PDA

View Full Version : FW Upgrade by Internet?

Costactc
09-25-2014, 01:42 PM
I'm having a hard time for my x2 III to read the new file from my usb and I do remember Viper saying that it was easier by internet but I'm not quite sure how to ga about it. In the menu we have:

Protocol choice of ftp or http

url type choice of string or number

url

user

password

any advice on setting this up would be greatly appreciated.

cpr43
09-25-2014, 02:23 PM
Which version you have loaded?? There should be a FTP download feature and a Internet Update in the External Device section. Internet Update will download the file and load it directly to the box. FTP Download will give you choices to download 5 different files to your USB Pen Drive. (ftp quota, Loader, Quick Guide, Smart Phone App, User Manual and latest firmware)

You could probably try a smaller size USB pen drive, maybe 2, 4, 8 GB. Some boxes doesnt recognize latest bigger ones

Costactc
09-25-2014, 02:37 PM
All 3 usb I have tried are all 8 and under. I'm using the Sep 5 fw.

cpr43
09-25-2014, 02:44 PM
All 3 usb I have tried are all 8 and under. I'm using the Sep 5 fw.

If you're using Sep 5 you can do the update to Sep 19 automatically using the Internet Update. The file is already posted in line

Costactc
09-25-2014, 02:50 PM
I have tried twice, each time download failed. I'm using http protocol and my url number. Am I doing something wrong?

Costactc
09-25-2014, 02:58 PM
Finally figured it out, my x2 III now has the Sep 19 file:

ftp

string

start

after that it asks if you want to update, works like a charm.

Costactc
09-25-2014, 03:08 PM
I also backed up all my sat and channel info and it all came back, awesome.

cpr43
09-25-2014, 03:13 PM
I usually scroll down to START using everything as default and hit Yes to do the update. Now that you did the update see if you can see the USB file. Is there was any bug it probably went away with the update. Some features were move around. IPTV still down probably until tomorrow. :th_thumbs20up:

Costactc
09-25-2014, 03:24 PM
Now that I figured it out via internet, I won't be using a usb in the future for fw updates.

cpr43
09-25-2014, 03:35 PM
Now that I figured it out via internet, I won't be using a usb in the future for fw updates.

Well, just in case it will be nice to test the USB process. I was told they will usually release the files here a day or two before it goes public or to their FTP.

Costactc
09-26-2014, 07:29 AM
I thought the backup worked well but I only realised now that if you perform a backup it will also flash the same file that you had working with the receiver. Although most of the internet functions are working spot on, I will need to flash the new sw and start all over again.

ViP3R
09-26-2014, 08:25 AM
I thought the backup worked well but I only realised now that if you perform a backup it will also flash the same file that you had working with the receiver. Although most of the internet functions are working spot on, I will need to flash the new sw and start all over again.

Morning Costa,

To restore the channel list only and not the old software read below..you won't have to start over.

1-Attach USB Flash to receiver

2-Make Software Backup as Following

Menu - External Device - Upgrade By USB - Backup - Start

3-To Restore the Channel list please make the following

Menu - External Device - Upgrade By USB - Backup ( Press Left on Upgrade Mode and change into ( Userdb )

Then press Start and wait till the receiver make restart automatic .

After Restart all the channel list will restore on the receiver.

Also there is a new Sept 26 file available through FTP. I will upload it also.

Costactc
09-26-2014, 12:17 PM
Upgraded to the September 26 file and loaded all my info and it retained the latest file, worked like a charm. However, the last thing you need to do when reloading your backup is:

upgrade mode userdb

upgrade file backup.abs

start

You cannot go left or right in the upgrade file area.