PDA

View Full Version : breif review of x2 mini premium

solrackm
09-09-2014, 02:19 PM
purchased the x2 mini almost a month ago, but returned it through amazon prime.

here's the pros and cons,

pros- very good blind scan and accurate, not as fast as the orginal x2 but decent. it was able to scan the call letters of the luken channels on 87w cband
where the other receivers I have did not (x2 vu+duo2).

pretty good tuner sensitivity, close to the x2.

decent remote control.

cons- the deal killer that made me return it, it ran very hot, hot to the point where it kept losing the signal every fifteen minutes. i had to keep rebooting it.

it would not let you change the audio settings for some reason, like left channel or right channel,ac3 or mpeg.

when powering down the device it boots back up by itself. This is with the July 1st firmware.

newtofta32
03-06-2015, 05:29 PM
I have there x2 dvbs m1 satellite box have it on all day never gets that hot. Saving up to get there x2 mini premium

cpr43
03-10-2015, 06:52 PM
On sale Fleabay until March 15, now with USA sat list -February 2015 Firmware, As with the iSmart m100 I recommend to keep a small fan on top all the time. All my M100 are working fine since I did it

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Gary Bidwell
03-11-2015, 06:13 AM
Mine runs cool I am in central America ,Belize with out air conditioning. Works good

cpr43
03-11-2015, 08:09 AM
Mine runs cool I am in central America ,Belize with out air conditioning. Works good

Gary
Does this one has internet-wifi capacity?? Thanks

Costactc
03-11-2015, 12:41 PM
Gary
Does this one has internet-wifi capacity?? Thanks

Yes it does Carlos, the menu is extremely similar to the x2 III. Internet connection with wifi.

Marv
03-11-2015, 02:53 PM
I purchased the Mini second edition from amazon a couple of weeks ago. I guess the Pro's would be that it has a good blind scan and good video quality. And so far no over heating problem.
The Con's would be that It's not easy to program.Woking between two menues. The sat setup and the motor menues. When you setup a sat in the setup menu and then switch to the motor menu. It does not stay on the sat your working with. you have to re select that sat. You can not assign vbox position numbers. Must be like 1-2-3-4-5 and so on. Also unable to to program G18/KU using USALS. I get an out of limits error. The long. and lat. are properly setup. The rest of the KU sats program ok.
The clock does not remember the time and date when shut off. there are two choices for time setup Auto and Manual. When setting up using the auto once you set your time zone the time is off 30 min. with no way to correct. usless for trying to do a Time recording. when set to auto it disconnects from the net when turned off and then takes about 40 sec or so to re-set the time and date. So unless the the set is left on the record funtion can't start .
The first thing I done when I got the receiver was to was to udate the firmeware to the Feb. version. I tried updateing the firmware using the internet but it just locked up. I also can't find a way to back up the user database. the only option I find is dump all which is a .bin file. The Menu is similar to the Premium lll but not the same. This could be a real nice little receiver.

Costactc
03-11-2015, 03:12 PM
I agree. Navigation and menu setups are a bit complicated and tedious with the mini. I find its blind scan to be the fastest of all receivers I have tested, with the exception of a 10 count before each polarity is scanned. My main con on this receiver is that its blind scan is so fast that it always misses transponders. For example, a scan of any sat 3 times in a row will have different results all 3 times.

Marv
03-11-2015, 09:11 PM
Costactc, I will try a 3 time scan and see what I get. kU and C Band ? What size dishes are you using ?

Costactc
03-12-2015, 02:32 PM
Costactc, I will try a 3 time scan and see what I get. kU and C Band ? What size dishes are you using ?

I used the mini on my 10' mesh and 8' solid, both for c band and the latter c band circular.

Gary Bidwell
03-13-2015, 06:44 AM
I use a 6 foot mesh and it scans in most all transponders , I find that some times it is good to scan auto after a blind scan to catch all the networks. Make sure you choose network scan with Auto scan.

Costactc
03-15-2015, 07:05 AM

Finally found the time to tinker with the x2 mini. A scan of Ses 4 at 22w:

1) 21 channels
2)+3) 37 channels

Ses 6 at 40.5w

1) 83 channels-33 radio
2) 117 channels-39 radio
3) 111 channels- 39 radio

As much as I like this tiny receiver and its super fast blind scan, you will never know if it has found every tp that is open on any satellite. As I have posted earlier about its menu being a bit tedious and complicated, once you get the hang of it it's childs play.

newtofta32
05-02-2015, 02:59 AM
It does get a bit warm so I use a little computer fan blowing on it

newtofta32
05-02-2015, 03:05 AM
Works good with my 84cm dish gitting all the channels on 97 west don't really have trouble with the menu. Love the x2 mini dvbS2 satellite box

Gary Bidwell
05-02-2015, 12:14 PM
X2 mini HD works better then X2 HD III, I get better stable signal and quailty.

newtofta32
05-05-2015, 12:47 AM
I am having trouble with the u tube app it won't play a video and the box locks up and reboots every so often. Don't know if the april 28 update will help or not

cpr43
05-05-2015, 06:50 AM
Yes, there are updates for April. march for the Mini. I updated mine and it plays YouTube fine.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]