PDA

View Full Version : Technomate 5402 M3 Super+

Costactc
07-23-2014, 03:25 PM
Just ordered a new technomate 5402 m1 slimline receiver. I was looking for another receiver to use with my 8' dish as I have 2 feeds for that dish and the azbox is basically obsolete. I have been told that the m1 version of this receiver has an extremely sensitive tuner and a fast blind scan. I have been totally impressed with my technomate 5302 that I figured another investment in this manufacturer is well justified, can't wait to start testing it out:

Based on the highest rated satellite receiver…ever! (92% by What Satellite magazine*), the new HD M3 range is even better!

With the future-proof piano black finish TM-5402 HD M3 Super, you can now watch channels in glorious High-Definition (HD), Full HD 1080p with Dolby Digital Plus to give you a superior audio experience. It’s also 3D ready**.

Not leaving the Standard Definition (SD) channels behind, we’ve developed a built-in hardware Upscaler to improve the picture quality of Standard Definition (SD) channels via the HDMI output.

You can use a USB Hard Disk Drive (HDD) to record all your favourite channels, listen to your music and watch a slideshow of your photos. What’s more, you can record up to 2 channels (on the same transponder) whilst watching a file from your USB HDD or watching another channel on the same transponder. You can even watch the .avi and .mkv file formats.

The Ethernet port allows you to connect to YouTube, check your local weather, view maps and listen to online radio.

Instead of connecting your Satellite Receiver to a PC by an RS-232 cable to download software, you can now download software at lightning speeds, taking only seconds compared to minutes by RS-232 on your PC. You can also download channel lists by USB and also upload them as a backup.

The satellite receiver has a channel memory of 10,000 channels therefore you will never run out of space to store your TV & Radio channels.

For searching, there’s a hardware blind search tuner which is much more accurate than software blind search. The satellite tuner is super sensitive to pick up weak signals and weak transponders.

To watch the same channel on another TV, there’s an RF modulator at the rear of the satellite receiver, so you can watch all your channels in your bedroom (requires a cable to be connected from the RF modulator to the second TV).

It’s even Eco-friendly with 1W standby power consumption.

Costactc
07-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Fully MPEG-2, MPEG-4 & H.264 compliant
DVB-S & DVB-S2 QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK, 32APSK Compliant
Output resolution: Full HD 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 576i & 3D Ready*
1x Smart Card Reader & 1x Common Interface (CI) slot
Local IR Extender to keep the TM-5402 HD M3 in a closed cabinet
HDMI Output
Dolby Digital Plus compliant via optical S/PDIF output
10,000 TV & Radio Channel Memory
2x USB PVR Ready Ports via a USB-powered external device: Rewind/Forward, Slow Motion Rewind/Forward, Timeshift (Pause Live TV) & Record Scrambled/Free-To-Air (FTA) channels, play Mp3 files & JPEG viewer
USB compatible with WiFi & 3G Adapters
Record up to 2 channels (on the same transponder) and playback a file at the same time via USB
Fast software download & channel List upload/download via USB 2.0
Ethernet Port
Very fast & detailed hardware Blind Search (power scan)
Scart Output with RGB and CVBS support
Super sensitive tuner for very weak signals and weak transponders
Less than 1 second channel change
DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 & 1.3 (USALS) compatible
PLL type RF-Modulator (Ch. 21- 69) and UHF tuning function
DiSEqC Indicator
Enhanced 16 Favourite channel list groups and sort function
Auto Navigation system - select as many satellites as you want to search automatically
Extended EPG and programme reservation on EPG
Fast & easy-to-use menu system
Channel control by: Favourites, Lock, Skip, Move & Delete
Channel sort by: All, Alphabet, Transponder & CAS
Parental, Installation & Receiver password lock
Multilingual OSD Menu: English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Dutch, German, Italian, Turkish, Arabic, Russian, Greek, Czech
Support for multiple audio language broadcasts
Automatic digital satellite signal detecting function
Manual transponder editing
Supports PAL/NTSC systems
Parental Control
Last channel auto-save and recall function
Various games
Multi-picture display
SCPC & MCPC receivable from C/Ku band satellites LNBs supported: Universal, Single, Single S & C band wideband LNBs
4:3 & 16:9 screen formats
Timer & multi-event timer functions
Automatic FEC and PID detection and manual entry of PID values
Pause capture
Loop through tuner and satellite
Real time clock
Teletext & Subtitle support by OSD and VBI
LNB short circuit protection onboard
Software & channel list upgrade via RS-232C: PC to STB, STB to PC, STB-STB and USB
1W Standby power consumption option

