PDA

View Full Version : Question about the "Notice: No Signal" prompt.

ftanut
09-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Have noticed that many of the selected channels come up with the "Notice: No Signal" prompt, does this means that this/those channels will never be viewable, because the receiver is not able to lock them in, or are these channels signals are not actually strong enough for the receiver to make them viewable. If giving enough time for the receiver to try to lock in the channel`s signal, will they ever come in.

What is a true sign or prompt that will indicate that this or any channel will not be received and viewed.

Thanks.

rrob311
09-09-2014, 10:06 AM
What firmware are you using? Also what are your signal and quality reading when this occurs?

el bandido
09-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Which channels on what transponder and satellite do you get this message?

Costactc
09-09-2014, 10:29 AM
Could be several reasons such as the channel appearing free but it's actually encrypted or it may even be a 4:2:2 feed.

ftanut
09-09-2014, 11:24 AM
It does this in no particular Tp or channel, the prompt mostly pops up when changing channels.

I am using the last firmware issued, the January 25, 2014. Also noticed that if giving enough time resting on a channel, it will lock in to that channel.

Costactc
09-09-2014, 12:01 PM
I have never had that issue come up with either of my 2 x2 units.

Gary Bidwell
09-09-2014, 02:59 PM
I have had it happen on a few channels its is most the time on a borderline signal strength.

eastof111
09-09-2014, 03:43 PM
I have had it happen on a few channels its is most the time on a borderline signal strength.

Same for me.

rrob311
09-09-2014, 04:51 PM
ftanut can you take a screenshot of this and post it? I am familiar with the "No Service" prompt as I have one right now.

ftanut
09-09-2014, 05:41 PM
Are you reffering to to take a picture of the Tv screen, no problem, but I do not know how to send the picture to this forum...Never had I done this before. LOL...I am sure that it is not that hard, but I am clueless about this.

Give me a hint and I will be glad to send the screenshot to the florum.

Thanks.

rrob311
09-09-2014, 06:13 PM
Sure you just save the picture to your desktop or wherever is convenient on the computer. Then below the reply window it will say "Go Advanced". Click that and then scroll down to "Manage Attachments". Click that and then a window will pop up that allows you to add the picture file that you want. Once you click on the file you want you will see it in the menu, after that make sure to click "upload" once it is uploaded you can finish the post and the picture will post with it.

ftanut
09-11-2014, 08:19 AM
Re-scanned the Ku satellites and noticed that the dish setup is a bit off, in other words I am picking up part of 85W when scanning for 87W and so on down the line. Last week we had some very strong winds in my area, and looks like the dish was affected and moved some.

Is there a way that the dish can be faked to move via the USALS command to compensate for the offset. I know that the best method is to literally realine the dish to the proper degrees, but I am trying to minimize work effort LOL.

If this is possible, about how much would I have to deviate on the USALS setting in order to have the dish pointing to the right satellite degrees needed to be right on.

Thanks.

Costactc
09-11-2014, 08:43 AM
Change your west coordinate in the usals menu, I do it all the time.

el bandido
09-11-2014, 11:03 AM
Changing the degrees of your location to compensate for bad dish alignment may make satellite signals stronger on one side of the arc, but weaker on the other side.
Changing the degrees for your location adjusts the entire arc, so I do not suggest changing your location in degrees for this reason.

You can change the degrees of a satellite or use a diseqc 1.2 position instead of USALS. Doing either one of these will not change your entire satellite arc

Costactc
09-11-2014, 11:54 AM
Changing the degrees of your location to compensate for bad dish alignment may make satellite signals stronger on one side of the arc, but weaker on the other side.
Changing the degrees for your location adjusts the entire arc, so I do not suggest changing your location in degrees for this reason.

You can change the degrees of a satellite or use a diseqc 1.2 position instead of USALS. Doing either one of these will not change your entire satellite arc

I always recompensate when scanning on the other side of the arc but I think EB suggestion about diseqc 1.2 is the best idea.

ftanut
09-11-2014, 05:05 PM
el bandido,
Will try to do what you suggested in changing the degrees of the satellite, I would like to use the DiSeqC function for the receiver to control the SG120 motor, since I do not have an owner's manual for the GS120, how do this get done, where do I start. Do I blindly go searching for a signal as I do using the Gbox and a positioned which I am familiar in doing so.

Do I start with a satellite Tp and search for a strong signal. If it is too much trouble, would it be best to alter the satellite's position value.

Thanks.

el bandido
09-11-2014, 05:18 PM
You should be able to use USALS to get you in the ballpark, then switch over to Diseqc 1.2 and fine-tune, Then Store the position and assign it a diseqc 1.2 number.
Let me get my X2 reconnected so I do not tell you wrong on how to do this.

el bandido
09-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Go into the Antenna Setting menu and change Motor to Diseqc 1.2. Pressing the OK button while Motor is highlighted will take you into the Diseqc 1.2 menu named Satellite Setting.

Highlight Direction in the Satellite Setting menu, then use the remote's left or right arrow keys to bump the motor until maximum signal is reached. You may change the transponder if needed in this menu.

When you are finished adjusting the signal, Highlight Store and Press OK. This satellite position will be stored and assigned the diseqc 1.2 number that is across from Position.