PDA

View Full Version : OpenVix Apollo

wbarrett
05-29-2014, 03:36 PM
I made the jump to the Apollo image. Went smooth this time. The restore handled the HDMI 1080 60Hz just fine this time... no component cable silliness.

I do have a question though... what file(s) do I need to back up to save my timers? I saved /usr/enigma2/timers.xml but that did not work. I only have 4 timers so it is not that bad to rebuild from scratch... but there must be a better way

===
Bill

el bandido
05-29-2014, 04:14 PM
The .XML file for timers should be in "/etc/enigma2". Transfer the timers file from that location, open it and see if it contains the correct timer information.

wbarrett
05-29-2014, 04:24 PM
Hmmm.. That is one I backed up... New image does not read it.

===
Bill

el bandido
05-29-2014, 05:13 PM
I will try to look in a bit and see if transferring a timer file works for me. There may be a trick to it or it may not transfer like I think it does...

Pale-Rider
06-02-2014, 06:17 AM
I made the jump to the Apollo image. Went smooth this time. The restore handled the HDMI 1080 60Hz just fine this time... no component cable silliness.

I do have a question though... what file(s) do I need to back up to save my timers? I saved /usr/enigma2/timers.xml but that did not work. I only have 4 timers so it is not that bad to rebuild from scratch... but there must be a better way

===
Bill

Timers.xml and Autotimers.xml from the etc/enigma2 folder. but place enigma to sleep before messing with them as they are live system files and very prone to corruption.

wbarrett
06-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Thanks... I was in /usr not /etc

===
Bill

Pale-Rider
06-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Thanks... I was in /usr not /etc

===
Bill

sorry my post was not more detailed, I was at the time literally running out the door to get to work,

Remember when doing any thing with system files to place enigma into sleep mode with a telnet session and the init 4 command, otherwise you run a very high risk of corrupting those files. once the modifications have been completed you can restart enigma with the init 3 telnet command.