Costactc
07-23-2014, 03:29 PM
System:
Video Decoder:
MPEG-2, MPEG-4 HD, H.264, PAL, NTSC
Audio Decoder:
MPEG-1/2, Dolby Digital Plus AC3 Audio
Tuner:
1x DVB-S2
High-Definition HD:
1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 576i
CPU:
MHz
SDRAM / Flash:
Mbytes / Mbytes
Front:
Front Display:
7-Segment 4-Digit
Front USB:
X
Smart Card Reader:
Common Interface (CI) Slot:
Rear:
Video Interface:
HDMI, 1x TV Scart (RGB, CVBS), RCA
Audio Interface:
Optical S/PDIF
Ethernet Interface:
10/100Mbps
Rear USB:
1x USB 2.0
RF Modulator:
CH21-69, PAL-I/G/K/M, NTSC
Internal SATA Support:
X
Fan:
O
Power Supply:
Input Voltage:
AC 90~250V, 50/60Hz
Standby Consumption:
Under 1Watt
Others:
Size (WxHxD):
260x54x232 (mm)
Weight:
1.8 Kg

ViP3R
07-23-2014, 03:42 PM
Nice costa, they do love that old coolsat case...lol. but it's what's under the hood that matters right.

I don't think any new boxes uses rs232 to upgrade anymore..more of a recovery option now and very nice to have.

I hope you enjoy it and looking forward to a review..

Costactc
07-23-2014, 03:55 PM
Getting a bit restless my friend to test another receiver and the TM 5302 is probably the best I have ever tested for dxing. Can't wait for the premium III to be released.

ViP3R
07-23-2014, 03:57 PM
With some luck I may have the Premium lll by the end of the week to test.

Pale-Rider
07-23-2014, 05:18 PM
I would not put too much stock in wotsats ratings especially when it comes to Technomate, they gave the TM800 a glowing review even though that receiver was a lemon from day one and was till the day TM discontinued it. That said their none linux receivers have always been some of the best available and now their E2 receivers are showing a lot of promise (when they dont mess the rivers up that is).

satcrazy
07-23-2014, 06:01 PM
Costactc, congratulations on the new 5402 M3. I own one and I love it. The tuner is slightly less sensitive than the 5302 but not by much. It's very stable and smooth, and super fast. The blind scan is fast and very accurate.

The best news for you is that 5402 M3 uses the same channel list as the Dr Hd F15. So after you do a blind scan with the 5402, just upload it into a usb, and load it into the F15!!!!!

Costactc
07-24-2014, 12:53 PM
Costactc, congratulations on the new 5402 M3. I own one and I love it. The tuner is slightly less sensitive than the 5302 but not by much. It's very stable and smooth, and super fast. The blind scan is fast and very accurate.

The best news for you is that 5402 M3 uses the same channel list as the Dr Hd F15. So after you do a blind scan with the 5402, just upload it into a usb, and load it into the F15!!!!!

I was told to avoid the m2+3 as its tuner is less sensitive then the m1 which I purchased. The Clarke Tech editor works on Technomate, Dr hd and Clarke Tech receivers.

satcrazy
07-24-2014, 02:49 PM
Are you sure it's the M1? Is it used? Because this box has been discontinued for a long time. I've been trying to get one for a very long time.

Costactc
07-24-2014, 02:53 PM
Are you sure it's the M1? Is it used? Because this box has been discontinued for a long time. I've been trying to get one for a very long time.

I hope so. There is no indication on the picture I saw so I figured it had to be an m1...it's advertised as slimline.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

satcrazy
07-24-2014, 03:14 PM
Costa, that's the 5302.

