04-17-2014, 04:36 PM
Can wait to see the final product!! Dont forget Im available to do the beta test!! Lol

ViP3R
04-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Can wait to see the final product!! Dont forget Im available to do the beta test!! Lol

I knew that..I asked that they send you one...I don't know if this will happen though..:D

Costactc
04-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Looking forward to testing out this new receiver, can't wait. If the tuner is more sensitive then the x2 then it will be worth every penny.

cpr43
04-17-2014, 04:57 PM
Cant imagine a tuner more sensitive than the X2!!!!!!!

ViP3R
04-17-2014, 05:03 PM
The thing is..It's a new X2 different chip...and more sensitive as I:m told..

I can't confirm anything till I see one..But I will say X2 has been true to there word...This should be a fun box to test out for sure...

eastof111
04-17-2014, 06:22 PM
How much longer before we can order one?

ViP3R
04-17-2014, 06:29 PM
How much longer before we can order one?

Not for sure..expected before the end of the month or next...fingers crossed///

eastof111
04-17-2014, 06:36 PM
Cool.... put me down for one!

darkness2013
04-19-2014, 03:18 PM
cant wait to see it in action

zoraq
05-14-2014, 04:38 PM
It would be awesome if it did 4:2:2 video

chifut
05-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Cool.... put me down for one!

Me too.me tooo:agree:

cpr43
05-14-2014, 06:59 PM
This is a very long time since we heard or see any updates on the Premium II :hmmm:

dr.zin
05-15-2014, 05:35 AM
petering out

ViP3R
05-15-2014, 09:59 AM
This is a very long time since we heard or see any updates on the Premium II :hmmm:

It has been a while..they stated that the engineers are working on the software for the new model and once complete we will see updates for the Premium ll as usual. ;)

cpr43
05-15-2014, 10:40 AM
It has been a while..they stated that the engineers are working on the software for the new model and once complete we will see updates for the Premium ll as usual. ;)

Thanks for the update!!

cpr43
06-20-2014, 08:46 AM

Havent see any post anywhere for the X2 lately, people are begin to ask if the X2 support is coming to a end as usually happens with other boxes after 1 or 2 years of production. The IPTV issue still remains unfinished since we cant load a custom IPTV list to it. I know theyre working into a new model that nobody knows nothing about it or havent see any mockup or samples but they need to keep the X2 in the loop so people can realize the support is there now that the price went up!:yes2:

ViP3R
06-20-2014, 11:51 AM
You must have been reading my mind Carlos..

I sent them an email yesterday asking for a status update...as soon as I hear anything back I'll post here.

yosssi
06-21-2014, 01:51 PM

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

cpr43
06-24-2014, 07:25 AM
PREMUIM III
Single-tunner Hybrid Smart STB
Full HD Satellite receiver & PVR
Wi-Fi Module Built-in
Picture
Picture
Picture
FEATURES
SPECIFICATIONS
ACCESSORIES
SOFTWARES
LINKS
Picture
Picture
Picture
● Fully DVB-S2 & MPEG-2, MPGE4, H.264
compliant
● Digital Satellite, Receiver & PVR
● H.264/MPEG-4 Part10, SVC/MVC, MPEG-4 Part2, MPEG-2 and VC-1 video decoding
● One DVB-S2 and One DVBS Compliant
● Recording & Playback with External HDD and USB2.0 Devices
● Simultaneously Recording of 1 Services and Allows Watching 1 others
● Event Recording by EPG
● One USB2.0 Host ports [Mp3 Player & JPEG Viewer]
● Support External 2.5 inch HDD [Optional]
● Blind scan
● Multi-LNB Controlled by DiSEqC Control Version 1.0, 1.1, 1.2
and USALS
● Multi-Satellite Search
● Support EPG [Electronic Program Guide]
● On-Screen Display with Full Color & Resolution
● Favorite Service Groups
● Powerfull Service Control by Favorites, Lock, Skip, Move and
Delete
● Service Sorting by Alphabet, Transponder and CAS
● Multi-language Supported [OSD & Menu]
● Teletext Support
● Maximum 10,000 Services Programmable
● Parental Lock/System Lock/Installation Lock
● CVBS Video & Audio Output via RCA
● HDMI Video & Audio Output [576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p]
● Component [YPbPr] Output via RCA [in HD]
● Optical Output for Digital Audio [SPDIF]
● Software & Service Database update via USB and Internet
● Premium Grade LED Display
● 1W Standby Power Consumption
● 10/100 Base Tx Ethernet port
● Wi-Fi Module built-in

