PDA

View Full Version : X2 III Arrival

Costactc
09-09-2014, 12:20 PM
As normal I didn't have the patience to wait for our site to start selling these units so I ordered one about 3 weeks ago and it arrived this afternoon. After setting this extremely well equipped receiver up I am already so impressed with it that I have full intentions of ordering another unit for my 8' dish from our site:

Costactc
09-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Here's a pic of a test card feed I scanned in with this receiver on Anik F1R at 107.3w:

Costactc
09-09-2014, 03:44 PM
Awesome receiver. Extremely fast blind scan and an extremely sensitive tuner which can go toe to toe with my technomate 5402. It's menus are similar to my tm receivers without being able to select a step scan but the scan is fast enough without it. It definitely gets my stamp of approval and I have it hooked up to the internet with the wifi antenna that came with the box....more to follow.

eastof111
09-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Really good looking and well built receiver. Can't wait to order one as soon as it's available.

ViP3R
09-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Really good looking and well built receiver. Can't wait to order one as soon as it's available.

Should be 8-10 days at amazon and legitFTA, we should have slightly cheaper prices than amazon..Just waiting on a firm price.

eastof111
09-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Cool.... looking forward to the banner..... it's here!!!!

solrackm
09-09-2014, 04:17 PM
that's very good news about the blind scan and sensitvity so far.

chifut
09-09-2014, 04:52 PM
..Is it support IPTV ??/

eastof111
09-09-2014, 06:17 PM
Looking at their website, it looks like it does.

Costactc
09-10-2014, 05:40 AM
..Is it support IPTV ??/

I will try it out today, there is an iptv button on the remote as well.

Costactc
09-10-2014, 08:29 AM
C band scanning is complete. The blind scan and tuner sensitivity on this box is at the top of whatever I have previously tested. The receiver missed 2 tp on all sats which I manually scanned in with no issues. My only problem was the Fox tp on G16 at 3720 H 8704 which will not scan in at all for me even with a pid scan. As long as you don't mind just having 1 sat at a time checked in the install menu, which I'm sure will be addressed in future fw, this box is a keeper with all relevant info at the touch of a button.

Ku band is next and I'll be testing its motor movement capabilities with usals.....more to follow.

ViP3R
09-10-2014, 08:39 AM
C band scanning is complete. The blind scan and tuner sensitivity on this box is at the top of whatever I have previously tested. The receiver missed 2 tp on all sats which I manually scanned in with no issues. My only problem was the Fox tp on G16 at 3720 H 8704 which will not scan in at all for me even with a pid scan. As long as you don't mind just having 1 sat at a time checked in the install menu, which I'm sure will be addressed in future fw, this box is a keeper with all relevant info at the touch of a button.

Ku band is next and I'll be testing its motor movement capabilities with usals.....more to follow.

I'm glad your enjoying it costa..

You can leave all your satellites checked..if you want to Blind scan just one bird you just use the arrow key to move to the sat you want to scan and hover over it, then press the yellow key on the remote (Single scan) then only that satellite will be scanned.

cpr43
09-10-2014, 11:21 AM
..Is it support IPTV ??/

Yes, it does. Right now several pre-loaded US/ AR stations. We are doing test into how to load yours using *.m3u8 files via USB. Also, over 100 movies pre-loaded.

Costactc
09-10-2014, 03:22 PM
I scanned ku sats from 72-103w with excellent results. The motor functions work flawlessly by the way. I had one issue as a blind scan cannot be performed with a universal lnbf if you change the scan frequency, this adds time to the scan which leaves its speed actually slow. I will be scanning the Atlantic ku sats next.

chifut
09-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Yes, it does. Right now several pre-loaded US/ AR stations. We are doing test into how to load yours using *.m3u8 files via USB. Also, over 100 movies pre-loaded.
Thanks Carlos,You made my day .. You can put me on the list for byers ...Cheers ..

Costactc
09-11-2014, 07:59 AM
After 2 days of intense testing I have decided to keep the x2 III on my main c band dish in combination with my technomate 5402. It took a while to learn the proper scanning technique with this new receiver but now that I have it down pat I think it's an excellent box. As I have previously stated, blind scan is lightning fast as long as you set up your scan properly and tuner sensitivity is also spot on. I have tested many ali chip receivers and I thought this one would fall into the same category but I was wrong. As with every new receiver there are always bugs that need to be addressed but as we saw with the x2, I'm sure they will be taken care of with great support.

ViP3R
09-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Costa, I was informed that the Premium lll is also capable of 16APSK and 32APSK so if you find some feeds please let us know..

Thanks

Costactc
09-30-2014, 09:16 AM
I just completed my new c band satellite list from 11-127w with 38 sats programmed. A total of 778 open channels. I have 2 issues that I would like to be addressed for this receiver. First, the non responsive remote control which seems to have a split second pause in between commands. Secondly, the blind scan is a bit inconsistent as scans can take up to 5 minutes on some sats and literally 15 seconds on others. As I have stated previously, for an ali chip receiver I am quite impressed and I have never had a receiver that came as well equipped as this one.

el bandido
09-30-2014, 09:37 AM
Which satellites take 5 minutes to scan?
Which satellites scan in a few seconds?

Costactc
09-30-2014, 09:55 AM
Anik F2 at 111.1w took over 5 minutes in a blind scan this morning and Simon Bolivar took approximately 15 seconds yesterday.

eastof111
09-30-2014, 11:31 AM
I second the RC control problem being unresponsive at times. Hopefully it may be just an easy firmware tweak.

el bandido
09-30-2014, 12:03 PM
Anik F2 at 111.1w took over 5 minutes in a blind scan this morning and Simon Bolivar took approximately 15 seconds yesterday.

The satellites transmit noise. Our lnbs and fta receivers turn the noise into radio and tv pictures.
A blind scan has to listen to all of the noise and try to determine what transponders are in it, and then get information including channels from the transponders that are found. Usually, scans or blindscans will take longer when there are many satellites located close together. A look at Lyngsat will show that there are many satellites operating at or within 3 degrees of 111.1W, and only a few satellites are operating at or around 78West. This can be one explanation as to why the scans times are vastly different at these two orbit locations. There is probably much less noise for the receiver to deal with at 78West than at 111.1West.

ViP3R
09-30-2014, 01:11 PM
I second the RC control problem being unresponsive at times. Hopefully it may be just an easy firmware tweak.

I sent them a message about the remote delay..I'm not experiencing this myself but if you guy's are it should be looked into.

ViP3R
10-01-2014, 08:14 AM
I sent them a message about the remote delay..I'm not experiencing this myself but if you guy's are it should be looked into.

They will be releasing new software for the WiFi drop out in the next week or so..on the remote they said the engineers checked the remote response and could not see anything wrong there and suggested brand new battery's..what can I say that's what they told me..lol. Like I said I'm not experiencing this so if someone could post a short video in a separate thread I can send them the link to look at.

Costactc
10-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Batteries were the only thing the x2 III didn't come equipped with and the ones in my remote are brand new. Last night I attempted to power it up but the remote was totally unresponsive, I had to do a hard boot to get it on.

eastof111
10-01-2014, 11:51 AM
I have the same problem with the number one button.... no response. Also, tried new Duracells, Maxells and zilch, nada. Tried the smaller RC and it works great, but unfortunately it does not have all the buttons.