Costactc
07-24-2014, 03:20 PM
It was advertised on ebay as the 5402 and even the specs, if you scroll a bit down, are for the 5402. Let me check it out again.

Costactc
07-24-2014, 03:25 PM
Here we are, even though the previous one was was for the 5302 the specs were for the 5402:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

I do hope a 5402 is shipped as I would like to test that out but a 5302 would still make a great addition to my 8' setup.

Costactc
07-24-2014, 03:27 PM
That's really odd....all 5402 models come back with the a pic of the 5302. Let's see what shows up.

[Only registered and activated users can see links] vers&hash=item35c49897bf

satcrazy
07-24-2014, 03:32 PM
Good luck!!!!

Costactc
07-31-2014, 12:36 PM
Mailman came a knocking, not bad considering I bought this one week ago. The great mystery has been solved as I am now the new owner of a Technomate 5402 m3 ci super+:

Costactc
07-31-2014, 01:08 PM
Comes very well equipped. Of course I had to hook it up to my ancient tv that I use outside to get it out of Pal:

Costactc
07-31-2014, 01:45 PM
The menu takes me back to the old Coolsat days and extremely user friendly. I cranked in my sat list from 5-127w that I had saved from the ClarkeTech editor and have started scanning. Blind scan is extremely fast and I started at Express AM44 at 11w. This new receiver will be used for c band with my 10' bud at the moment and maybe give it a shot later on on ku:

satcrazy
07-31-2014, 06:04 PM
I'm happy for you costa. This is a very good box.its super fast!!!!!

Costactc
08-01-2014, 12:01 PM
I'm happy for you costa. This is a very good box.its super fast!!!!!

Just curious as to what firmware your using? I'm planning to flash with the latest.

satcrazy
08-01-2014, 02:09 PM
I have 1.22, That's the newest one.

skink
05-23-2015, 05:57 AM
Thanks Costactc for making your N.A. list available.To add this to the receiver,do you extract the file,copy to a usb stick and replace the factory list?Should you copy the factory first before replacing with the N.A. list?These many sound like rudimentary questions,but i rather ask now and avoid complications later.Thanks again

Costactc
05-23-2015, 06:08 AM
Thanks Costactc for making your N.A. list available.To add this to the receiver,do you extract the file,copy to a usb stick and replace the factory list?Should you copy the factory first before replacing with the N.A. list?These many sound like rudimentary questions,but i rather ask now and avoid complications later.Thanks again

Just extract to usb, not necessary to copy the factory at all as those sats are for Europe/Asia. I've been using this receiver for quite sometime so any questions about it will not be rudimentary to me-ask away.

skink
05-23-2015, 06:49 AM
One more question on your list.Some satellites are both C/Ku,should someone edit your list or can you add the satellites later?Thanks

Costactc
05-23-2015, 07:18 AM
You can add the satellites but their orbital position will not be stored if using disecq 1.2 or usals with a hh motor. I just change my sat info accordingly.

skink
05-24-2015, 04:10 PM
The electrical plug that comes with these receivers look like something for an arc welder.This receiver is definitely for the European market.I loaded the N.A. list on a usb stick and plugged it in the receiver.The receiver showed me the items on the stick,but when i clicked on I get nothing.Am I doing something wrong?Thanks

Costactc
05-24-2015, 05:34 PM
I have never had an issue with a file for this receiver:

menu
usb/external drive
usb up/down/file manager
find file
ok

Should work and a really small file so it only takes a split second.

rrob311
05-24-2015, 08:00 PM
Costa how does this receiver compare to your other Technomate? Which is the best? How does the tuner work with low and high bitrate feeds? Does it cover all audio types?

Costactc
05-25-2015, 01:29 PM
Costa how does this receiver compare to your other Technomate? Which is the best? How does the tuner work with low and high bitrate feeds? Does it cover all audio types?

This receiver works awesome with all of the above. Although the M1 model was manufactured in Korea I prefer the M3 because of its fast blind scan. The M1 gui is identical to the older Coolsat 5+6k.

skink
05-27-2015, 04:10 PM
I managed to finally get the N.A. list into the box.It didn't want take it until I turned the box off and when I turned it back on,voila there it was.Thanks Costactc for your help.