cpr43
06-24-2014, 07:27 AM
General information
- Free to Air , Auto Scan/TP Scan/ Blind Scan
- Receiving Standard Definition and High Definition TV and
Radio channels
- TV Recording over USB drives (PVR-ready)*
- High Speed searching program
- Number of channels: MAX 5000 memory store
- EPG: up to 7-days based on SI information Physical
Specification
- Teletext supported, Support Favorites Group
- Energy saving, Standby mode less than 1W
- Multi-Languages Support, PAL & NTSC Auto conversion,
FULL HD Receiver
- Media Player supporting MPEG2, MPEG4, MKV, AVI, FLV,
JPEG, BMP, PNG, MP3, WMA ... ETC
- Software update over RS-232 Serial Port , By USB, By FTP
from inside the receiver, from X2 Website

Satellite Front-End
- Modulation: Fully Compliant with DVB-S , DVB-S2
(MPEG4 , H.264)
- Input connector: F-connector LNB IN (KU/C BAND)
- Frequency range: 950-2150 MHz
- Symbol rate range: 2-90 MSPS
- Input level: - 25 to - 65 dBm
- LNB voltage: 13/18 V max 400 mA
- Tone control: 22 KHZ
- LNB Control: DiSEqC 1.0/1.2/1.3 USALS
- KU/C Band Supported

Video Decoding & Audio Decoding
- Audio Channel : Mute, Left, Right and Stereo , Joint Stereo
- Audio Decoding : MPEG-1 , MPEG-2 layer I and II & MPEG-4
- Video Resolution : High Definition & Standard Definition
Rear panel Interfaces Input connector
- Satellite IF Input : F-type (LNB IN) , Loop Out
- 2 x Audio L/R (RCA)
- 1 x Video Signal (RCA)
- 1 x RS-232 (9-pin D-sub male)
- HDMI Port
- LAN Port
- USB (PVR & WiFi Dongle supported) USB Hub
Supported
- SPDIF

Front panel Interfaces
- Standby Power button, Menu, Ok, Volume up/down
- Channel up/down and menu navigation keys
- 4-character LED digits display
- 1 Standby LED Indicator
- 1 Signal LED Indicator
- IR Sensor
- CA "Multi CAS Card Reader"

Power Requirements
- Mains input voltage: 100V~250v
- Mains input frequency: 50 / 60 Hz
- Power consumption: Typ.: 8W MAX

Physical Specification
- Operating temperature: +5°C to +45°C
- Storage temperature: -20°C to +65°C

Costactc
06-24-2014, 07:39 AM
Can't wait......hope they use the same if not an even better tuner then the II.

cpr43
06-24-2014, 08:10 AM
I was looking for 2 features

-Closed Caption
-4:2:2

:sadtear:

77ta
06-24-2014, 11:44 AM
A feature I am glad to see:

Component [YPbPr]

cpr43
06-24-2014, 12:39 PM
I guess the SPDIF will make alot of people happy

ViP3R
06-26-2014, 01:37 PM
Havent see any post anywhere for the X2 lately, people are begin to ask if the X2 support is coming to a end as usually happens with other boxes after 1 or 2 years of production. The IPTV issue still remains unfinished since we cant load a custom IPTV list to it. I know theyre working into a new model that nobody knows nothing about it or havent see any mockup or samples but they need to keep the X2 in the loop so people can realize the support is there now that the price went up!:yes2:

They replied today saying that the Premium has been supported for two years and that they think the software is stable.

I sent back that yes the software is stable but there are still some issues that we would like to see fixed and the odd feature such as the 30 second skip for recordings, and that I would be happy to send a short list for them to fix.

If you would like to put together a short clear list I will pass it on so we can hopefully get it done.

They also stated that the software for new Premium lll is now 100% complete and is now in production, but did not give me any timeline on when they will be available to purchase.

chifut
06-26-2014, 07:46 PM
..Nothing with the 'custom IPTV list" on the new X3 ??? :loser:

ftanut
07-14-2014, 10:26 AM
Is the Premium II not being supported because the Premium III is coming out?
Just wondering.

ViP3R
07-14-2014, 10:52 AM
Is the Premium II not being supported because the Premium III is coming out?
Just wondering.

That's accurate.

They have been working on the software for the Premium lll that's now complete. So I hope to see a few things fixed on the Premium ll. I have mentioned to them that we would still like some things corrected or added.

