PDA

View Full Version : Vigica Android boxes

Jim S.
09-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Mountaineer,

I was looking at the Vigica boxes online after you mentioned them in the A3 thread. I see on Vigica's website that in addition to the C60S, there's now a C70S -- but the specs look identical. Do you know if there's some difference other than the case?

You mentioned that the satellite side of the system had some issues. What are you finding? And does it have blind scan?

rrob311
09-11-2014, 05:54 PM
My Gk526s android receiver I picked up several months ago has the same specs as the Vigica. It would be nice if the firmware is interchangeable. Support is nonexistent for the gk526s.

el bandido
09-11-2014, 06:07 PM
A quick look shows no firmware support for the Vigica either.

77ta
09-11-2014, 06:12 PM
A quick look shows no firmware support for the Vigica either.

I think this is it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

el bandido
09-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Try downloading something from that site.

mountaineer
09-11-2014, 06:51 PM
The sat side is pretty bad. It is difficult to setup, no way to save to an editable file. Blind scan is poor at best. It comes with an eu plug and no adapter. Picture is pretty good. Have not tried to move a dish or anything. Spent all my time editing sats. Almost have to manually input tps and scan. has built in editor for sats, channels and sats, but painfully slow doing this with the remote....and the remote is very cheap....exactly like the M100, X2, izibox. Just different buttons.
On the positive side...xmbc works...netflix works... has built in wifi that works....internet works...google play apps work....i can play movies saved on my Azme thru the network.....Easy remote mouse.....
If using it to play just 99 west and netflix....I hate to recommend the box without major revisions to the sat side...but for the price it is up to you. I am using it to watch fixed dishes...play stuff downstairs from azme upstairs....and netfilx.
Cant find any way to setup recordings...it seems to me that it wants to play itself thru xbmc, if i could set it up like that I think it would work. XBMC has timers etc. Any ideas on that?

As far as the 70 series I have no idea. Both models seem to have a terrestrial model...so make sure you get the DVB s2 one which ever you decide on.

Overall...like many receivers....plenty of potential...pitiful firmware.Would it be a total loss to order one...yes...if you were looking for sat side high usage and ease. Maybe not if you are going to use it for simple TV watching and the apps.

el bandido
09-11-2014, 07:01 PM
Would you please try to download and play some action game apps such as SubwaySurfer and HayDay? Action games such as these have lots of graphics and speed. Loading them will tell how good the Android side is.

rrob311
09-11-2014, 07:02 PM
Does it have a 10750 lnb setting?

can you put up a couple pictures of the sat menus?

77ta
09-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Try downloading something from that site.

Not very useful unless you read Chinese is it. I tried to download one and it said I had chosen to open some exe file.

Edit:From what I've read it looks like the exe file is an ftp like program for a cloud server.

mountaineer
09-12-2014, 06:26 AM
Has all the LO settings you could want.

Here is the amazon page:
hxxp://[Only registered and activated users can see links]

If you go here and click on C 60S....theere is a folder with pictures and screen shots...it is accurate for the most part.

Also if you google it...there is a 4:00 minute video showing it and the screen operations. It may be on the site [Only registered and activated users can see links]

mountaineer
09-12-2014, 06:29 AM
I loaded subway surfer. It played it sideways and I didnt have time to get it to work...but the demo played fine....sideways.

mountaineer
09-12-2014, 06:32 AM
If I could find an app to download and save the sat list and channel list I might buy a couple more...they would replace my streaming boxes and sat boxes in each bedroom and in the kids play room. they just need to do netflix, watch movies from central HD, and tune simple sat. The thought of having to rename, edit, and rescan everything is more than enough to keep me from doing so.

And I tried to find backup apps that work and couldn't get anything that seems to work. Will be a work in progress. With the right apps the box would be OK.

rrob311
09-12-2014, 07:50 AM
A difference in the specs I noted between the 60 and 70 is one has led display support.

eastof111
09-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Mountaineer, just curious if you can access files with Filezilla or is it purposely blocked? How about Telnet?

mountaineer
09-12-2014, 12:40 PM
I can get in with filezilla. I see folders just like e2...but can not find channels or sats anywhere.
apparently there are two seperate "places" in these boxes. the android side and the sat side. Kind of like a partioned hard drive. In many cases they do not communicate with each other. i can get to android side thru filezilla. The sat side I can not find.
On fridge there is a restore guide that talks about this for A3. If you download the zip file at the bottom...and go through the file....it is exactly what I see in filezilla. You notice when reading the guide to the restore.....that this restore does not touch sat settings or info . So I guess I need to find the partition or place where the sat info is stored. Any help would be appreciated. If I could find it and make a copy...it would save other people a TON of time renaming asian and eu sats and scanning and deleteing and adding tps and editing channels and and and well you should get the idea by now.

el bandido
09-12-2014, 12:47 PM
Look in usr or a sub-folder of usr. Also look in var.

mountaineer
09-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Been thru everything many many times. See webpage in post above...download recoveryzip...and surf thru it. It is almost exactly what I see....and no sats etc. I could be wrong and PRAY someone shows me...will make this process easier :)

CLICK "SYSTEM" FOLDER that is what I see in filezilla.

el bandido
09-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Can you Upload the firmware to this site?

mountaineer
09-12-2014, 01:32 PM
That one is like 230 MB Zipped. These files are huge. But if you go here:

then use winrar and surf thru to SYSTEM FOLDER ope it and that is what I see.

chewie
09-12-2014, 01:50 PM
Hello Mountaineer
I use this program to view the files on my enigma2 boxes, DCC-E2 ver. 1.50, Using FTP I can find my satellite.xml under folder etc/tuxbox, does your box have such a folder?
Regards.
Chewie

mountaineer
09-29-2014, 08:40 AM
vigica did post a new firmware. Look at the news section of their site..link to mega site.
Did incorporate a channel/sat backup and restore. No program to use on it. But it does back them up to usb..four files...looks like plain linux..will attach here and maybe someone can tell. I offered two or three more things they could do...timer recordings (currently unavailable), sat button to pull up sat list to change channels...currently unavailable. If they get those two fixed and a way to edit the ch/sat backup....will be a good box.
Problems seem to only be on sat side of box...Apps seem to do well. Latest FW sped up box as well.

mountaineer
09-29-2014, 08:45 AM

here are the files. I added .doc. There was no ending on them. Any help is appreciated.
but atleast now If I do buy another box....I can load my lists and not have to do it all by hand for each receiver.

Thanks Guys!!!

rrob311
12-25-2015, 10:07 PM
I see a 12/8/14 firmware update on their site. Were you able to load this? Any improvements? I am tempted to try a different firmware on my gk526s.

mountaineer
12-26-2015, 06:30 AM
yes that is the one I have in it. The only new thing really is the ability to save and load your database. The bad is that now there is no way to pull up sat list by a remote button. All channels come up. They could have done so much better but like many other companies in the fta business..a new box brings in way more money than new firmware. The FW is really bad for this box and that is a shame. i keep it for the netflix and sat capability.