PDA

View Full Version : BH 2.1.1

eastof111
08-04-2014, 03:55 PM
Looks like BH is making it more difficult to use multiboot unless it is flashed. Even when flashed, it will not support many images. Too bad.

I see there is a kernel 3.13, so I wasn't imagining it when I had an earlier problem with "experience the difference".

el bandido
08-04-2014, 04:33 PM
Black Hole has very little to offer North America. I had high hopes for their image when I first got the Duo2, but it has became clear that they do not care about supporting our part of the world.
The Black Hole image does not have blind scan for c band, and the time can only be set by transponder time. Other images work much better for our part of the world. EB

mb1
08-04-2014, 04:53 PM
BH is really hole !!
There work is limited to only one part of Europa .They don't care about promoting the Vu +. As i see there is nothing new coming from Vu .99 present of images made on Open Pli code are working well rest is hole !!

el bandido
08-04-2014, 05:48 PM
Black Hole is the only image to date that had atsc almost working. I appreciate what they have tried to accomplish in that area, and I do not know why Black Hole quit working on atsc.

I think every Enigma2 image is a good image. True, some work better than others in our part of the world but it takes a lot of work to put these images together. Even the ones that are copies of Pli or OE. It is good to see a wide range of support for Vu from different groups! EB

eastof111
08-04-2014, 06:18 PM
I guess I will keep OpenSpa in flash until something better comes along. I know it has its quirks, but at least it allows testing other images without having to continuously do a re-flash.

Yeah, too bad BH didn't pursue Atsc.

mb1
08-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Mostly everything is open source. BH coder will not even ad ATSC DTS AC3 decoder in there ATSC image never mined scanning or EPG for NA. VTI and BH is same hole

mb1
08-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Open Spa offers more for NA than combine VTI AND BH

eastof111
08-04-2014, 06:31 PM
Sometimes I get the impression that the receiver manufacturer is putting pressure on the coders NOT to release certain items ahead of their (manufacturer) time line of product updates or releases. I am referring to the coder's that have direct access to the manufacturers.