Gary Bidwell
07-22-2014, 06:49 PM
i have a X2 Premium II that is only about 4 months old , it reversed it v to h and h to v, I checked the lnb with a different one no change, I tried a different receiver and it did not have any problem. I reset the receiver to factory and it did not help, I deleted all transponders and did a blind scan, channels show up but all are in revers pol. I flashed it still no change.This is my 3rd X2 I love this receiver. Can any one help.:sadtear:

cpr43
07-22-2014, 07:13 PM
i have a X2 Premium II that is only about 4 months old , it reversed it v to h and h to v, I checked the lnb with a different one no change, I tried a different receiver and it did not have any problem. I reset the receiver to factory and it did not help, I deleted all transponders and did a blind scan, channels show up but all are in revers pol. I flashed it still no change.This is my 3rd X2 I love this receiver. Can any one help.:sadtear:

Hi, Gary
Are you using any switch?? I seen similar behavior when switch/ cables/connector are beginning to go bad. The switch changing behavior becomes sometimes crazy. Try going directly to the LNB and see if there is any change. Sometimes it helps disconnecting the coax cable from the box for some time. When my X2 begin to act this way I know a switch or a cable is going bad and its time to troubleshoot. What you mentioned is true all other boxes keep switching or working OK for a longer period. Rolling back to an older file and coming back to the latest after some time also helps. Good Luck :bigthumbup:

Gary Bidwell
07-23-2014, 07:05 AM
Yes I am using switch but I try with out switch and still worked the same, I try another receiver and it works good, with and with out the switch. I tried using different firmware new and old did not help.

cpr43
07-23-2014, 07:11 AM
Yes I am using switch but I try with out switch and still worked the same, I try another receiver and it works good, with and with out the switch. I tried using different firmware new and old did not help.

Sorry, time to contact the buyer and ask for warranty , Good Luck

Gary Bidwell
07-23-2014, 07:26 AM
The time I send back the receiver and get back a new one it will cost me 4 times the value, I buy it on ebay from X2, ship to states and then shipped to me here in Belize ,Central America.

cpr43
07-23-2014, 07:30 AM
Good Luck!

Costactc
07-23-2014, 12:10 PM
No audio for quite some time on one of my x2 receivers....feed is mainly just for feeds so it doesn't bother me.

ftanut
08-31-2014, 03:01 PM
Still having issues with the Time and Date changing on my X2 Premium, as far as I know, I am using the latest update. Is anyone else having this problem of the Time and Date changing on their receivers. This does not keep the X2 from working, but it is annoying at times. Also noticed that sometimes the X2 Premium receiver freezes when changing channels, and have to unplug it from the wall to reset it. Well, enough ranting for now, LOL.

ViP3R
08-31-2014, 03:13 PM
Still having issues with the Time and Date changing on my X2 Premium, as far as I know, I am using the latest update. Is anyone else having this problem of the Time and Date changing on their receivers. This does not keep the X2 from working, but it is annoying at times. Also noticed that sometimes the X2 Premium receiver freezes when changing channels, and have to unplug it from the wall to reset it. Well, enough ranting for now, LOL.

Personally I have not had any freezing issues when changing channels, the time and date mostly the time can change on different birds when on different satellites from around the world. Is this what you mean?

Maybe others can chime in if experiences same issues. X2 is currently concentrating on the Premium lll software's so Premium ll is at a stand still and to be honest I'm not sure if they will be working on the Premium ll further, but we can always ask. I think they did good for two years of support for a 50 dollar box..much better than many and most others on support.

cpr43
08-31-2014, 03:14 PM
Time is set to keep updated using the Internet. So you must have the box connected using the ethernet port or wi-fi

ftanut
08-31-2014, 03:42 PM
Time is set to keep updated using the Internet. So you must have the box connected using the ethernet port or wi-fi
Well that explains it, because my receiver is not connected to either a Ethernet port or a Wi-fi. And in respect to the time changing when on different satellites, then some of those satellites must be back and some forward on time because I have noticed some years and dates to be anywhere from early 2000 and up to about 2020, really no kidding, I am being honest. That is the craziest thing that I have ever seen. Like I said it does not keep the receiver from working, but do not take the date and time too seriously.

Thanks.

el bandido
08-31-2014, 10:13 PM
Most North American satellites/transponders do not give the correct time unless they are paid or subscription services. This is one reason why I keep my receivers connected to the internet.
The X2 does not have any known issues with freezing that I am aware of, so carefully check your system if you are having freezing issues .