PDA

View Full Version : OpenVix 22 to 23

wbarrett
07-30-2014, 04:36 PM
To avoid the need to do a fresh flash, I found that I needed to ftp into /etc/opkg and delete ocram.config otherwise the box reports the server is down for maintenance.

After deleting that configuration file, the one step reflash and settings restore and picons all worked fine.

However, I am getting the fast spinning VIX logo so I reverted back to 22.

===
Bill

wbarrett
07-31-2014, 09:43 AM
So... I loaded 23 via USB and rebuilt the system from scratch. I get same thing. The VIX logo spins rapidly and stays on the screen almost all the time. It does this without loading MatrixHD skin.

Restored back to 22 and all works as designed.

===
Bill

el bandido
07-31-2014, 01:57 PM
Build#23 does not give me any problems.
I downloaded the build from here: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

wbarrett
07-31-2014, 02:14 PM
I got mine from same place.

===
Bill

el bandido
07-31-2014, 02:47 PM
It would be nice if the problem could be figured out, but I would not lose any sleep over it because a new kernel will probably be implemented shortly.

wbarrett
08-01-2014, 05:58 PM
I agree EB. I have seen the fast spinning logo before but usually a full reboot takes care of it. 22 works just fine. In fact I have to admit the last dozen or so fixes fixed something that wasn't broken for me so the updates have been for concurrency only. I really prefer VIX over the other flavors. I really like this Vu+ box and appreciate you guys turning me onto the supplier and this subforum!

===
Bill